Supplication - Russian River Brewing Company

to view more.
Ratings: 5,449 | Reviews: 1,374
Reviews by SPThirtyThree:
3.72/5  rDev -18.4%

Supplication comes in a pricey little 375 mL bottle. (I think I paid $12.00?) The bottle looks neat though, with a long, bulged neck like a miniature version of it's 750 mL big brothers. Corked and caged. Served at 47°F.

A: Uncorked, revealing a swirling mist in the bottle. Pours into my NB goblet a cloudy, light copper, peachy brown, that's too dark for an amber but lighter than a typical brown. A creamy, one-finger sandstone head emerges, with just a tinge of pink.

S: Sour cherries, which undoubtedly had been eagerly anticipating uncorking, fill the room before the pour. This brew is almost overwhelmingly sour and complex. The nose is packed with vinegar, as well as clove, cinnamon, Morello cherries, and a slight, salty, barnyard funk. Overall the smell is an intense sour acid with accents of warm, herbal Christmas notes. The background spice is phenolic and slightly solventy.

T: The taste is predominantly dry, woody, and tart. It's very complex, but it's a well past center on the sour scale, so it's hard for me to decide if I love it or not. The carbonation and sourness hit first, but then a solventy hotness follows. The flavor also finishes with more fresh-cut oak and vanilla than any other sour I've tasted.

M: This wild is highly carbonated, so the effervescence foams in the throat and causes major burpage. The bubbles from the foam nucleate and explode in the mouth, but the cream makes the bursting bubbles and ensuing foam stick to your mouth and throat. There is also enough sourness to bring on some puckering and pangs in the jaw.

D: I would say drinkability is severely limited on cost alone, but as far as the beer itself goes, the real factor is your appreciation of very sour beers. I tend to avoid more acidic beer styles like Flanders Red, but I would consider this to be right at my limit for sourness. Medium.

4.5/5  rDev -1.3%

Review from BeerAdvocate Magazine April 2007.

Batch 001. Aged in pinot noir barrels for over a year, with sour cherries, Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus and Pediococcus (oh my!) introduced over the course. Presented in an awesome 375 ml corked-and-caged bottle.

Decanted ever-so-slowly so as not to rouse the sediment, the beer pours a brilliant deep orange with reddish hues. Active carbonation rises to form a half-inch layer of off-white foam that rests at a ringed lace. Big, Lambic-like aroma--tart and barnyardy--but much cleaner, with suggestions of sweet fruits and bread. First sip is an awakening of the senses, with a big smack of tartness and a pleasing acidic sharpness. Sour-cherry flavors run deep, and also provide a gentle sweet- ness and fruitiness to counter the tartness. Suggestions of weathered hops and leafy undertones within light tannins. Cheesy wine and oak provide some background complexities and are cushioned by a layer of Brett breadiness. Finish is very vinous, with a lingering tartness, tannins and a dry, puckering finish.

One of the best examples of American artisan brewing to have met our palates. Period. Don't bother pairing this one with any food. It's to be indulged in on its own. Batch 002 is on sale now at their website ($11), and they'll ship to about half of the states in the US.

4.75/5  rDev +4.2%

375ml brown mini-magnum with "Batch Number 001" on the label.

A- Hazed orange amber with a showing of active carbonation, awesome lacing ... it literally sticks every where.

S- Tartness of a lambic but clean like an American ale. Well maybe not totally clean as there is a mild cellar / barn yard character from the wild yeast in the aroma. I can barely pick out the sour cherries in the aroma as the wood blankets the nose. Fruit cake?

T- A thick layer of bready malt runs up against a solid tartness, both don't collide yet they meld together. Big wild yeast flare with a weathered hop bite in the middle. Big snap of tartness flows with a mild sweetness from the cherries and malt. The woodiness is more of back ground character yet adds more complexity to the brew than anything else IMO. More tartness and a growing woody dryness in the finish.

M- Creamy with a bitty wood bite that leads to a dry palate.

D- So easy to quaff that I struggled to savor every drop.

By far the best American beer I have had this year, It is beers like this that inspire and show where modern American brewers can go ... there are no boundaries.

This is my favorite RRB and beer in general. It has opened my eyes to the potential of sour beers. The cherry flavor is exquisite.

Note: This beer is extremely sour. Don't expect to chug this or even think about ordering this without time to slowly drink and enjoy. Even though I love this, I cannot make myself drink this fast. The sourness is so extreme that it takes some time to adjust to. It is kind of like getting hit in the head with a heavy object.

But the sour cherry flavor makes it my favorite beer by far. I live near RRB and probably drink one 375ML bottle of this beer every week. I don't even care that it costs ~$13. It is worth it.

2.1/5  rDev -53.9%

A. Semi peachish amber color. Pours with plenty of head, roughly 1.5 fingers.

Smell. You sure this is beer? lol. Smells of heavy influence of the wine barrel. Slight tone of fruit.

Taste. WOW. Holey f*ck. 4 years ago, regardless of the $12 price point I would have poured this beer out. Now, understanding the process that made this beer it is impressive. This is a palette cleanser. This is like wine and beer had an affair and this is the illegitimate child from that process. Very tart and sour with plenty of pinot noir tones.

Mouthfeel. Tart, dry, semi bitter. SOUR. very nice.

Overall: If you are in search of a sour beer, this is one of the tops, This will light your taste buds up like licking a 9 volt battery!And thats about it, not much for flavor, price point is off by a mile, and this is something that you would rather have a sample of, not too many people would sit down and enjoy this beer IMO, this is one you split between 5 or 6 people just to say you've had it.

4.58/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

My buddy came back from Cali with a 3 litre bottle of this from the brewpup. It was a celebration to have this beer in the midwest. good sour flavor. I really enjoyed popping the cork on such a large bottle...it felt like being in the winner circle after an F1 race win!

I would have never thought in a thousand years when I began reviewing beers that my first perfect score would be a wild ale. I honestly hated the first few I tried. I have tried to think of any reason to knock this one down a notch but honestly I can't find anything wrong with it!

Appearance: Gorgeous copper red with some brown notes, a little hazy and a beautiful creamy head that just lies there throughout the drinking of this gem.

Aroma: Soft tart cherries, some brett notes, some earthy notes and a slight grape note from no doubt the Pinot barrels, but not overly potent, very nuanced this one. The layering of the aromas is truly magnificent.

Taste: First you get some mild tart notes, but not really sour, just balanced. The Pinot Noir is definitely detected in the flavors, oakey vinous notes dominate, a slight farmhouse note but very subtle, not one that hits you in a dominant way. This beer has a nice clean carbonation on the tongue but it is also very creamy to the mouthfeel. I really don't know how they do it!

Overall: As I said before this is a perfect beer in every way. I am truly surprised. I want more and hope I can obtain many more, I have to be able to share this one with friends, its too good to have all to myself! Thanks man for the trade, truly incredible experience!

4.28/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Much better in bottle then on tap

1.89/5  rDev -58.6%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Reviewed from notes. Drank on 4/13/12.

This was one of the two beers that I tried to see if I liked Sour beers. I don't. This "beer" poured a strawberry blonde into a snifter. Their was a rush of carbonation that left no head and no lacing. This one tastes Like a sour cherry wine cooler. Zero beer taste. I should note that I do not like wine and this beer had a very distinct pinot noir flavor to it. Every sip made me pucker up and shiver from the sourness of everything in one beer. Sour beers are not for me.

4.57/5  rDev +0.2%

Batch 001. Rusted orange peel with edges of polished brass gleaming under candlelight. The sandstone colored cap has plenty of character, even if it isn't as awe-inspiring as it might have been. A few patches of sudsy lace grace the upper reaches of the glass... while the final pour brings a darker, murkier look that is immensely appealing.

The nose is unquestionably awe-inspiring and lets the sniffer know what's in store when it comes time to soak the taste buds. The word complexity seems horribly inadequate. How about complex complexity? Brown malt, sour cherries and microbe-generated funk. It's all present and it smells fandamntastic!

Supplication is beautiful beer. I don't care how long it took Vinnie to create it (more than one year according to the rear label), it was time well spent. It's obvious that the flavor has held up perfectly well. The body/mouthfeel might be a different story. However, since this is my first bottle, it's impossible to say for sure.

According the Russian River website, this batch is supposed to be less acidic and acetic than subsequent batches. I think it's just right in that regard. Any more acid and flavor and drinkability would have taken a hit. The website also says that cherries are more prominent in 001. It's great that tart fruit dominates, even with so much else going on.

As for the bugs, Brettanomyces was used, as were Lactobacillus and Pediococcus. The horse blanket characteristics of Brett are obvious, as are the smelly feet charcteristics added by the two bacteria. What cheesemakers have known for millenia, brewers are just beginning to discover. That's nothing but good news for craft beer lovers.

The flavor profile is a kaleidoscope of deliciousness. It includes brown malt, fermented sour cherries, a shot of oak-soaked Pinot Noir, fruit vinegar and a lovely funkiness that is anything but overpowering. Warming doesn't change much, but then the beer was mind-blowingly deep right out of the chute.

I'm still not sure what sort of mouthfeel an American wild ale should have. This one is light-medium and the carbonation lacks softness. It still fits the beer very well, however, which is the biggest reason why it hasn't been penalized too severely.

Supplication (noun): humble prayer, entreaty or petition. Mr. Cilurzo, I humbly ask that you do whatever is in your power to return to the days when those of us who reside outside of California were able to have Russian River beer delivered to our homes. Supplication is well worth its lofty ranking on The Top Beers on Planet Earth.

4.87/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Bottled 9/24/2014

L: Pours crystal clear auburn with a silky and luscious billowy white head that settles to around 1/2 inch and stays. Carbonation is light-to-medium and has a champagne like effervescence. One of the most amazing looking beers I've seen.

S: Sour and tart cherry-funk first, with a sour apple and light pear aroma following, not overwhelming but very enticing and inviting.

T: Follows through on the nose, although the cherry flavors are very understated, as is the oaky sour apple/pear funk. What struck most was the silky, creaminess of the cherry flavors, which don't hit at the front of the tongue like everything else, but at the back.

F: Unbelievably creamy, full, rich and smooth. As mentioned above, the cherry flavors coat your mouth like whipped cream and balance out the oak and funk. 7.75% abv and you don't really even taste 0.5% of it.

O: Beautiful to look at, inviting aroma, complex flavors that unfold slowly, but never fight for their place as they move across the palate, all while remaining smooth and silky. The best sour for me thus far.

4.82/5  rDev +5.7%

Appearance – This one is a bright orange in color and very cloudy with a moderate head that went down rather quickly as is typical of the style. The liquid though just lit up the room.

Smell – The big malted notes and controlled sourness are in perfect balance at the nose. I am amazed at how exactly even the balance here is between the malts and sour fruits. The cherries are most dominant I think but there are lots of other sweets in here.

Taste – The brown malts here are just gorgeous. I just love the wonderful Belgian lightly-toasted malts and how they played with the sourness of this ale. The sour flavors are extremely refined. This is not a hurtful sourness or something meant to knock you off your barstool. This is a sour flavor, mated equally with the malt, to encourage a broader acceptance of this style.

The fruits are exciting and, again, could be appreciated by those unfamiliar with this style not commonly found here in the US. The cherries are the most prominent, but I can pick up a diverse sugary complexity that consists mostly of citrus and darkish fruits like dark berries.

The lambic nature of this ale is unmistakable. This is like a great raw lambic with incredible smoothness mated to big Belgian malts and some nice fruits.

Mouthfeel – This one is medium-bodied with some comfortable sourness in the mouth and a light bitterness at the very end. Even the finish is balanced.

Drinkability – This is the first sour Belgian Ale that I wanted to drink all night. I really had a hard time finding fault with this Russian River offering.

Comments – This was an “early preview” of Vinnie’s next batch that will condition in the bottle for another nine months or so prior to release. I’m not sure how much better this one can get, but I want to thank the brewmaster for sharing this wonderful sour ale with me, my wife, and rapopoda who was also in town for barrel-tasting weekend.

One more note. I’m hesitant to send in a change of style request since I am certainly no expert on Belgian sour ales, but the big malt here makes me think that this is more of a brown (Oud Bruin) than a red. However, this is aged in oak (old pinot noir barrels), so who knows.

4.5/5  rDev -1.3%

Many thanks to Brewbacca for sending several bottles a while back. I’ve finely gotten around to trying some and I am very pleased.

Pours a turbulent orange-red with uncanny carbonation and head. It takes a long time to descend but eventually rests as a healthy and easily excitable skim.

Aroma is heavy on cherry vinegar, or what I imagine cherry vinegar would smell like if such a thing exists. Oak and wet animal hide really dominate but light notes of papaya and other tropical fruits do shine through from time to time.

Body is very acidic, quite tart and somewhat sour. Tart cherries with a heavy wood presence dominate. Very bready or cakey with a lot of sour fruit yeast flavor.

Delicious, depthful, and drinkable by the case.

4.35/5  rDev -4.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Big thanks to Jeff for cracking this with me, the last of the "regular" Russian River sours for me to try. Supplication pours a mildly translucent copper color with some very deep orange-ish hints throughout. Much like the rest of these sours, the off-white head wisps away fairly quickly without leaving anything behind to tell you that it ever existed.

Calling the aroma of Supplication "sour" or "tart" would hardly do it justice - it is extremely tantalizing to the saliva glands from the very first whiff. Sour, black cherries, grapes, apples, huge amounts of vinous notes, most likely from the Pinot Noir barrels. Secondary, yet still integral aromas include vinegar and a solid brazing of wet oak. The funk is certainly hanging about, too; very light horsey aromas, along with some musty cellar, wet hay, and faintly cheesy funk. Highly complex, and a wonderful aroma overall.

Up front, big-time vinegar and vinous flavors immediately jump out and start thrashing my tongue right away. The oak and barrel flavors are also amplified much more on the palate than they were on the nose, coming out heavy with some large grape skins, cherries, and apple. A huge collage of a nearly fifty-fifty split of juicy fruits and more sophisticated vinous flavors. Supplication is exceedingly tart and puckering with a lasting and somewhat acidic sourness that will keep your palate on its toes the whole time.

The tartness may be dominant, but the funk is not to be forgotten. Lots of Brett shines from the middle into the finish; cork, wet wood, light barnyard, and a super dry funk to close everything out. Though it's only 7% ABV, some alcohol characteristics become noticeable upon warming, more so adding another layer of complexity rather than being a nuisance. The mouth feel is dry and crispy with heavy carbonation; thin-medium bodied, wet and slick.

Wow, yet another fantastic Russian River sour. Drinkable beyond belief, as long as you don't mind a stomach ulcer or two. I'd put this one right around the middle of the pack of their regular line-up of sours (which is saying quite a bit, because even the bottom ones in my opinion are still damn good). I prefer this to Consecration and Sanctification, it's a bit more complex and has a better balance of tart and funk. All these sours make me upset that I don't receive Russian River distribution.

4.32/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Batch 4x3.

Murky orange/red/brown color with a big off-white head that leaves plenty of lacings.

The smell is fairly blurry with a prominent oak character and notes of sweet cherries, grass, mud and brett. Nice acidicty.

The taste is full of events. Sweet malty cherries and malts up front quickly handing over to a prominent sourness coupled with grass, lemon, minerals and vinegar. A mild bitterness develops towards the finish as the beer ends with nice cherry flavors, oak and a very mild funkiness.

Medium body and velvety smooth but dry finish.

A nice one. Very impressive composition. Quite reminiscent of a sparkling fruity wine.

4.73/5  rDev +3.7%

Tasted this on 5/3/10 with TCGoalie and then again 5/8/10 with Buckyfresh. Thanks for sending it our way, zoso1967!

A: Served into an oversized wine glass, this beer appears as a copper/peach/raspberry colored amalgamation, and is topped with a pillowy beige head that starts at 1 finger high and slowly recedes. The head retention is exceptional. And, boy oh boy, is the lacing amazing! It is uber sticky and looks like the splashing water that Mickey Mouse controls in "Sorcerer's Apprentice." This is the finest lacing I have seen from a beer.

S: Aromas of sour fruitiness greet me when I take this beer deeply into my olfactory. I also detect a slight vinegar presence which contrasts nicely to all sorts of fruit smells: cherry, raspberry, peach, golden delicious apple. There is a healthy dose of funk in this smell, as well. The aroma is quite wine-like, closely related to a Pinot Grigio; this is odd, because the label says that the beer was aged in Pinot Noir barrels. Other aromas I get from this beer are some spice in the form of clove, paprika, and black pepper, and also some fresh woodiness.

T: Wow, sour! My first thought of a similar experience in my mouth is that of sucking on a Sour Patch candy. This beer lights up every crevice of my palate with a dry, biting, cherry, blueberry, golden delicious cider bomb of a flavor. There is some serious funk in the taste, in a great Tower of Power sort of way. You've got to Funkifize! The more I taste this, the more I recognize a similarity to quite dry Champagne.

M: Supplication takes my mouth on a roller coaster ride. The sourness explodes onto every taste bud, lingers for around ten seconds and then really dries out my mouth with a long, dry cherry-like residue.

D: I really enjoy the sour and dry character of this beer, and having split two 12.68 bottles in separate sittings, I would certainly classify this brew as a drawn out tasting sipper. This is by far the most original and exciting beer that I have had in awhile and it really shocked and delighted my taste buds. What a great beer!

4.8/5  rDev +5.3%

A: A pale copper with excellent clarity, which surprised me after wresting the cork as much as I did I was sure I'd have stir up the sediment. The off-white head with a touch of pink/orange is quick to fade leaving a ring of fine bubbles around the edge of the glass.

S: An intense sour aroma with moderately-strong fruit aromas mostly of black cherries and currents. There is some of that velvety red grape aroma layered on top of the vanilla and oak notes. Nothing in the way of malt or hops aroma; no diacetyl either.

T: Lots of fruit most red currents and oranges with a moderately-strong sourness. There is a little bit sweetness but the balance is pretty tart, like a sweet tart with twice the tart. There aren't any hops to be found here either but there not needed; very low bitterness and no flavor. The finish is very dry, there is a tartness left in the aftertaste but its mostly fruity with oranges, dark cherries and even a touch of strawberries.

M: moderately-light bodied with moderate carbonation. It's not cream nor crisp. No astringency.

O: Wow! A complex, fruity sour with a whole lot of balance. Well worth getting a hold of. This beer could easily substitute for light to moderate red wine when paired with food. There a quiet a few beers with more sour than this but Supplication has elegant refined flavor, I want nothing more out this beer than say a few more bottles.

4.82/5  rDev +5.7%

I was lucky enough to try this on tap.

Rusty amber color without much head.

Floral and bretty notes with wonderful cherry notes.

Taste is sour cherries, subtle vanilla, and pinot noir.

Mouthfeel is where it really blows up. It's a medium mouthfeel that finishes acidic with superb dry, red wine tannins.

Probably not really drinkable for a lot of people considering how sour and dry it is. For me, bring it by the pitcher.

4.5/5  rDev -1.3%

A - Pours a light redish brown with 1.5 finger head. Decent retention, excellent lacing.

S - Green apples, oak, slight vanilla

T - Taste starts out sour and funky with lots of citric notes. Sour cherries and grapes appear in the middle. Finishes very sour and astringent.

M - Full bodied, medium acidity, great balance, nice complexity and long finish

O - One of the best American Wild Ales I've had. Glad I got to try this one.

4.7/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Thanks to TicoCali for this.

Pours a quite transparent burnt umber. Very attractive. Not much head to speak of. Just a whisper of off-white that dissipates immediately. Lots of cherries in the initial nose, but that gives way to both a sharpness of what I guess would be the pinot barrels and a bluntness of wood (guess what that's attributed to). I don't know if brett's involved, but there is a layer of funk in the nose, as well. There is a robustness to the nose, like vanilla-coated cranberries. Holy moly, this is a great sour. Just a wisp of sweetness at the start and then a torrent of pucker grabs your tongue. Getting some green apple-type pucker with deeper raisin and wine notes. At the very end, there's a semi-thick layer that blunts the sour onslaught and invites a new sip. Very interesting how much the middle bounces off the tongue and how buoyant this sour is. Great stuff.

Like It? Yes, Of Course

4.97/5  rDev +9%

Small 375ml corked and caged bottle that is elegantly labeled and informative. Batch 001. The cork produces a loud pop with wisps of white into the air. Poured into my SN tulip a amber orangish red with rising bubbles that create a tight eggshell head. The color of an autumn afternoon. As my nose reaches the glass I'm left nearly speechless. Dew covered freshly picked sour cherries meld with aged woody tones. Vinous sour grapes peek out as well, all touched with a musty, funky yeastiness. Vinegar and lactic acid come to mind with each inhalation. Each aroma seems to have its place in the overall beauty of this unique offering.

My first sip brings a conglomeration of sour cherries and grapes awash in a sea of slightly dry woody tannins. The slight hint of sweet caramel collides with a vibrant, earthy, musty yeastiness imparted by the brettanomyces. A bit acidic with a lactic twang and vinegar undertones. Exceddingly complex and challenging on the palate. Each sip causes me to envision the barrel this magnificent liquid called home for a year, where the amazing wild yeasts and bacteria did their part to help create a truly awe inspiring beer. A tart, vinous finish leaves traces of pinot noir and oak dangling on the back of the tongue.

Smooth and creamy with virbant carbonation that dances across the palate. Each subsequent sip leaves me in anticipation of the next. I really wish this bottle was 750ml as I'm dreading the end of my glass and I could lust after each sip of this beer all day. Truly a work of brewing art if there ever was one and without a doubt one of the most complex, unique and well built beers that has ever graced this beer drinkers lips. Highly recommended and not to be missed. Vinnie has created a masterpiece that I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of drinking again. Many thanks to irishsnake for the amazing opportunity.

4.1/5  rDev -10.1%

I traded a growler of Imperial Porter from Portsmouth Brewery for this beer. Chris at Ebenezer's Pub wanted me to try Supplication. (By the way, if you're ever in central western Maine, Ebenezer's in Lovell is a destination). This was a 375ml champagne bottle, Batch 002, poured into a tulip glass. Nice red color with very little head. It had a cherry aroma. The taste was primarily sour cherry, very tart and almost astringent. It was vaguely vinous. A little bit of yeast showed up late. Very good mouthfeel. The drinkability, to me, is limited by the tartness.

3.94/5  rDev -13.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

darkish, yet bright red. casts a reddish pink when light beams through it. highly carbed in this tiny bottle. White head fizzed up and quickly dissipated.

smells like a cherry truffle...also a bit of the wood on the nose.

Bubbles like an alka seltzer in my mouth. Nice sour cherry flavor...bit of a bite and a hint of the oak at the end.

Astringent mouthfeel and so carbonated.

Good sour, though this 375 ml bottle is plenty for me...would gladly share it.

I like it, but Consecration is still tops for me when it comes to the RR 'tions.

batch 005X2

A - pours a deep reddish brown with only half a finger of persistant head (though I poured it a bit slowly to keep yeast sediment in the bottle).

S - Cherries are initially prevalent, giving way to hints of oak, a bit of funk and sour apple. This smells fantastic.

T - Very tart, acidic cherry and oak tannins come through and dry the palate; some sour apple and mustiness as well. A wonderful blend of flavors. I'm really enjoying this.

M - Medium mouthfeel with great carbonation. This is lively, tart and drying on the palate.

D - Definitely one to sip slowly and enjoy. Makes me want to travel to California more often.

4.4/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

375ml bottle, batch 04x5. Pours a clear reddish copper with a medium creamy white head that retains well and laces the glass.

The aroma is a little subdued but very nice - sweet and tart cherries with some wood and a touch of alcohol.

The flavor is a huge punch of sour tart fruits. After getting accustomed to the sourness, some sweet cherries and wood comes out. It has a dry finish with some sharp sour notes. The mouthfeel is medium bodied and slightly sharp.

Overall, this is one of the sourest beers I've had and one of the best sours. It's very nice - the sweet cherries help balance the sourness and make it interesting. I picked up very little Brett, more could be interesting. This is even more intense in the bottle than when I had it on draft. A bit of an expensive treat at $13 a bottle.

to view more.