Supplication - Russian River Brewing Company

SupplicationSupplication

Wants: 2,101
Russian River Brewing Company visit their website

American Wild Ale |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-25-2005)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Supplication Alström Bros
Dan3279

4.47/5  rDev -2.2%

batch 006X1

I have been looking forward to drinking this beer for a while now and I have to be honest the beer actually intimidated me at first. I usually don't drink sour beers and I was afraid that because of the style I was going to be really disappointed in the beer.

I got my hands on a few entry level / basic sours to get a feel for them and I liked what I was trying. So last night on my first night of vacation I broke down and opened up the bottle. I poured the 12oz bottle into a snifter glass to find a deep red, amber, hazy body with a bubbly head that dissipated quickly.

The aroma of course was dominated with the sour cherries and oak. I also noticed some dried fruits at the end which gave it more of a sweeter aroma than I expected.

The taste was exceptional, and I was really impressed. There are a lot of different things going on here that just work so well together. The tart cherries, oak, sweetness, and funk. The beer is sour, but its so enjoyable with the sweetness thats balanced in. The carbonation and alochol are just right.

I could go on and on about this beer, it really was a great experience to drink it and I really wish I could get this on a weekly basis. I can say that I am a fan of sours now and look forward to trying more but at the same time the bar is set very high!

06-18-2011 23:54:43 | More by Dan3279
Agold

4.3/5  rDev -5.9%

Batch 006x2

Supplication pours a rose color with a bit of head retention and a small amount of lacing. The aroma is slightly sour with a nice fruity cherry note, as it warms, a very distinct wine and funky side emerges. The taste has the cherries and a mild mild oak wine presence which is a nice counterpoint to the cherries and tartness, with the same character emerging as the beer warms. This beer is extremely light and refreshing and complex. Very enjoyable beer, especially for the summer. Very light and very well carbonated with a nice bite. Have not quite gotten into sours, but this is a very good beer to get going with.

06-17-2011 02:13:18 | More by Agold
Pahn

4.78/5  rDev +4.6%

375ml bottle into Duvel tulip. Batch 005X3, so bottled 5/3/10. Thanks to BA msulinski for trading me this bottle!

Appearance: Moderate pour yields a one inch fizzy white head that dissipates slowly. Pours a semi-translucent dark red and leaves large, many-pointed swatches of lacing that don't go away.

Smell: In the bottle: sour cherries and acetic sourness. In the glass: oak, some mild Brett, and even milder sour cherry in the background. Lactic sourness comes out quickly. The smell develops heavily minutes after leaving the bottle, and gets nice and deep with warmth. Almost floral. Good, but a bit faint.

Taste: First sip is sour cherry up front with a big, complex and tangy Brett note, a nice hit of sourness and then a soft but full oak note and more Brett. Sour cherry and tartness come back for the long aftertaste. Second sip brings out some surprisingly distinct and prominent Pinot Noir flavor, then more sour cherry and tons of Brett.

It's been awhile since I've had a wild ale this Bretty... I love it. That said, everything here is in balance. There's multiple types of sourness, a decent brown ale occasionally detectable underneath all the barrel treatment, and lots of strong and interesting flavors constantly emerging.

The sour cherry notes are substantial but mild; this isn't sour cherry forward like Red Poppy (which, deliciously, tastes like drinking sour cherries). The fruit notes are integrated like everything else. Even the dominant Brett manifests as distinct, complimentary notes; tangy up front, deep and musty in back. Despite the 7% ABV, there is not a hint of solvent or booziness anywhere in the vast array of flavors in this beer.

Each sip yields exciting and bold flavors up front and in the middle, then a beautiful, oaky mellowing into the tart and Bretty finish and aftertaste. World class stuff.

Mouthfeel: Light side of medium bodied. Perfect carbonation; abundant but just enough to keep the feel soft and creamy. Despite the numerous types of sourness, the feel is never stinging or abrasive. There's a great clarity to the flavor, bolstered by the excellent mouthfeel.

Overall: This beer is a real treat. It's one of those endlessly complex and delicious beers where even when you write too much in your review, you still haven't properly described all the beautiful things going on in the flavor. When you get the chance to drink this beer, take it.

06-17-2011 01:59:40 | More by Pahn
Franch

4.5/5  rDev -1.5%

this is described by RR as "Brown Ale aged in French oak Pinot Noir barrels with three strains of Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, Pediococcus and sour cherries." it was also my first real sour (i.e. not the duchesse or monk's flemish.) i decided this was the place and beer to try it with. i wasn't disappointed. it was really, really good. it's hard for me to evaluate it because of my lack of sour expertise, but i thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to trying other RR sour offerings that i brought back with me from seattle.

06-16-2011 04:48:02 | More by Franch
DaftCaskBC

British Columbia (Canada)

4.78/5  rDev +4.6%

375 ML bottle batch 006X2.

A: Reddish amber with 3/8" soapy white head that dissipated over 2 minutes.

S: Sour cherries and yeast.

T: Starts off like a typical cherry lambic, but is incredibly smooth and dry and leaves very little aftertaste. Very peculiar and interesting, you want to just keep going for more and more in order to try and figure it out...

M: High level of medium carbonation. Wow.

O: I typically don't like sour beers or lambics but I really enjoy this beer. Exceptional.

06-16-2011 02:17:27 | More by DaftCaskBC
dubinsky

4.75/5  rDev +3.9%

Caged and corked 375ml bottle batch 4x1, poured into a tulip.
This bottle has been in my fridge for almost a year now, and i figured that today is as good a day as any. I've had it plenty of times, but i have yet to review it.

A - Beer pours a bright, clear, reddish amber with a tight, bubbly one finger head that quickly recedes leaving some lacing. The head clings to the sides of the glass. Some yeast sediment is floating in the glass, but its not distracting in the least. almost non-existent layer of white head.

S - Aroma is tart and funky. Sour cherries, brett-y funk and some oakiness from the pinot barrels really shine through.

T - Tart and funky, duh! But not so fast. This is an insanely complex beer. Sour cherries provide a mouth puckering sourness, immediately followed by some hay like funk and some subtle oak notes. Very similar dry finish to a nice Pinot Noir wine.

M - Light bodied with moderate carbonation. The finish is dry and mouth puckering.

O - Always a favorite of mine when it comes to sours. Very complex and refreshing. Im so lucky to have this beer available at all times.

06-14-2011 03:56:56 | More by dubinsky
tewaris

4.2/5  rDev -8.1%

7% ABV
27 IBUs
OG 1.064
Brown Ale aged in French oak Pinot Noir barrels with three strains of Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, Pediococcus and sour cherries. 375 ml cork and caged bottle poured into a snifter. Thanks Anand!

Appearance: Rust brown, somewhat hazy, with a very good and creamy light khaki colored head. Excellent retention and lacing. 5/5

Aroma: Sour, obviously. Notes of brett, but not overpowering. Much sweeter than I expected, and very welcome. Earth, spice, and fruit --- quite rustic. Some vinegary sharpness comes along with warmth. 4/5

Taste: Tart and sweet, but never overpoweringly sour. Everything from the aroma is present, and it goes down with a kiss of sour cherries. Amazingly clean with a subtle yet long aftertaste of cherries and funk. Also, oak gets quite strong as the beer warms up. 4/5

Mouthfeel: The body is medium with a certain fullness yielded by the high, and yet soft, carbonation. It's an oxymoron! Very dry and clean. 4.5/5

Overall, very very good, and so refreshing! A testimony to what subtle can be... it is sour but a lot of other things too. I love it. 4.5/5

06-13-2011 08:07:49 | More by tewaris
Tschnab

Batch #005x4

Had at Monk's Cafe, my first ever Russian River sour, I trembled with excitement as my waitress brought it to my table.

A- It pours a dark cherry red, almost ruby, with an active head that sticks around the whole time, though never exceeds more than half an inch. Lacing sticks to the cup all the way.

S- Some barnyard funkiness, but not as much as I would have guessed. Still, the brett is there enough to let me know this is a great sour before I even taste it. Lemon juice, vinegar, sour cherries, oak, and candy all are present.

T- oh man! awesome sour taste here, mouth-puckering but really not overpowering. The barrel-aging is worth it, because earthy, oaky char comes through to balance the acidic sourness. I don't drink much wine, but I detect some wine like characters too. Probably the most complex sour I've had, since sourness is only one feature of the multifacted flavor. Mouthfeel is good too, very carbonated.

O- I have read and read and read about Russian River this, Russian River that. Well, there is a reason people are talking, this might be the best beer I have ever had.

06-13-2011 03:00:48 | More by Tschnab
beergod1

4.2/5  rDev -8.1%

Pours a slight hazy reddish brown into the glass with bright Red highlights. Aromas of tart cherry and dark fruit and oak. Flavor is a burst of intense but smooth sourness delivered nicely with the carbonation with a bit of fruitiness and faint oak. Very soft malt flavors stay on the tongue as it dries out on the finish. Not my "Style" of beer, but starting to intrigue me more and more. Just like 2IPA's did a couple of yrs. ago, now they are 1 of my favorite styles. Maybe sours will be next?

06-13-2011 00:25:47 | More by beergod1
Wisconsuds

Wisconsin

4.15/5  rDev -9.2%

Ah, Supplication. Your 375ml bottle has been sitting in my fridge for quite some time now. No longer will you take up room while my tongue cries for you. A 7% sour barrel-aged 12-15 month brew will finally be imbibed. Batch 005x3 poured into a snifter.

Pours the color of an amber-ruby red, like the mosquito lodged in tree sap in Jurassic Park. ROAR! Bathtub foam bubbles create a 1/2 inch of head, which quickly rescinds. A thin layer sticks around on top for the duration of your drinking session.

Aroma is all sour, brett-y funk, followed by cherries and other yeasty smells I'm not accustomed to coming in contact with. Really punches the olfactory glands. Smells like oak as well.

This extremely sour brown puckers your lips up & assaults your palette with a champagne effervescence and tart cherry combo. A fresh crispness coats the mouth in the finish, which actually becomes bitter after the swallow. This beverage is heavily carbonated, but that's not necessarily a bad thing here. A fizzy sour cherry bomb.

Not my style but highly enjoyable to say the least. Would seek this out again, and continue aging a few to see the effects. Californians - you are lucky. Very, very lucky.

06-12-2011 21:01:49 | More by Wisconsuds
mjtiernan

4.6/5  rDev +0.7%

375ml bottle poured into a Brooklyn tulip

My first RR sour!

A: Pours with a generous 2 finger head. Reddish-pink hue.

S: Cherry candy and funk…although not as funky smelling as I anticipated. The bubbly vapor goes through your nose and hits the back of your throat.

T: The funk is first and foremost. The other flavors are more muted than I expected but the funk makes it extremely sour and tangy. After the initial attack, cherry and mild oak notes follow, but the cherry is not nearly as intense as the scent indicated. I had to aerate this in my mouth quite a bit to bring out the characteristics from the pinot. Alcohol never really present. Finishes very dry.

M: On the thinner side. The brett plays with and enhances the carbonation. I love carbonation and this has it in spades so that’s a big attraction. Astringency detracts from the drinkability somewhat, but not unpleasantly so. Even though the alcohol is low, this isn’t to be consumed in large quantities.

O: Such a cool beer, but to be honest I’m not sure my palette is mature enough to fully appreciate it…but I know what I like! Can’t wait to try more of these varieties.

06-12-2011 04:37:16 | More by mjtiernan
palma

4.8/5  rDev +5%

Batch 06x2.

Shockingly gorgeous burnt amber color. Very surprised as I poured. Red hues almost glowing. very frothy and active white head. Not thick or creamy looking however. More of a bubbly randomness about a half millimeter thick floating atop.

Aroma is funk as expected. barnyard, hay, grass, dark fruit comes through very slightly. some fusal alcohol. Cleaner than expected. thought there would be some more fruit in the aroma.

Taste starts slightly sweet but quickly sours. mouth watering puckerness. Sour cherries, white grapes, lemon rind. Salt. Oak and some very mild nuttiness. You can almost taste a charred wooden barrel if you look for it.
Dry finish keeps calling you back. Savory sourness also contributes to the drinkability. Just an awesome complex flavor to this beer. Excellent.

Probably my favorite beer from russian river. And up there in the top 5 beers of all time for me.

This beer is definately worth the 18 bucks I paid for a small 375 ml bottle.

06-11-2011 05:09:45 | More by palma
angrybabboon

Rhode Island

4.88/5  rDev +6.8%

Cheers to Goblinmunkey7 for half of this bottle

Review adapted from notes taken 12/20/10

Appearance: Hazy amber/copper color with a really nice head - fades to some nice lacing

Smell: Complex - funky, sour, tart, with a hint of cherry - some pale malts in the background - the overall smell is great, and it gets better as it warms

Taste: A thing of beauty - an intense amount of flavor, with so much going on - sour, with different kinds of sour - hints of fruit, hints of somewhat clean barnyard funk, hints of red wine, hints of wood - very tart and sour, but the toasted malts actually add a remarkable level of balance - beyond excellent

Mouthfeel: Medium body, sticks to my lips with funky, sour, delicious tartness - magnificent

Overall: Perhaps the best "ation" from Russian River

This beer is truly excellent, and I think I enjoyed it slightly more than Consecration and Temptation. It was that good. I remember getting this at a BA fest (before I even was interested in sours) and I liked it even then. Someday, I will acquire more bottles!

Update: 6/23/12

Another half a bottle courtesy of Goblinmunkey7. Score unchanged. This is legendary. I want to write love letters to this beer.

06-07-2011 17:23:43 | More by angrybabboon
beerprovedwright

Georgia

4.55/5  rDev -0.4%

While I don't like having to struggle with the cork, it is a minor inconvenience when it comes to drinking this nectar. Pour resulted in a two finger head of foam with just a little sediment. I guess I should have poured it a bit slower. Nice lace that clings well from beginning to end. Color is a slightly hazy 9 on the SRM beer color chart. I think I am the fault of most of the haze. Smell is a rich complex palate of wonderful aromas. Sweet tree fruit smells, pear, apple, and cherry. Tart smells of mint leaf, and anise. Taste is a grand mixture of pleasing flavors of cherry, caramel, grapefruit, sour red grapes, anise, malt, and a hint of wood. Mouthfeel is rich and creamy, much like butter melting in your mouth with zing added for effect. I would like another, but my wallet would scream and so would my head from the rush of alcohol.

06-07-2011 17:03:24 | More by beerprovedwright
nickfl

4.22/5  rDev -7.7%

A - Pours with one finger of light tan head that rests on top of a perfectly clear, amber-brown body with delicate streams of carbonation rising to the surface. The foam settles down to thin layer after a minute or so and leaves moderately thick rings of lace on the walls of the glass.

S - An acidic aroma that is reminiscent of a Flemish red beer. Notes of dry caramel malt and black cherries blend with balsamic vinegar and earthy licorice.

T - Tart pie cherries up front with some lightly sweet caramel. More sour cherry notes in the middle with a deep, earthy funk note beginning to come out. Things finish up with more tart fruit and caramel along with notes of plum, white wine, green olives, and earthy hop flavors but only light bitterness. Lingering wild yeast character along with stone fruit and oak in the aftertaste.

M - Medium body, moderately high carbonation, and a very dry finish.

D - An excellent beer that really show off the potential for non traditional sour beer matured in barrels. Nothing is wasted or excessive here; the cherry contributes a great deal of complexity while the wine barrel aging is a background note that briefly pops out as a distinctive, vinous character in the finish. The sourness and bone dry finish both work to enhance the drinkability of an already very quaffable beer.

06-07-2011 04:27:30 | More by nickfl
schmoopsbeer

4.93/5  rDev +7.9%

Poured from bottle to my RR goblet
Batch 5

Color: A hazy copper color with hints of brown at the core of this beer. A nice nickle sized head forms of the off white color. A good amount of lacing is left behind in the glass.

Nose: Complex and intense! Tart cherries hit first followed by hints off oak and wild yeast funk.
Rounding off the aroma of this beer are apples and a slight vinegar smell.

Palate: An amazing mouth feel. Sour/tart with a great level of carbonation. The cherries coat the tongue and are then washed away by earthy tones and barnyard flavors.

Finish: Wow! Dry and complex. An immaculate beer that offers plenty of texture and surprises. One of the better beers in the world.

06-06-2011 21:55:12 | More by schmoopsbeer
JoshVandy

Indiana

4.38/5  rDev -4.2%

Big thanks to Smarcoly and Tieman for providing me bottles of this. Thanks guys!

375mL corked and caged bottle into a Cigar City snifter.

Batch 006x1

A- Pours a deep ruby red color with about a 1 finger cream colored head that stays for a ridiculous amount of time after the initial pour, never going below about half a finger. Fantastic lacing on this one as well.

S- Strong cherries with a nicely integrated sour funkiness to it that I really enjoy. Wild yeast is definitely present as well, with a nice funky wet hay/barnyard scent, with slight oaky undertones. Very appealing.

T- Great sour and tart cherries up front with that funky wild yeast I come to expect present in spades. The sourness becomes more subtle as it warms, giving way to a little of the oak from the barrels. It's very subtle, but it's there and I love it.

M- Semi-smooth, light, and soft, with decent carbonation. Provides a nice and dry finish that lingers for a while after the last sip.

O- This is my second of the Russian River sours, and this one was more enjoyable than Consecration to me overall. Love the use of the cherries and the nice oak presence as well. A fantastic example of a wild and a great introduction to wilds as well. Very well done.

06-04-2011 06:08:40 | More by JoshVandy
mattkooler

Kansas

4.9/5  rDev +7.2%

A- Brown with a deep reddish hue. Poured with about a two inch head, settles nicely into about a quarter inch head that is quite fluffy. Great head retention. Also quite a bit of lacing on the glass. Quite carbonated when it is poured. Even after a few minutes, can see bubbles traveling up the glass.

Right off the bat, can tell this is a special beer.

S- Smells of cherries with other fruity smells in there. I honestly don't have the greatest sense of smell, however, first smells of cherries, with sharp citrus scents in there as well, with just a hint of an oaky aroma.

T- Tastes mostly of cherries with just a hint of oak. Nice laid back funk to it. A little sour bite to it, however, does not make you pucker. Extremely balanced; almost difficult to discern flavors because everything blends so well....this is definitely a good thing

M- medium mouthfeel; not extremely thick, but not thin by any means. Beer almost sticks to the inside of the mouth and finishes medium dry.

O- One of the best beers I've ever had. For some reason, I expected this to be more challenging to drink, however, compared to other sours this was not extremely sour or extremely funky. The real magic in this beer for me was how all of the flavors of fruit, funk, sour, and oak blended together.

For a sour, drinkability was off the charts. If I had brought back more from Colorado, I would definitely be drinking multiple bottles.

I brought back three of these from Colorado, and now I am really regretting not bringing back more...

06-02-2011 04:16:44 | More by mattkooler
unitmonster

4.85/5  rDev +6.1%

Definitely one of my favorite sours thats readily available.

A: Pours a reddish-gold color with little head. Heavy carbonation can be found after its poured.

S: Sour cherries - WOW! The smells jumps right at you. Possibly some lemon and other citrus fruits in there as well.

T: A fantastic sour balanced with sour cherries and other fruits. The wild yeast they have in here adds a really nice funk to the mix.

M: A little heavy for my taste, but I still love it. I almost need a small glass of water to go with one of these.

O: I love this beer and I hope to get my hands on some older batches of this.

06-02-2011 03:07:27 | More by unitmonster
sdderek

From notes:
On tap 10+ times, bottles a few times.

My favorite sour. Aroma is filled with cherries and apples. Taste is the perfect balance of tartness and sweetness. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a sour. But it's not over the top sour. It's basically the most balanced sour I've ever tasted. This is only one of a few sours that I would completely feel comfortable (and excited) about drinking pint after pint. Seriously, I would drink multiple pints of this in a row! I love this beer!

06-01-2011 04:37:59 | More by sdderek
aasher

Indiana

4.28/5  rDev -6.3%

This bottle was acquired in a recent trade with BrewerB. Thanks Brian! I've been wanting to try this one for awhile. This bottle was Batch 6X1.

This beer pours a rich, brownish amber in color, very reminiscent of cherry wood. It featured a nice cream colored head which laces the glass and sticks to the sides. The aromas consist of primarily sour cherry with a light grape like sweetness. It has a good amount of funk but it's hard to tell which is winning, the cherry or the funk. I'm glad the sweetness is allowed to show past the cherry. The flavors are very sour and dry. You definitely get a boatload of cherry, oak, and nice funk. The tartness is in your face initially before letting the other flavors take place. The most impressive aspect is how the flavor resonates even five minutes later. It leaves behind a really, really nice aftertaste of all of the flavors meshed together in perfect harmony. Overall this is a very, very good wild and I definitely prefer it over Consecration.

06-01-2011 01:15:12 | More by aasher
goosewhisperer

Colorado

4.85/5  rDev +6.1%

Batch 6

a-deep mahogany reddish color. Cork pops with ease, lots of carbonation and lively bubbles meet the glass. Head never gives way, stays about a 1/4" thick. Does not lace much down the glass. Carbonation is not too much, goes well with the beer.

s-cherries, sour, brett, funk, wine barrel, oak. Tons of nose in this beer. Opens up when it warms. The cherries are huge in the beginning, but as it warms, the brett and other bacteria come forward.

t-I tasted this beer when it was cold, then let it sit and warm. Huge difference in how the flavors open up. A lot of sour cherries are supported by brett and wood. The beer has a lot of depth of flavor. At first the beer is really tight, but gets more open as time goes on.

m-right on the money. Has a lot of good feel, lingers on for a while.

o-I bought another one to cellar, and I am damn excited. This beer should do quite well with some time. This is a great example of a wild ale.

05-30-2011 04:22:35 | More by goosewhisperer
pkeigs

Colorado

3.98/5  rDev -12.9%

Batch 6 poured into a Great Divide snifter, I love this beer and have been lucky to be able to drink it around town on tap all summer.

Pours a ruby red brown color with a nice inch of lingering sticky head. Cherries come through on the nose followed by a little brett funk, and red wine oak. Can't wait to dive into this one. Tastes like sour cherry, little wood, little funk, great acidity. Finishes with a lingering tartness, not quite pucker sour but definitely leaves me wanting to take the next sip.

Great beer, stoked to have access to it.

05-28-2011 18:50:04 | More by pkeigs
ColForbinBC

4.7/5  rDev +2.8%

On-tap; Sampled batches 4, 5, & 6 side by side

The beer sits a mahogany infused brownish body. Looks like a pale red wine. No head or lacing to speak of.

The aroma and flavor varied greatly between the three batches.
Batch 4
The nose on this batch was overly tart, in comparison. Oak, cherries, white wine and Brett were all present in equal doses. There was a little sweetness from the cherries, but overall this is a sour delivery vehicle. Oak and white wine are very pronounced.

Batch 5
A little more subdued than 4. The oak wasn't nearly as omnipresent, while the cherries and wine took center stage. The Brett lends an earthy funk that complements the cherries nicely.

Batch 6
It was obvious this was the youngest of the bunch. The flavors and aromas were amazingly tame compared to the other vintages. Fresher and cleaner. Oak is just a layer here, while the cherries and wine shine. The cherries are both tart and sweet. Brett lays low.

Overall, the mouthfeel was somewhat similar, just varying in intensity. The 6 was clean and dry with a mild tartness while the 4 was lip-smacking tart and extremely dry. The 5 was perfectly in the middle of the two.

All three of these batches are fabulous. The 4 was definitely my favorite as it exhibited all of the characteristics you look for in a sour in spades. One of the best beers I have ever had.

05-28-2011 18:05:02 | More by ColForbinBC
uno99

Ontario (Canada)

4.58/5  rDev +0.2%

Thanks to Schmoopsbeer for this long wanted drink.

Batch 006X1. Served at 55 Degrees into two wine bottles. Heavy duty 375ml. Feels heavier empty than it does full. Magic!

A: Pours deep straw, amber and brown. Off-white head literally lasts forever. One of the best looking beers I've ever seen. A spectacle in the glass.

S: Definitely the most barnyardy American brew I've ever had. Wet hay and mushroom are very much present. Fruit is apparent as well with grapes and cherries being a big ingredient. Also suggetions of plum and raisin. Slightly bready malt component. Very complex. The oak is fucking brilliant.

T: Lots of Oak, and barnyard funk. Lingering fruity finish. Prepare to taste this one for about 15 minutes after final swallow.

M: Extremely carbonated. Sipped on this for about 30 minutes or so and was super carbed until the final drop. however, these are fine champagne bubbles, and are soft on the palate. Sure does make you burp though... How uncouth for such a fine beer. Dry? yes... its Sahara desert dry. every cell in your mouth immediately puckers up on contact.

Overall: This is a Magnificent beer. Certainly up there with Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen. I wish I could get a hold of these regularly.

Just noticed I made it all the way though this review without saying "sour"... Its Sour folks!

05-28-2011 03:59:34 | More by uno99