Beatification - Russian River Brewing Company

American Wild Ale |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: hopsaplenty on 01-25-2006

Reviews: 516 | Hads: 2,316

Batch 5, bottled 10JAN12

Upon popping the cork and sticking my nose at the bottle neck, my initial response was to say aloud, while alone, "Why the shit is this not a regular?! Get your shit together Vinnie."

This is a crispy golden beer with a solid, fluffy, white cap and a resilient central emission of carb rises from the bottom. Lemon zest, manure, hay, arugula, horse hair, soil, yogurt and hell yeah emit from the aqueous solution. One of the most tart beers I've tasted, lemon juice, hints of bitterness, mud, weed roots, dandelion - this beer is insane. Medium bodied with higher carb than I'd prefer (easily remedied with the amount of shaking and whiffing I'm doing) and a semi dry, yet mouth watering finish.

This is the best American Wild Ale I've had (sans fruit). Just. Fucking. Outstanding. (810 characters)

Batch #2

Can't thank Troy enough for this extremely generous gift.

Between my new job and our wedding anniversary, today seems like the perfect day to pull this one out of the cellar end enjoy it with the wife.

A faint pop as I remove the cork. The white head is fleeting, leaving a cloudy golden body. Looks like a saison, but with a smaller head.

Apple cider vinegar, tropical fruit brett; a sour, funky aroma.

One of the most complex American beers I have ever tasted. Pineapple, lemon juice, brett, lactic acid, no real oak flavor. Deep fruit notes combine with a complex sourness. Up there with the best Belgian Lambics as far as I'm concerned. Can't put it into words, just fantastic. (695 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +10.8%

Shared a bottle of this with some fellow BAs at Ebenezer's in Lovell, Maine. Great place!

Poured into a wine glass. Clear golden/orange body with a thin white head that fades to a faint ring. Very musty funky aroma. Flavor is of lemon zest, sour apples, very vinous, and acidic. Very astringent finish. Bubbly on the tongue, finishes very dry.

Excellent representation of the style. This may be my absolute favorite American Wild ale. (436 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +10.8%

Thanks to nickd717 for shipping me out some of this. 750 ml bottle batch 003.

Pours a murky straw yellow orangish color. Tons of tiny carbonation bubbles float to the top. The head is white and doesn't have the best retention in the world.

The nose very vinous, with extreme hints of tart and sour apple, white grape juice, wet leather, some musty earthiness. Extremely complex and it evolves as it warms, become more complex and giving off new smells every sip.

This is intense. I've had Russian River before but never been blown away like this. If I could give taste a 6, I'd still want to give it a 7. Sour and tart fruits, mainly apples and grapes, very vinous and acidic. Surprisingly has a sweet side along with the sour, a very nice balance. Musty and funky, but just the right amount. Not overpowering but adds enough to take this to a whole new plain of existence. Seriously the best tasting sour I've ever had.

Mouthfeel is light to medium with a soft floating carbonation, almost fluffy. Finishes a bit dry, but nothing too intense.

Drinkability is amazing. I can't imagine a 750 ml going faster than this one would if I didn't pace myself. This is liquid gold in a bottle. I was thinking about trading my second bottle but I'm now having serious doubts and second thoughts. (1,290 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +10.8%

This is the Batch 001-PH1 version, also held for more than a year.

It pours from 375ml caged and corked bottle a very effervescent clear light gold with a large head of foam that quickly shrinks to about a 1 finger head but doesn't shrink much more than that.

The smell is sour dominated but I also get notes of citrus, yeast, and some malt. Dang. I could smell this one for almost forever but on to the tasting...

The taste, like the nose, is dominated by this wonderful sourness that completely has my palate at attention and craving for more. More sips in and it starts to get more complex. Huge funk to be found here along with a healthy malt presence in the background and some very tasty pepper, coriander, and more spices than I can identify and the fruity flavours of orange, apricot, and peach make my mouth pucker a bit but damn they are tasty. Also, the second pour gives me some sediment to give it a cloudy and more orange appearance(why would I leave the fine sediment in the bottle as the label suggests????) and the foam "talks" to me not unlike a bowl of Rice Krispies.;^)

It has a medium mouthfeel to it and the carbonation is also medium inspite of what I saw in the initial pour. It finishes sour and leaves a nice long tasty aftertaste. Man, am I wild about RR American Wild Ales and to me, this one goes just a bit over the top compared to the non PH1 sample. I'm *really* digging this beer and boy, I get this all in a 5.5%abv brew...The drinkability just shoots through the roof!!

Bottom line: This may be my favourite offering from RR to date and I've had a fair sampling...all were, imho, outstanding. I still say RR may be the best brewery in America. Beatification is another brew that does them proud! Highly highly recommended!! (1,763 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +10.8%

A big thanks to tangfoot for trading me this bottle.

I had something else in mind for my 200th review but it is warm today and my palate is asking for a break from all the double/imperial/barrel-aged strong ales I've been drinking so I decided to pop this beer instead.

This is from Batch 001.

Big pop once I was able to take the cork out. I'm glad this one is not a gusher like the Temptation I had not too long ago.

Pours a bright golden color with a touch of apple juice color. About an inch of foam quickly forms as this beer seems to be very effervescent, but it settles rather fast and leaves a white ring behind.

Wow, the aroma is incredible. Tart cherries, apples, vinegar, pears, acidic strawberry, just a great combination of sour and tart fruits. It also has some vinous and faint oak aromas in the background. This beer made my mouth water. The funkiness is still there but it blends really well with the fruity aromas. Later on I pick up some orange, tangerine, and I believe the cherry becomes more pronounced. The pale malt is trying to peek through with some sweetness and hints of toast and caramel but it's easily overpowered by the vibrant and tart fruitiness.

First taste is of some tart fruits and vinegar with a funky/brett finish and the pale malt also comes through in the finish. I'm starting to pick out the apples/apple skins, pears, strawberry, cherries and raspberries. The beer has a wonderful acidity level and at times I feel like I'm biting into a really sour green apple...yum! As it warms up the wood notes become more apparent and linger for a little bit in the finish.

The mouth-feel is light since it's only a 5.5% blond ale but it's still madly carbonated and goes well with the acidity. The carbonation is still aggressive on the tongue but surprisingly it finishes rather clean and almost velvety in the end. Sadly, this beer drinks rather fast since it's flavorful, refreshing and light...oh how I crave more beers like this!
The finish is also dry but not an excessive dryness, just enough to make you want to take another sip soon.

And now I'm sad cause it's gone. Looking forward to the next batch coming in soon! (2,169 characters)

4.91/5  rDev +10.6%

Batch PH1

Appearance - 375 ml bottle of the PH1 graciously traded to me by bennetj17. The bottle opens with the kind of energetic pop normally reserved for champagne. As I pour Beatification into a wine glass it only makes a small effort to inflate a choppy head, but quickly loses interest and lets it fall. The La Folie barrel has contributed some red/amber tones to the pale base beer. The first pour has just a hint of haze whereas the second pour in nearly opaque from the sediment.

Smell - At first there is a rush of lambic-like acidity, but it almost immediately dissipates into lavender and perfume. As the beer warms the vanilla laden oak appears and a hint of vinegar emerges. So good I kept smelling the empty glass even after the beer was gone.

Taste - The acidity is beautiful, soft like fresh squeezed lemons. There are a multitude of flavors ranging from dried flowers to toasted oak to the occasional sour cherry. The sourness strikes a perfect balance with the other components, it complements without being overbearing or lasting.

Alcohol? Hops? Malt? Who needs them! This is just acids, esters and funk.

Mouthfeel - Despite being such a small and dry beer the sharp carbonation and tartness cover up its slender body.

Drinkability & Notes - Its amazing what 2 years in a La Folie barrel have done to Redemption. A beer unlike any other, closest to a gueuze that isn't completely obscured by sourness. Another masterpiece from one of the great brewing artists; God how I wish I had a case of these to nurse for the next 10 years...

Batch 002 (Spontaneous)

Appearance - Perfectly clear golden-yellow. Thin white head with decent retention for a sour beer. The second pour brings some haze from the yeast sediment.

Smell - An amazingly distinct grapefruit aroma, there is some apricot, and pineapple as well. Some acidity, but it is not sharp or acetic.

Taste - Very citrusy (citric acid?), different than any sourness I have tasted in a beer. Vinnie has said that his large Kloeckera apiculata flora is responsible for this character. There is some rougher Brett/Gueuze like funk, but it is mostly hidden behind the fruitiness. Very little oak character due to the used barrels, just a pure expression of the RR house funk.

Mouthfeel - The lingering coating acidity dominates the mouthfeel. The body is not as thin or highly carbonated as a Gueuze, but it is still thin and spritzy.

Drinkability & Notes - It's been awhile since I wrote a review, but figured this one was worth it. It isn't as good as the first batch, it lacks the same drinkability and complexity, but it is still one of the most distinct and interesting American sour ales out there. Thanks to Dyan for the bottle. (2,716 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +10.4%

Bottle poured into a tasting glass. Batch 003. I believe thanks go out to Andrew for sharing this with us! Been a longtime want on my list.

(A)- Pours a hazy pale yellow straw color that produced a white head that dissipated after awhile. (4.5)

(S)- Dry, with an earthy hay/clay background. Some really nice tart citrus fruits. Hints of a dry, clean cheesy lactic acidity. (4.5)

(T)- Rather sour with the same nice fruits. Rather earthy like the smell with hay funk and some clay. Crisp. I really like the subtle oak woodiness that mingles in the background on this. (5.0)

(M)- A great carbonation level and balance. So smooth, yet so crisp and sour. Complex to a point, but just delivers on mouthfeel in a harmonious way. (5.0)

(D)- Just a beautiful beer. Balanced with everything in the right place. Could not ask for anything better in the style. (5.0)

(original review: A+ / 4.8)
___
**Updated Review**
750mL corked and caged bottle poured into a stemmed glass. Batch 003

(A)- Pours a beautiful clear golden yellow/orange color that produced a good white fluffy head that stuck around for awhile. Plenty of lacing left behind. A sweet looking color.

(S)- A wonderfully dry funky earth with some acidic and tart lemon rind. Its actually kind of simple, but is just such a sexy smell that I could enjoy its aroma all day.

(T)- Same as the smell. A wonderfully dry earthy funk with a mouthpuckering lemon rind and white grape sourness. Again, simple, but so dynamic and sexy in my opinion that it deserves the top mark.

(M)- A great carbonation level and balance. A massive acidic sourness, but an assertive dry earthy fruit funk to back it up. It really reminds me of a superb Gueuze.

(D)- Just a wonderfully sexy wild ale! A great feel, smell, and taste. It really is just about perfect. The sourness is quite potent however; just enough to not get a perfect in drinkability.
This having been my second time trying it, I really do think it deserves the updated score I am giving it. Rareness and demand aside, this is really world class in every way. Makes me want to try some of the older batches to compare with this, but I doubt that will ever happen. Russian River needs to release a new batch of this asap! (2,229 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +10.1%

A - Pours a hazy golden-yellow color with a finger of frothy white head atop. The head fades down at a normal pace leaving behind some nice lacing.

S - Aroma is full of barnyard funk with sour peach and pear and other light fruits. There is also some lemon peel and other citrus flavors with some oak.

T - Starts off with lots of sourness and funk with some pear and other tart light fruits and lots of farmhouse flavors. Through the middle, some more funky flavors comes through with some Brett and other wild yeast flavors and some oak. The finish is a mix of funky wild yeast flavors with lots of farmhouse flavors, strong sourness, oak, and some lemon peel.

M - Medium bodied with moderate-plus carbonation. Feels smooth with a sour and funky finish.

D - Very drinkable. The sourness and funky flavors are so strong, but at the same time the beer feels very balanced. I really like the wild yeast flavors. (913 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +10.1%

750 ml bottle sharred with 4 other BA's, I forgot who brought this but a huge thanks to whoever you are.

Batch 3

A- Really clear, golden straw color, nice carbonation coming off the bottom, no head, or lacing.
S- Really nice aroma, sweet and sour at the same time, big fruity notes, lemon zest, sour apple, peach, awesome aroma, I cannot wait to try this.
T- Wow amazing, very sour and puckering but sweet at the same time, apricot, peach, vinegar, sour apple, grape skin, lemon, absolutley delicious.
M- Medium mouth feel, decent carbonation, fizzy, dry finish.
O- Amazing beer, very impressed, love the acidity, vinegar, sour apple, easy drinkability, puckering, one of if not the best sour I have ever had. (711 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +10.1%

I shared this at my tasting on August 7, 2010. Served alongside six other Russian River wild ales.

Batch 003

A: Beatification appears a very hazy yellow hue. There is a small head comprised of white bubbles that leaves a little lacing on the glass.

S: The aroma is simply amazing. I was expecting great things, and was not disappointed. Sour funk, lemons, hay, and brettanomyces are the basic makeup of the scents.

T: Not surprisingly, Beatification tastes phenomenal, as the fine aroma would indicate. Really tart, this is almost like a lemon gueuze. The aroma is staggering as you get the glass near your face, then the flavor is just awesome. The taste was an instant 5. World class.

M: As sour as this beer is, there is no harshness or astringent aspects to it. A pleasant pucker and lingering aftertaste with every drink.

D: I would drink this every day if it were feasible. Wow. (891 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Bottle of Batch 2

A - Golden color with minimal head, no sediment, a some carbonation. A small head forms, and dissipates quickly to leave nothing behind.

S - All sour and funk. Almost like a white wine, there is a smell of grapes and green apples.

T - Lots of sourness, with a ton of flavors. Lemons, grapefruit, grapes, apples, and oak. Wish this was a bigger bottle, as 4oz was just not enough to really appreciate it.

M - Carbed well, lighter body. Just feels right for the style. Finishes with a dry sourness that lingers for a bit. Well done.

O - Batch 3 was my favorite beer of all time, and now this one has taken that over. This is a beer that could age forever, and just get better. Can't wait to open another. (727 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.7%

Big thanks to DRINKNDRIVE for this 375ml bottle. I opened this one very carefully over the sink and there was no explosion like I experienced with Supplication. The first sniff from the bottle is sour juiciness. The color is white-yellow with some sudsy bubbles. More sour juicy smell with a hint of musty funky acrid sweat. Dusty basement smells also. Brutal yet beautifully sour taste like lemonheads candy. Citrus lemon is mostly what I taste in addition to the sourness and some acidity. Overall, this is really awesome if you like sours. This also has more funkiness to it than the supplication I had a couple days ago. I thought the supplication was better.

update 02/28/09 batch 002

really reminds me of gueuze, cheesy, funky aroma, puckering lemon juice sourness that contorts my face! Excellent beer and has aged well over the last year or so since release.

update 03/21/09

batch 003

Smells quite gueuzy with just a whiff of funk at first that seems to grow as it really warms. Not nearly as sour as batch 002 but still juicy and has a bit of sourness to it and the promised hint of grapefruit. Really easy to drink, smooth and delicious but a little subdued compared to the previous batch. I hope to buy more "sonambics" from this brewery. (1,254 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +9.7%

BrewerDan23 shared his bottle with a dew of us at a tasting...thanks again Dan, extremely appreciated! Poured from a cork and caged 750ml bottle into my tasting snifter. Pours a hazy golden color, with a small frothy white head. Head dissipates pretty quick. So far...looks great!

Aroma is perfect! If you love sours as much as me, this one makes your mouth water. So much sharp tartness in the aroma. The funkiness associated with sours(Brett) is a nice characteristic...with lots of lemon zest and oak.

Flavor is just like the aroma...perfect. This turned out to be my favorite/biggest surprise beer of the night(which had beers like Black Tuesday and Duck Duck Gooze to compete with). I expected this beer to be delightful, but didn't expect it to rock my world! The sourness/tartness is incredible. Loads of the sharp tart, oak, funkiness. Finishes only slightly dry. Light and crisp mouthfeel. High carbonation. What a fantastic sour!! (942 characters)

4.86/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Batch 003

Tried at a bottle share. Thank you to the anonymous beer advocate who brought this!

This pours a champagne orange-golden, with an incredibly bright white cap of foam.

The aroma is unmistakably tart, with a lemony-orange hop character. Dry and peppery, with a tart sourness that pops on the palate. Incredible. (323 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

I had previously sampled Beatification at the RR Brewpub in October of 2005, straight from the barrel and again in January of this year at a RR dinner at Monk's Cafe but this is my first review of this fine beer from the bottle.

Batch 001 (PH1) is waiting patiently in my cellar.

The beer poured a nice brilliant hazy straw color with a bit of a white head that didn't last very long and gave way to a good ring around the glass and strong lacing. The aroma of the beer definitely had the characterstics of where it was aged, in an oak barrel, but it was not overpowering. Notes of cherry and other fruit. The taste was very impressive, tart and acidic and a bit of funkiness but not overbearing, just perfectly complimenting each other. The taste lingered in the mouth for awhile and did have a bit of a dry champagne burn to it which I like in a beer. There is a lingering sweetness to this beer that is very pleasant and I just can't get enough of.

It would be interesting to taste this along side Redemption which is where this started and also with the PH1 to test the subtle differences in each. Vinnie and Natalie hit this one out of the park as they do with so many of their beers. A real winner, too bad there is not much of this out there. (1,259 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

PH1 acquired directly at the brewery about a year and a half ago. Aged at 45F ever since. Pours clean and simple with a nice thick head that dissipates quickly. Nice tight carbonation. Sour and brett up in the front of the tongue, super clean finish at the end. Very wonderfully complex, low alcohol and drinkable. 10/10 on the belgian "digestability scale". Outstanding. (371 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

I shared my batch 2 next to Oreo's batch 3 at our EPIC sour tasting...

The batch 2 was my top want, so thanks to titosupertramp!

This is amazing. The batch 2 is less carbonated, but the same color. Batch 3 has a small white head.

The smells are similar. 3 is funky, but not as dry as 2. The lemony am lactic sour is more prominent in 3, but still in 2.

The tastes are both excellent... They both follow the noses-- 2 is dry and funky with a great balance and 3 is super lactic and tart with a good funkiness hiding underneath.

The body on 2 is less carbonated than 3, but they're both fantastic-- medium body with a good bite.

This is my top sour. Either batch. I would drink these constantly. This is easily one of the top sours in the world. (749 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

A bottle from Batch 002 opened up by Bobby yesterday during our tasting (you can never have too many Russian River wild ales).

A: A disappointingly quiet popping of the cork on this bottle. Despite that, the beer seems to still be fairly well carbonated. The pour itself is a hazy light golden color with a thin white head.

S: The nose is still very, very acidic. The lemony, lactic tartness is really the star of the show with some white grapes and green apple notes as well. There's really not much in the way of funk, but that's not really a problem for me.

T: The flavor picks up where the nose leaves off with a really intense lemon sourness. There are some flavors of green apple and white grape as the nose would indicate, but this bottle is not quite as puckering as others I've had.

M: The level of carbonation is just about perfect, with great effervescence really allowing the acid to really come through. The finish is very sour and dry, as you would expect.

D: I've always been a huge fan of the intense sourness that Beatification has, and this is no exception. I always enjoy the opportunity to open up a bottle. (1,132 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

750ml bottle caged and corked. Poured into a tasting glass a couple of times :)

A- Pours a hazy golden color. A thin white head. Some light subtle lacing left behind. It's kind of bubbly.

A- Big bretty funky goodness right up front and in charge. There is a oak presence and slight hint of lemon. Sour and funky. A sharp chardonnay scent creeps up on me.

T- Perfect, hands down! The funky brett and sourness is absolutely amazing. Again, as in the nose, I pick up on lemon, chardonnay, oak, some more funk, a little more sourness and a little more funk. There is also some sour apple taste that I'm really enjoying. Did I mention I LOVE this beer.

M- Medium in body. A crisp dry finish. Carbonation was spot on. Leaves a lingering tartness. Again, I can't think of anything to say bad about this beer.

D- PERFECT! My favorite out of all the sours we consumed. One of my favorite beers to date! (900 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

Batch 2. Pours a completely opaque goldenrod color into a tulip glass. Half a finger of head forms but dissolves into a ring quickly due to the acidity.

Aroma is so sour I almost shudder after whiffing. Acetic but with a faint candied sweetness just barely detectable. Maybe that's all I can smell anymore after having my nose hairs singed off with tart funk.

First sip aaaand... WOW that is sour. My eye literally twitched after swallowing. The sourness tastes like grapefruit rind soaked in lemon juice. Easily sourer than any gueuze I've had. Also a lot of wood here for added complexity. Wood and rind linger on the palate and lips for what seems like hours.

Same perfect mouthfeel I've come to expect from RR. Carbonation is exceptional, finish is long yet dry, and drinkability is through the roof for a sour beer lover, like me. (838 characters)

Batch 2

A: I poured the entire 375 bottle carefully into an oversized wine glass, making sure to leave all the yeast and sediment behind. Beatification had an amazing orange, golden apricot color. High clarity, leaving a minimal ring of white foam on the surface of the beer. Bright and beautiful appearance.

S:Lots of good ol funk in the nose: goaty, cheesy, tart, lemon. So much complexity. Just an amazing smell for a wild ale.

T:Starts of tart, acidic, lots of clean lemon, sour citrus, with the faintests hints of oak, especially as the beer warmed up to room temp. I couldn't imagine this beer getting any better.

M: Smooth, clean, soft carbonation and a dry finish. I would have liked a touch more carbonation, but at this point I am just looking for something to complain about.

D:This batch is ridiculously good. So clean and tart. I have had both batch 2 and 3 a few times, and I have to say batch 2 maybe a little more tart than batch 3. Although any version of this beer is simply outstanding. (1,010 characters)

Batch 002

Pours a hazy golden with a white head that settles to a thin cover.

Nose has tart citrus, tropical fruits, manure, horse blanket, oak and white wine.

Taste has bready caramel malts, sweet fruits, barnyard funk, sour yeast, chardonnay and oak.

Medium boby is delicately carbonated. Nice dry finish. Another very impressive sour from Russian River. (360 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

While I'd normally take obsessive notes to "properly" review this beer few tasting notes would do this brew any justice. This is quite simply the greatest beer I've ever tasted. The lenghth and breadth of flavor are intense ranging from cheesy to yeasty to oaky notes with hints of citrus fruits and spice throughout. Forgive the wine analogy but it's like Salon, Krug Clos de Mesnil, and a Flemish sour ale got freaky together and this is their love child. It displays all of the strengths of their parents without any of the detractions. It has the cleansing sourness of the Flemish ale, the cheesiness of Salon and the nuttyness of Krug all harmoiniusly balanced within its beery goodness. The only problem is that the bottle at 375ml is too small for a second serving. For a first batch (was there a test?) this is a resounding success. Bravo Russian River for an extremely amazing brew.
edit:This was batch 001 (can't wait for more!!) (939 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

Batch 3 consumed 4-30-11, Thanks to the ever generous darklordlager.

I am going to break from my usual review format for this unusual beer.

The aroma hits very sour with a healthy dose of strong funk, it is really a lot to take in, but given some time you can peel back the layers and start to pick out some grapefruit and some very light grain. I was getting a little bit of vinegar quality, but it was overwhelmingly lactic with that dirty sour that I find to have a little more depth. The flavor is much the same, but the acidity steps up a notch again. I found it to be less fruity than Belgian examples I have had, but there was still a little grapefruit. Again, primarily I was getting dirty musty funk and really very sharp acids. The longer I sipped the deeper it got, I started to get more summery fruits and the finish even got slightly peppery. The feel was so acidic little cuts on my lip started to sting, very dry and very carbonated. I want to be careful about comparing this beer to Lambic, but the similarities are there and voiced by the brewer, and it really does live up. Given the opportunity I would pick this over several imported varieties.

I think the beauty of this beer is really in the details. Tasting a Lambic style beer known to be fermented and conditioned with yeast and bacteria native to a region other than the Senne valley that is so complex and delicious is inspiring. The impact of this beer is an illustration that although a true Lambic cannot be produced elsewhere, a complex, balanced, and truly interesting top shelf product can be made in other regions, and shows the true potential of the American Wild movement. I believe that an increased interest in this beer could be a key contributor to the increased legitimacy of beer as a gourmet product. Nice work Russian River, keep doing more of the same. (1,852 characters)

Beatification from Russian River Brewing Company