Beatification - Russian River Brewing Company

American Wild Ale |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: hopsaplenty on 01-25-2006

Reviews: 516 | Hads: 2,310
4.8/5  rDev +8.1%

Batch 3, consumed 2/11/11 (review from notes)

Chilled and poured into a tulip

A - Golden honey color. A little cloudy, with very visible carbonation. Tight white head that hung around and provided nice lacing.

S - Bring the funk! Horse blanket, hay, very funky, a touch of sulphur. Very inviting. Light and clean.

T - Fantastic. Sweet funk quickly leads to a puckering lemon sourness. It attacks the back sid of your tongue and washes all over your mouth. Very exciting to taste this beer, it totally shocks your whole mouth. Musty, dank funkiness. A touch of sulphur comes through in the taste as well, but works well with all the other things going on.

M - Medium body, very nice, tight carbonation. The finish is dry and crisp. Leaves you wanting to take another sip.

D - Man on man, why didn't I buy more of this? Easily one of the best wild ales I've ever had. Just fantastic. I can't wait for another batch! (919 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +8.1%

Sampled from a 333ml bottle in a chalice. Bottled on 011012.

A - Gold with a slight haze. A small head of large bubbles that dissipates quickly. But a slow steady stream of rising bubbles remains for some time after.

S - A nice mix of funk and sour fruit. Just enough to hint at what's to come.

T - This beer packs a very intense sour bite! There's a nice fruitiness (green apple in particular) too and a perceived sweetness though it's actually pretty dry.

M - Moderate consistency with a low to moderate carbonation.

O - A fantastic sour! But then again, I wouldn't expect anything else from Russian River. (613 characters)

Batch 001

A: Fizzy carbonation that I'll let chill a bit before taking a sip. The blue tinted white head has reduced to a healthy ring and wispy top. The color of the body is truly breathtaking...A vibrant dark golden hue. No visible sediment but damned if you are going to see thru this beer. Walking the line between raw and hand crafted.

S: Lemon, oak, yeast, wet hay, sourdough bread and a quite a few other aromas that most brewers try to avoid.

T: Oh my...oh my goodness. The pungent sourness is immediate and apparent. This much I expected. The exotic yeasts then lend their buttery goodness and transform the beer from a standard sour to so much more. I expected this as well but not too the level at which its achieved. An ameretto flavor pops up and displays a nutty personality that took me by surprise. From there the beer moves towards a dryer tone with the sourness and sweetness balancing then waining and the buttery brett holding strong across the palate.

M: Full bodied but a smooth but somewhat prickly carbonation.

D: These friggin guys, I swear. Where do they get off making beer like this? Who the hell do they think they are?

I think they are the best brewers in the world, but thats just me. Simply staggering. (1,254 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Single finger fizzy white head on a slightly hazy pale golden body. Aroma of Chardonnay, white grapes, lemon zest, funk, tropical fruit and nicely forbodes the level of tartness the taste has in store. The first sip has the salivary glands contracting and it's so tart initially it is almost bad but it's just enough to be perfect. As you get used to it the flavors pop with lemon, white wine, fruits, Chardonnay and Granny Smith sour apples. Oak is light. It's only knock for me is it lacks a little complexity likely because it is so tart the other flavors are lost. Crisp, light body with the sourness drying you out quite a bit. Another great sour from RR. Lives up to the hype and beyond. (693 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +8.1%

A : Pours a hazy golden color with very little head

S : Funkness, tartness, and not much else

T : This is just pure funkyness and tartness. Those just so overwhelmed me that I did not really pick up any flavors. Nothing wrong with that in this case, it was awesome

M : Light, crisp, and dry

D : I'm ready to pucker up and have another. This is a great example of how you can take the tartness and funkyness to the extreme. (426 characters)

4.81/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Golden pour with a white foamy head. Funky lemon aroma. Sour Granny Smith apples, grapefruit, and lemon (more lemon than previous batches). Lively carbonation. Tart, but not unbearable and very drinkable.

As far as a non fruited sour Beatification is about as good as it gets. Not a sour for those who are just venturing into the world of sour ales. (350 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.6%

4-17-08: Batch 001-PH1. Finally getting to crack my PH1 bottle on a beautiful sunny day. Pours into my glass a lightly hazy honey amber orange with a thick two finger head of creamy bubbles. Aromas bring a mix of citrus, honey and crisp malts bathed in a Brett laden veil. Musty, sharp vinegar and acidic tones alongside woody aspects. Extremely complex and intriguing. Simply awesome.

First sip brings a crisp, sharp malt upfront along with swirling citrus, lemon zest and honey flavors. Mouth puckering sour midway that brings with it a dense array of Brett nuances. Old wood, acidic vinegar, hay, musty funkiness. I get a slight grape aspect as well. The tart and sour aspects are more pronounced that the regular 001. It flows down quite dry overall. An amazing sensory experience in a glass.

Mouthfeel is crisp with punchy carbonation that carries the beer down with a solid effervescence. A great sipper on my porch at the end of a beautiful spring day. One of my all time favorite beers hands down.

7-13-07: Batch 001. Pours into my tulip glass a clear amber orange with a good inch of bubbly white head and lots of big bubbles rising up to the top. Aromas burst out of the glass with light citrus aromas bathed in brett funkiness. Musty, horse blanket, acetic farmhouse aromas alongside woody and honey scents as well. Has a really bright, vibrant character to it. Wow. This is just wonderful.

First sip brings a rush of tart and sour and a nice base malt. Light citrus flavors, lemon rind and honey mingle in the funkiness of the brew. There's a nice woody dryness with each sip along with a fairly sharp acidic bite. Finishes with a lingering tart funkiness, rather dry. I may be imagining it but I get a bit of a green olive aftertaste with each sip. This is simply an amazing sour, wild ale.

Mouthfeel is on the lighter side with a lively, light carbonation that rushes across the palate with each sip. Really makes drinking this brew enjoyable. I wish this came in a 750ml bottle as I could easily and throughly enjoy the whole bottle myself. Beatification ranks with the best Russian River brews I've had and to be honest the best brews I've had overall. Cheers to Vinnie, Peter at NB and everyone else at RR that made this brew possible. Quite an achievement! (2,280 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.6%

A pretty near perfect score here as I can confidently say that I've never had a better sour - wild ale. That being said, I've never had a Cantillon anything or Cable Car so when that happens, I'll come back and revise my statement if necessary.

Batch 5 - Bottled 1/10/12

A - The most sunshine vibrant yellowish orange I may have ever seen, minimally somewhat cloudy in the 10oz wine glass I poured it in. Sunshine in a glass. Similar color to the bottle's label but much more BEAutifil. Active, begging for a whiff. Would get a perfect 5 with good head & retention...

S - Complexities really begin to come through as it warms - especially that barnyard funk. Citrus included oranges and lemons, some pineapple and this beer smells nice and tart. Very welcoming. I'm on the fence with a lot of sours but I knew I was going to really enjoy this one at first smell.

T&M - Follows nose. I am amazed at how freaking refreshing and crisp this beer is. At only 6% it's still a nice sipper on a warm sunny day. Clean crisp bone dry finish, I mean...even if your not a fan of the style, you usually can still tell when you're drinking a high quality specimen which Beatification most definately is. Pretty blown away I must say.

O - Usually, I don't find myself wanting much more than 10-12oz of most sours but I could have sapped back on 3 of these easily. SO refreshing, SO crisp, SO clean, and such a nice bone drying finish that kept me wanting more. I'm told and assuming age will make this beer better as it usually does this style, but I really couldn't imagine where it could have improved or how it could have been better. Admittedly, I'm not new to the style but new to appreciating it and finally feeling confident in my ability to critique or review sours properly. Great freaking stuff! (1,795 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.6%

Big thanks to Nanobrew and FosterJM for this one!

A: Slight pop when the cork came off. Pours a hazy golden orange with a nice white, fizzy head on top. Pretty good retention with sporadic lacing that doesn't last too long.

S: Fantastic tartness. Some peach, lemon, apricot, and white grapes. Nice citrus fruits and some nice barnyard funk that blends nicely with the fruit/tartness.

T: Has a very gueuze like flavor, lots of tart lemon and some apricot. Underneath there is some tart green apple and more white grapes. Very mouth puckering and it is amazing.

M: Medium bodied, great level of carbonation. Very tart/acidic, but I am really liking it.

O: Simply put, amazing. One of the best beers I have ever had hands down. Great flavor and extremely tart. (766 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.6%

A - A hazy light gold beer. I'm surprised by the lack of head, as very little white fluff formed upon pouring, and what did form quickly disappeared.

S - Strong earth funkiness that complements some mild wood scent. Underneath is some apple and pear and lemon scent that really work with, but do not overpower, the earth funk, which is clearly the highlight.

T - Up front is the leather/dirt provided by the brett. The sheer strength of funk here makes me pucker a bit. As the first wave of flavor passes through, it opens up to strong notes of citrus and lemon. The sourness of the lemon carries through until the finish, where sour apples come in and transition from citrus sourness to sweet sourness.

M - Light bodied and very light carbonation on this one, which gives the beer a certain smoothness lacking from other examples in the style. It can get away with the light carbonation because the strength of the flavors prevent any risk of wateriness. Sour and dry on the finish.

D - Possibly the most drinkable beer I've ever had. The light body, coupled with the 5.5 % ABV and alluring flavor make this an easy one to enjoy in large quantities...if only I had enough to session with. (1,196 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.6%

Reviewing Beatification from the Russian River Brewing Company. A big thanks to Matt for hooking me up with this one!

Score: 98

Batch 5. Bottled on 01/10/12, served in a Hill Farmstead stemmed snifter and enjoyed on 010/19/12.

Appearance: Pours a nice mimosa-orange color that is on the opaque side of transparent with a half finger of fizzy white head that settles to a pencil thin ring around the glass that ultimately settles completely. Okay lacing, but not a whole lot of retention. 4/5

Smell: Very tart lemon juice hits upfront. Then there is a nice medley of sweet cole slaw vinegar, white grapes, oranges, granny-smith apples, sour peaches, "lacto-ey yogurt and brett" and a hint of oak. There is a very faint band-aid funkiness, but it's quite subtle. 4.75/5

Taste: Whoa! Tons of pucker-inducing tart lemon juice upfront, with more funkiness on the back half than the nose nose led on -- but it's really well incorporated into a sweet citrusy mix of flavors so it never overwhelms and merely complements the flavors of the beer. Tart white grapes, tangerines and sweet vinegar on the midpalate, with granny-smith apples towards the finish. "Lacto-ey yogurt," lemon and a hint of banana round off the finish and linger well past the swallow. Very gueuze-esque in flavor. Different than, but just as good as, Consecration in my opinion. 5/5

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation that really accents the zesty tartness of the beer on the center of the tongue. Dry finish, but juicy on the palate. Has a decent amount of pucker. 5/5

Overall: Another outstanding, world class sour from Russian River. This one lives up to its hype, but for its difficulty to acquire, I probably prefer an in-season Consecration.

Recommendation: Seek this one out -- it is truly world class.

Pairings: Monterrey jack cheese wedges and sociables.

Cost: $15 for a 375ml bottle. (1,894 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +8.6%

Batch PH1, 375ml bottle, shared with a few fellow BAs at Toronado last night.

Pours a beautifully crystal clear pale amber, a couple shades darker than later batches of Beatification. The head crackles away almost instantly in a champagne-like fashion. The nose is rather acetic with a surprising amount of sour fruit character (strawberries came to mind). Very Rodenbach-like, minus any sweetness. It's similar on the tongue, with much more acetic acid than the other batches, very Flemish, very sour and puckering. Big tropical fruit flavors. Crisp dry mouthfeel, light-bodied, highly carbonated. Nearly a perfect sour in my opinion. The acetic character isn't something I'm always fond of, but it works beautifully here. (724 characters)

On-tap at O'Brien's,

A: Pours a lightly hazy dark yellow with a mild white head.

S: Sour apples, light malt, similar to a gueuze, light funk to it.

T: Just a beautiful beer. Light fermented fruit plays with the acidity in a complex, great mix. Almost a champagne quality to it, reminded me a lot of Cantillon with the high acidity. If I tasted this blind I would have thought it a Belgian gueuze, no doubt about it.

M: Very sour, not as dry as I thought it would be, it has a light sweetness that carries it through. What I want in a mouthfeel for a wild ale.

D: This is really good. Had to almost chug my first one since I had to order 3 beers at a time and couldn't carry them all. The second time around I got to really get into the beer. This is my first time having this one, and it shows Vinnie really knows what he's doing. This with Supplication are my favourite RR sours. Edit 2/2010 - I just had some batch 2 of this that may be the best beer I've ever had, the complexity and flavour is incredible and delicious. (1,028 characters)

4.83/5  rDev +8.8%

Yellow and orange appearance, looks darker than pte, almost appearance wise is more akin to a typical dipa moreso than a wild ale. Real good looking head, this is the best looking wild ale I may have ever seen, just pristine.

Really massive sour notes, dry, earthy and extremely citrusy (and not just lemon).

Taste, wow, immediately reminds me why this is my favorite of the Russian -tion beers. And then it makes me pontificate whether I like this more than framboise for a cure or pty. Yup, that good. Body is light, taste, sour power is heavy. Keeps the brett aspect down, lets the other germs dominate. Never approaches anything that could be considered vinegar-esque. Oak notes are mild. Its all about orange type citrus notes, dry and earthy hyper drive sour. (768 characters)

4.83/5  rDev +8.8%

Had this one during the 'We Want The Funk!' tasting that was graciously hosted by beermeX2! Big thanks goes out to beermeX2 for sharing this one with the group! Batch 003! I have been lucky as of late to knock out quite a few of my brews needed for my Russian River -tion Quest and this one is NO exception! Served from bottle into a Mikkeller flute. Poured golden yellow with a one finger white head that subsided to a minimal amount slowly. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, sour, tart, and funk. The flavor was of sweet malt, fruit, sour, tart, funk, and wood. It had a light feel on the palate with high carbonation. Overall this brew was nothing short of excellent in all aspects! This one was a standout from the tasting that night for just about all of the participants. The flavor on this one was otherworldly sour and definitely brought the duck-face HARD! Even from the aroma you would get a partial duck-face going. Definitely well rounded in flavor though as the fruit and woodiness added a nice touch to keep your palate guessing rather than just drop-kicking it with sour and tart notes. Really really well done... Hope to try some older batches in the future for comparison (hint hint traders...) (1,263 characters)

look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

2012 Vintage

A: Deep yellow, excellent clarity with beautiful pinpoint carbonation. As appetizing as a beer can look!

S: Damp cotton, lemon candies, wet leaves, lactic twang. Smells very familiar as a Gueuze, but there's something unique about the profile. Perfect.

T: Lemons at first, then a big wave of smooth earthy brett character. Wool. An extremely dry and sour finish even by Lambic standards. Has a slight 'coarseness' in the aftertaste, but flawless aside from that.

M: Torrential carbonation and VERY dry. High drinkability, highly refreshing, I love this beer.

So glad I finally got a chance to try Beatification. This beer blew me away as much as any Cantillon I've ever had. (692 characters)

4.83/5  rDev +8.8%

08/11/06- Purchased by mail order direct from Russian River Brewery in Santa Rosa, CA.

Presentation- Batch 001-PH1. 375ml (12.7oz) bottle which was caged and corked. Poured into an oversized wine glass.

Appearance- Opens with a loud pop and pours with furious carbonation. The loudest talking beer I have ever heard. The carbonation was just screaming. Poured into a huge ass wine goblet, maybe 22oz capacity. Filled close to the top at pour and settled down at about a 1/4 inch of a spitzy yet slight creamy looking top. Quite lovely cobwebs and small chunks of lace leftover in the aftermath.

Smell- Bits of stinky horse blanket and musty barn and moth balls. You know this one will be a sour one upon the taste. Sour overripe fruits appear after the cork pops.

Taste- Pretty much pure decadence. Combines the flavor of several of my favorite styles of beer. Has a NB Love flavor (which makes sense as it was aged in those barrels). Has a nice Flanders Ale quality....liked to Goudenband and even has that nice barnyard Fantome-esque flavor. Sour, but about the perfect acidic level fruits rush around. Lemon rind, maybe some cherries and raspberries. All combine to make you crave that next sip.

Mouthfeel- A tad bit highly carbonated and gaseous, but not too much as to hinder drinking. Sweet and sour aftertaste that lasts just long enough to tempt you for that next sip.

Drinkability- Well, I timed this one about perfect. Sat here on an early evening night in Broadview, Montana...nothing but vast farmland as far as the eyes can see. A few antelope over here, a few partridges over there and a cow or two mooing in the background...not to mention the bats starting to fly into the barn and the two hoot-owls going at it. Ahhh, all this in the middle of a thunderstorm. Review #999 and taking a 8 month or so beer respite as of bedtime this Sunday....only have a Dreadnaught in waiting for my last beer in my self imposed beer break due to my wife's pregnancy. This was about the perfect beer today. Great taste, incredibly refreshing due to the higher humidity today. Russian River scores again. Vinnie...thanks for making one of my last brews for a while a memorable one. Extreme highest of recommendation!! (2,235 characters)

4.83/5  rDev +8.8%

Thanks to swnicholson for the opportunity to try this one! Batch 003.

A- Body is a very cloudy (nearly opaque) hazy straw yellow. Pours with a hefty 2 finger+ foamy white head (it did gush some upon opening). Head retention is great...eventually fading to 1 finger and keeping that the rest of the way down.

S- The first thing that hits the nose is a big whiff of tart lemon. Lemon all over the place. Behind this is a very noticeable oak presence.

T- Much more wonderful and complex than the smell. Very tart and slightly sweet lemon zest is definitely the main character here. The acidic tartness puckers the lips slightly but a slight bready sweetness balances it out. The oak is definitely detectable but hides deep in the background and comes through a little more for the finish but never overshadows the main characters. What also comes forward for the finish is a saltiness. It finishes rather abruptly and is very dry-esp for a brew with a lower ABV.

M- Great medium to high carbonation and a light body with a balance of breadiness and citrus.

D- This was an excellent brew and one I would definitely trade for again. It ended a gathering with a few other BAs that turned out to be a Russian River night. These 3 beers (this deviation, and the younger) were definitely my favorite by this brewing co. so far and I look forward to trying other brews they have to offer. (1,383 characters)

4.83/5  rDev +8.8%

Batch #002, poured into a RR chalice.

Pale straw color, slightly hazy. Half-finger snow white head has little staying power, fading into a thin cap and collar in seconds. Funk hits the nose as soon as the cork pops. Once it hits the glass, grapefruit, grass, herbs, spice and lemon come out. Lemony, acidic sour bite on the palate first. After a while more erth, grass, spice and funk come through. Pronounced oakiness as well. Mouthfeel is tart, light and refreshing. I could drink this stuff like water.

Not particularly good looking, but everything else about this beer is spectacular. Complex, yet crisp and refreshing; Highly recommended. (645 characters)

4.84/5  rDev +9%

If only I had the same kind of access to the Russian River beers as I do to the Lost Abbey. If even they were even a little further away. A four hour drive. A five hour drive. Each and every one of the Russian River beers had something to fucking say. The Beatification of all had the most intense things to say, just extremely funky and flowery on the nose. When I popped it open it smelled like diapers or something, heavily stank cheese, I screamed, I passed it around, I got stoked. This was the overall champion of the night for me by a long shot, part of a very small (4 people) Russian River tasting. Beatification is a barrel aged and "spontaneously fermented" beer, brewed with wild yeast and then aged in barrels which have been used for both its original purpose and for making other beers that Russian River offers, meaning that it has a whole lot of life in the wood that contributes an insane amount of complex flavor to the beer. This beer has a list of the known yeast and bacteria strains present in the beer, which beyond being geeky is so insane that you can't just love it if you're interested in the science and alchemy of brewing. Poured beautifully from the mini-Champagne like bottle with a cork and cage and it really is like an intense spoiled semi-brute Champagne that could only come from Belgium, except that it's from California. Infected, golden, attractive. Russian River makes the beers that are closest to those from the motherland, with the perfect amount of American screw-all attitude to boot. This is so much like a Gueuze that it's hard to believe it's not, and it's in the same family as the Leelanau and Jolly Pumpkin beers which are so overtly "out there" that you can't help but listen up. Highest, highest respect for this brew, heavy dog compliments. (1,795 characters)

4.84/5  rDev +9%

Another brew brought to this tasting by Bankhead. Greatly appreciated!

A: Hazy honey golden... it quite literally appears to be the hue of a nice, organic honey. Head recedes fairly quickly, but leaves a very persistent collar.

S: Loads of horseblanket and hay. Additionally, there's about an equal note of citrus and pepper note. A tiny note of mustiness, though there's a strange floral-like quality that balances it out and keeps it from being unpleasant. This is a beer I could sniff at all night, which would be as close to perfect as I can think of.

T + M: Amazingly dry... beautiful. A lemony type of tartness, without being so intense as it makes me pucker up. It's just enough to get my mouth watering and craving more. Peppery, with just the right amount of barnyard notes. I think this might just be a favourite of the Russian River brews I have tried to date.

D: This is pretty much as good as it gets, and I'm floored by how close to perfection is seems to be to my tastes. Suddenly, Pennsylvania doesn't seem too far to travel to try to secure more. I'm fortunate it's on the East at all! (1,109 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

I had previously sampled Beatification at the RR Brewpub in October of 2005, straight from the barrel and again in January of this year at a RR dinner at Monk's Cafe but this is my first review of this fine beer from the bottle.

Batch 001 (PH1) is waiting patiently in my cellar.

The beer poured a nice brilliant hazy straw color with a bit of a white head that didn't last very long and gave way to a good ring around the glass and strong lacing. The aroma of the beer definitely had the characterstics of where it was aged, in an oak barrel, but it was not overpowering. Notes of cherry and other fruit. The taste was very impressive, tart and acidic and a bit of funkiness but not overbearing, just perfectly complimenting each other. The taste lingered in the mouth for awhile and did have a bit of a dry champagne burn to it which I like in a beer. There is a lingering sweetness to this beer that is very pleasant and I just can't get enough of.

It would be interesting to taste this along side Redemption which is where this started and also with the PH1 to test the subtle differences in each. Vinnie and Natalie hit this one out of the park as they do with so many of their beers. A real winner, too bad there is not much of this out there. (1,259 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

PH1 acquired directly at the brewery about a year and a half ago. Aged at 45F ever since. Pours clean and simple with a nice thick head that dissipates quickly. Nice tight carbonation. Sour and brett up in the front of the tongue, super clean finish at the end. Very wonderfully complex, low alcohol and drinkable. 10/10 on the belgian "digestability scale". Outstanding. (371 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

I shared my batch 2 next to Oreo's batch 3 at our EPIC sour tasting...

The batch 2 was my top want, so thanks to titosupertramp!

This is amazing. The batch 2 is less carbonated, but the same color. Batch 3 has a small white head.

The smells are similar. 3 is funky, but not as dry as 2. The lemony am lactic sour is more prominent in 3, but still in 2.

The tastes are both excellent... They both follow the noses-- 2 is dry and funky with a great balance and 3 is super lactic and tart with a good funkiness hiding underneath.

The body on 2 is less carbonated than 3, but they're both fantastic-- medium body with a good bite.

This is my top sour. Either batch. I would drink these constantly. This is easily one of the top sours in the world. (749 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +9.2%

A bottle from Batch 002 opened up by Bobby yesterday during our tasting (you can never have too many Russian River wild ales).

A: A disappointingly quiet popping of the cork on this bottle. Despite that, the beer seems to still be fairly well carbonated. The pour itself is a hazy light golden color with a thin white head.

S: The nose is still very, very acidic. The lemony, lactic tartness is really the star of the show with some white grapes and green apple notes as well. There's really not much in the way of funk, but that's not really a problem for me.

T: The flavor picks up where the nose leaves off with a really intense lemon sourness. There are some flavors of green apple and white grape as the nose would indicate, but this bottle is not quite as puckering as others I've had.

M: The level of carbonation is just about perfect, with great effervescence really allowing the acid to really come through. The finish is very sour and dry, as you would expect.

D: I've always been a huge fan of the intense sourness that Beatification has, and this is no exception. I always enjoy the opportunity to open up a bottle. (1,132 characters)

Beatification from Russian River Brewing Company