Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Temptation - Russian River Brewing Company

TemptationTemptation

Wants: 1,727
Russian River Brewing Company visit their website

American Wild Ale |  7.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-19-2003

A blonde ale fermented with a special strain of yeast, then aged in French oak chardonnay barrels. Flavors of wine and oak absorb into the brew throughout twelve months of aging. During this aging process, a secondary fermentation occurs using a yeast strain disliked by most brewers and winemakers called Brettanomyces.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Temptation Alström Bros
Reviews: 978 | Hads: 3,292

There's not much I can say about this beer that hasn't been said already, so I'll just give the short and sweet. It looks, smells and tastes absolutely incredible. The mouthfeel is second to none and I could seriously drink this forever.

Outstanding beer. (257 characters)

This is not a bad beer.

The appearance is golden. Golden nectar with a sexy head. The head has great sticky bubbles that leave a thick layer of lacing all down the sides of this glass. The color is so interesting because it has a sun gold color, but cannot be seen through. Just faint shadows can be seen meaning the haze is thick. Not very watered down either, a great body.

The smell is amazing. When I popped the bottle the cork flew across the room and bubbles came pouring out. Then, the whole room smelt like a sour champagne. Chardonnay can be smelt as well as oak. I have never really pinned down the distinctive smell of oak until right now. Amazing. Lemon grass as well.

The taste is mind boggling. This might be the gateway for me into sours. I have tried and liked Wild Ales and Sours before but this is on a league of its own. Tastes like a lemon champagne. Then mixed with a heavy blonde ale. The alcoholic taste that comes with a good white wine is present. Sour and a bit tart. The sourness is not overwhelming, it is just right. It is also not the first flavor, it hit me most towards the end.

The mouthfeel is great, just superb. So smooth and crisp. It just foams up in your mouth like champagne, perfect body as well. Not watery at all, just perfect. The lemon and citrus flavors just grab your taste buds. My mouth never stopped watering. Great oily finish, kills everything in your mouth. Nothing tastes the same afterwards.

The drinkability is sad. Why sad? It is sad because I only have one bottle of it and I am drinking it right now. I am going to trade for this. I need more. With some Wilds that I have had, they are great for a good long discussion with someone. You can sip on them and enjoy them over a period of time. This beer I cannot keep away from my mouth. Once I swallowed the first sip of Temptation I could not keep it away from my lips. Amazing. I was actually going into this beer thinking that it was just going to be mediocre. A blonde ale aged in oak? I hate blonde ales, and although Consecration was great, it was not like this. This is a whole new playing field.

Bravo.

J

EDIT: It is almost a week later and I have not stopped thinking about this beer. This is the first beer I am going to give a full 5 rating to. This beer to me is absolute perfection. There is nothing that I would change to it, there is nothing that is wrong with it. Everything about it makes me extremely happy. So I am changing the 4.5 in appearance to a 5. The solid golden color was amazing and the lacing around the glass was superb. Cannot get this beer out of my mind. (2,610 characters)

Finally getting to review this one. Poured from a 375 ml bottle into a goblet. Bottled on 06-18-14.

Pours a translucent, golden color with a half inch, pure white head that dissipates rapidly. Exquisite lacing all around the glass as I imbibe. One sexy looking beer.

Smells of lactobacillus, pediococcus, and brettanomyces. Hints of oak, white wine, and fresh citrus. Some serious nose on this brew! Smells of heavenly sourness.

Initial sip gives me wine in oak barrels. Eventually after a second and third I taste the Brett, lacto, and pedio and the oak and white wine mellows out. Great sour tartness but not overwhelming.

Mouthfeel is pleasant. Very prickly on the tongue with a pleasant tartness that lingers on the palate for some time. Quite drinkable for a 7.50% abv. A very unique brew that would definitely benefit from aging.

Overall a well rounded, intricately brewed, masterpiece! This barrel aged sour is one of my favorites. If you have never has this before I would purchase two bottles if you can and drink one right away, then age the other for at least a year to see how it changes over time.

Cheers! (1,127 characters)

Appearance- golden color

Smell- kind of a sour smell, no too strong though

Taste- oak, citrus, kind of a sour flavor but not too strong

Mouthfeel- medium bodied

Drinkability- It was pretty good. F'ing awesome sour. Holey shit balls I could drink this all day. (263 characters)

Perfect beer. Not a flaw to it. Citrus, funk, lower alcohol. You get the taste of the barrel as well as the fruit. Perfect sourness. Not to strong like the Bruery and not to light like Allagash. I really think this is one of the best beers around. I think of a better beer. I have tried all of the other Russian Rivers and this one seems to be my favorite. (356 characters)

4.97/5  rDev +13.2%

Perfection has never tasted so good. And by perfection I refer to sour blondes. Then beer pours out a crystal clear straw color with a nice head that resides a little too quickly. In the nose, fruit, Chardonnay, slight oak and a perfect amount of funk from the Brett. The taste displays the same notes but the flavors are accentuated by the ultra-dry finish and slight bitterness. The refreshing lactic bite but nit overpowering sourness make Temptaion unbelievably drinkable. KILLER. BEER. (490 characters)

4.97/5  rDev +13.2%

Side-by-side review of Batch 04 (750ml) and 03 (375ml).

A: Deep amber color, a little bit cloudy (bottle probably a bit too agitated). Minimal head and lacing. Not much difference between the two.

S: The 04 is bright and tart in the nose, up-front fruits. The 03 is a mellower aroma, but somehow richer and perhaps with a bit of honey. Chardonnay influence is easily appreciated in both bottles.

T/M/D: The 04 is lively and tart. Opens with a good hit of sourness, finishes dry and oaky. The 03 sourness is not as sharp, and is accompanied by a distinct honey sweetness. The 03 finishes similarly dry to the 04, but persists longer with Chardonnay and oak flavors lingering.

Both are supremely easy to drink, and showcase RR's excellence at blending wine flavors with fantastic beers. Definitely looking forward to aging this Batch 04, and wondering when I'll decide to open my last Batch 03. (896 characters)

4.97/5  rDev +13.2%

Russian River's Temptation poured straw golden and slightly cloudy and visibly carbonated in my globe glass. The frothy white head stood tall in the glass. Lacing remained in the glass as the beer was drained. Much of the aroma had fruit notes like pear, orange, and lemon, but there were also earthy undertones and whiff of sea air. The first taste was tangy on the tongue, but was accompanied with a mild bitterness and a hint of tannin as I continued. Temptation was light in body and highly carbonated, almost spritzy.

I must thank my brother for bringing this to me. This was my first Russian River beer, and I am impressed. I want to go to Santa Rosa and live at the brewery, if only for a day or two! Thankfully, I've still got 3 other RR beers to try. Bravo! (769 characters)

4.97/5  rDev +13.2%

Appearance: Pours a cloudy golden color with a huge head; the retention was very good and the beer left clumps of lace along the sides of the chalice

Smell: Except for the sour Brett tones, you would swear you were smelling an oaky chardonnay, with vanilla and white wine grapes influencing the tart green apple, apricot and sour cherry tones

Taste: Opens with a mouthful of fruit (pear and apricot) that moves in a tart, green apple direction by mid-palate; after the swallow, the tartness mellows and the more subtle fruit character (pear, melon, apricot) and oaky/vanilla elements represent themselves; unlike some of the other Wild Ales where the sour elements dominate, this one is much more subtle and complex

Mouthfeel: Light to medium body and quite creamy; medium to high carbonation

Drinkability: Another stunning achievement from Russian River; more subtle than some of the others and, in many ways, better, as a result (934 characters)

Bottle into tulip

A- Before I poured the entire bottle into the glass it was crystal clear golden pour. The finger width snow white head lasted momentarily before it settled to a thin white cap. Lacing is quite sticky.

S- The oak and chardonnay are very upfront, not overpowering but there and refined. Definite brett funk with the wet hay/blanket smells. There is a refreshing grape/lemon tart smell that goes hand in hand with the grass notes. The sweetness is more vanilla than anything and really ties everything together.

T- Right up front is the brett funk and oak, followed by the wine characteristics with tart grape and lemon notes. Tart cherries and cranberries before it goes full circle and we are back to the brett to give a dry funk before your mouth waters for more.

M- Thin to medium bodied with a wonderful carbonation. It just feels right. My mouth waters and it feels perfect.

O- With this being my third rr "ion" beer I knew I was going to be in for a real treat, but holy cow this thing is magical. if only Cali wasn't 4500km away (1,056 characters)

4.97/5  rDev +13.2%

if i were ever on death row, this just might be my beverage of choice, provided availability.
i've had this on tap at RR, but the first time i had this was at monk's RR Stuff-if-ication beer dinner 7 June 2011.
i was more excited for this course than any mainly because i was so eager to try Temptation after severely enjoying consecration and supplication in the past.
the course was a lobster stuffed ravioli with a quail egg, corn puree, and RR Temptation butter.
it was a hit. it was excellent. and we recieved 2 flute pours each of Temptation. magical.
notes from that evening...

Light-gold and very carbonated. nearly yellow actually. not much head at all--i didn't have one. poured like wine, sat like wine, swirled like wine, felt like beer.

the wine characteristics are incredible actually. pungent grape aromas. brett funk: bready, mild cheese stink, dirt and grass. baking apples and butterscotch. chardonnay aromas abound.

aaaahhh. amazing. sour apple, like a sweet tart and a jolly rancher at the same time. i don't really like white wine, especially chardonnay, but the brett funk and barrel sugars level it all out. it's sour, really tart, but it's not cutting and it doesn't burn, which is really impressive for a beer made this way.

there's a good deal of carbonation which gives this an incredible edge in a food pairing. the dish is very rich, which is a perfect combination with the sharp, bubbly Temp to clean up.

heart. this is love. this is absolutely lovely. i bet you could get any devout wine drinker to really enjoy this and any skeptic to open up a bit more. this is extremely ideal for cheese, fish, pastry, you name it.

i enjoy this beer, because it tastes good. i love this beer, because it represents the philosophy of "craft": unique, concentrated, beloved, and deliberately constructed based on the talent, ingenuity, and environment from which it was concieved.
cheers. (1,914 characters)

4.97/5  rDev +13.2%

Pours a cloudy golden yellow with thin white head that turns into a filmy halo quickly. Moderate amounts of lacing.

Smell: Butterscotch, butter, wild yeast, and musty, oaky grapes predominate the smell. Light citrus, honey, apple, and vague spiciness present. General pleasant earthy, sour smell also. Very complex smell.

Taste: WOW. Very vinous in nature. Light caramel apple maltiness on the intial that progresses into a sweet and sour grape taste with a pleasant oaked taste. The wild yeast is definitely present but blends nicely with the overall taste. Smooth buttery taste with a light citrus hops. It really tastes as smells, but better. It is really the best of beer meets the best of chardonnay. Flavors and smell improved as it approached room temperature.

Medium bodied, very low carbonation. Excellent mouthfeel with nice transitions. Moderately slick and smooth on the initial becoming dryer then a brief fruity sweetness and great dry white wine finish. Alcohol presence is well balanced.

I could easily drink several glasses of this. Easy to drink. Sessionable, but I would want to drink it slowly to savour it. I'll take more of this anyday! (1,171 characters)

4.97/5  rDev +13.2%

A big thanks goes to augustgarage for this one. I was on pins and needles waiting for the UPS man. Since then I've been eyeing this one in my fridge for a week. Part of me wanted to open it the second it arrived, the other part of me never wanted to open it. Gave in to temptation at the advice of my roommate. Thanks, buddy. Cork did NOT want to come out of this one.. took a good minute. No matter.

A- 750ml, poured carefully into wide snifter. I let the bottle breathe for 20 minutes or so, as my fridge is a tad cold. Pours a wonderful pale yellow, with a thin, thin head. Looks delightful, the coloration is superbly blonde. Beer looks pleasantly viscous, shape-shifting in the snifter.

S- Intense. Is this a wine? The chardonnay barrels come through in full force. Definite funk, a earthy woodiness, and more complex fruit than I can pick out in one sniff. Prob. one of the top 3 complex bouquets of any beer I've had.

T- For the power of the nose, this beer is remarkably subdued. Amazingly tasty, though. Tart, drying like a fine wine. A mind-bogglingly good combination of gentle sweetness, carbonation, and funk make for the holy trinity of beers. Seriously... I want a gallon of this stuff, ASAP.

I taste a tart apple, mild lemon, and a mead-like honey sweetness. There's a tonic water quality to this one, as well, which plays wonderfully off the fruit sweetness. Not to be outdone, the woody earthiness and the Brett finish leaving you scratching your head. So many flavors that just fit perfectly. I cannot fathom the trial and error that went into producing this beer, but it was so worth it. I had high hopes for this one... and they were smashed, shattered, and decimated.

Note- I thought this couldn't get any better. Second pour, I got all the yeast and whatnot. I was proven wrong... the funk is stronger, tastier, and fan-fuckin'-tastic.

M- Wonderful. Crisp, tart, sour, sweet, mildly acidic, and perfectly carbonated. This one dances across your tongue, begging for another sip. And another. And another. Before you know it, you're wondering where you can get some more. I'd drink this all day everyday if I was a millionaire. As it is, it was an amazing treat.

D- Through the roof. We'll see how I feel tomorrow (stories of gastro issues have made the rounds), but I would buy a boatload of this in an instant if I had the chance. A smile all the way down, one of the best... by far. I would give this perfect 5's... appearance just wasn't earth shattering. But where it counts? This beer excels. Trust me. The best-tasting beer I've ever had.

They often say don't believe the hype. I agree.... this one is far beyond words of praise.

A *BIG* thank you to augustgarage... You made my day, week, month, and year with this one. (2,763 characters)

(Served in a goblet)

big thanks to goodbyeohio for this brew (batch 001)

A- This beer has a hazy golden deep copper color with a thick pure white foam that last and last. The carbonation is wave of microbubbles swirling in the glass. The head turns into thick sheets that stick to the side of the glass after each sip and turn to lace in some parts.

S- The smell of tart wild yeast and wild mushroom has a very soft hint of light oak and fresh rain with a very light earthy decomposition note. The finish has a nice bright lemon zest note.

T- The taste of smooth slightly sweet pale malt has a faint tartness with a brightness almost like lemon to it. There is a very light oak taste that is smooth and really balances the sweet malt and tartness. On the exhale, after each sip there is a very faint ham note that is quite nice. As it warms notes of chardonnay start to come through nicely and a faint grapefruit note blends with it.

M- This beer has a medium-light mouthfeel with a nice pucker in the back of the jaws in the finish.

D- Wow. This beer is so complex and smooth yet too mysterious to describe it in words. The flavors of Bret and oak are soft enough to let the blonde ale shine through but strong enough to give it so much more depth and character. I was expecting a sharp "extreme" American punch in the mouth but instead I got a beer that taste like decades of craftsmanship in the making. (1,428 characters)

4.95/5  rDev +12.8%

Batch 001, 375 mL bottle, corked and caged. Received in trade from GClarkage. Poured into St. Bernardus chalice glass.

This was a light amber, hazy beer with a one finger, white, dense foamy head that persisted throughout the experience. It left a lot of foam on the glass.

Aroma was of white wine and oak, but a little sour too. Very complez, not quite like a beer... damn, I love when beers are aged this way. They become so much more.

Taste was even more complex than the aroma. Massive Chardonnay and oak notes, and some maltiness thrown in. Slightly sour, but not out of place... it served to tie everything together.

Mouthfeel was smooth and mellow... a little foamy, too.

Drinkability was excellent... I had to make myself slow down to let it last, as this was all I had and all I would have for a long time. But I think I may well trade for this one again. (879 characters)

4.95/5  rDev +12.8%

A: Vibrant golden yellow with a thin but lively white head, probably thin due to my cautious pour. Excellent lacing. Not sure what more I could ask for.

S: Tart and funky with a hint of buttery oak and soft fruits, specifically pear.

T: Tart and funky, but not overpowering. Leaves plenty of room for notes of pear and apple to shine through, and a hint of oak. Finishes with notes of clove and some herbal/grassy hop notes.

M: If anything, this is where this beer lacks just slightly. Not quite as much body as I had hoped, but given the wild yeast it's a difficult mission to achieve.

O: Pricey, but worth every penny. An extremely enjoyable beer. (656 characters)

4.95/5  rDev +12.8%

Can't remember who I got this from. Totally stoked on it thought, so thank you! Decanted from the bottle into an oversized wine glass. Pours a golden color with a big, thick head. Looks great. Aroma of funk, sourness, lemon and apple. Smells very wine like and completely delicious. Taste is just good. Initially hits you with some sourness, then, lemon, apple, and back to sour. Mouthfeel is well carbonated but creamy. Drinkability is off the scales. This beer is more or less perfect and one of my favorites. (511 characters)

4.94/5  rDev +12.5%

on tap at Toronado in San Diego. pours a straw color ith a single finger of white head, poor retention and lo lacings.

aroma is vinous, with a vinegar like sweetnesss, a bit subtle, with notes of grapes, a bit of pale malts and some sour apple. phenomenal in the nose.

taste is more of the same with a wonderful vinegar sourness and a great semi-dry character. the fruit and malt dance behind the sourness on the palate. excellent!

mouthfeel is semi-dru and light bodied without any overtly-sweet note that tends to plague beers similar to this one. very refreshing and wonderful on the palate.

drinkability is perfect. mildly sour, refreshing and supremely drinkable. a great summer beer with a refreshing quality. cheers! (727 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +12.1%

Batch 002. Bottle has tendency to foam over.

Hazy yellow color with a white head, decent retention. Smell includes some lemon, soft sourness, oak, and there seemed to be a very light spice that I'm unable to name. Taste has sour oak, lemon, and some other citrus flavors, slightly acidic, with a fairly dry finish. Not as sour as others I have enjoyed, but still quite good. Mouthfeel had high carbonation with a light body. Light body and dry finish to this, paired with its excellent taste make this one highly drinkable. I wish I had plenty more; would be great for special occasions.

Update: This beer has gotten better and better. Just marvelous. (653 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +12.1%

A - A cloudy light golden yellow/brown. The head is fluffy, white and moderately dense. While it does go down (slowly), a nice finger thickness retains. There is moderate lacing as well as pieces of the fluffy head are left clawing to the edge of the glass.

S - Tangy lemon zest combines with the smell of crushed white grapes, giving the beer a sweet/sour smell that I think will transition nicely into the flavor. This is undercut by some distinct fresh leather (hooray, brett.)

T - The tart lemony flavor really squeezes on the outsides of the tongue while fruit sweetness of grapes, pears, apples boil on the center and tip of the tongue. Underneath is some uncertain oak flavor, uncertain in that it is not the traditional oak wood flavor, and more wood a fence surrounding a farm that cows have been rubbing against kind of oak (again, hooray brett.) Some light bready malts serve as one of the few tame, traditional flavors, and serve as a subtle signal to remind you that this is, indeed, a beer.

M - The flavors coat the tongue quite well, covering every inch and straining every taste bud. Well carbonated to really make all of the flavors explode.

D - Flavorful, thirst quenching, light in the stomach and a moderate ABV. The perfect drinker. (1,260 characters)

Batch 003:

Well,that got better! Not that we were looking at a beer with a ton of room for improvement or anything, or perhaps it's just I like it better fresh or.... I dunno...

But the sourness is in perfect balance, the Chardonnay/white wine notes are less prominent and more integrated. Dry and refreshing, still with a solid mid-palate sweetness. Just a joy to drink.

9-20-07

A 4.0 S 5.0 T 4.5 M 4.0 D 5.0

Well I've been hanging on to this bottle for... well... too long. When I bought it I grabbed the last bottle of Supplication, but there were two bottles of Temptation, and I didn't buy the second. WHY?! Just because I don't have a great way to cellar? This is drinking great as it is!

Well, now I know.

Batch 002:

Pours a beautiful golden blonde with relatively thin, if frothy head, just a hint of haze.

Smells, as it warms, like goodness in a glass. The chardonnay characteristics/similarities are marked, but there's a little hint of spice and fruity warmth. This has been poured into a globe red wine glass, and it's heaven just below the rim.

First few sips are a bit disappointing, it's too cold. Flavor is crisp and refreshing, but thin and lacking depth. The beer's fault? No... mine.

After warming, the intriguing complexities come bursting forth... the oak is relatively muted, but the brew is incredibly vinous... the sourness, which I was expecting to be much more forward, is really only present in the very back of the palate, making this crisp and refreshing. If anything, I'm a bit disappointed by the carbonation, as I at points wish this sat more comfortably on the tongue (like wine) to allow more savoring. Balance is perfect, finishes clean and dry after a touch of sweetness up front... this isn't wacking you over the head with any big flavors, but the sum total is superb.

Would love to see 750s of this available more frequently... I had this at the end of an evening, but this would make an amazing aperitif, and would pair well with anything a good white wine would. (2,016 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +12.1%

Drinking this beer is a remarkable experience! I practically left this world for a while, becoming totally engrossed in the entire encompassing experience that is "Temptation." We are all susceptible to temptation; it lures us in and is so pleasurable that right and wrong, and all we know and understand is irrelevant because we are engulfed by the experience. That is the case with this beer, aptly named, "Temptation." I was in a full room with a large group of friends, but as I enjoyed this beer I left all that behind (for a time).

Presentation: A true collectable bottle that is beautiful and classy. Corked and caged, the bottle is marked Batch 001. The server at Monk's removes the cage and then it pops like champagne and poured into a Duchesse De Bourgogne goblet.

Appearance: It pours a glimmering golden color. The head fades to a majestic halo around the beer clearly indicating it rightful status as nobility among beer.

Smell: She brought the beer out while I was still eating. I wanted to get the most from the beer so I finished eating first. However for 10 minutes while I finished eating the aroma was lofting from the glass and teasing my senses. From the moment she popped the cork I could smell the French oak aroma. The smell is unique but the closest thing I've had recently was Cidre Bouché Brut De Normandie 2004, a French oak aged cider. The aromas of wood and leather are complimented with honey vanilla and yeast that are in a league of their own. Simply stated; enticing!!

Taste: Beautiful apple oak, green and white grapes, Chardonnay or rather Pinot Grigio flavors parallel the sweet vanilla honey French oak, earthy flavors. A bit of vinous (wine like) alcohol with some wild Brett tartness and a sour apple snap in the finish keep everything about the beer lively and exciting while equally balanced and meloncaly. There is not one iota of conflict amongst the blended flavors of this true masterpiece!

Mouthfeel: The beer is full bodied and both slick & smooth and creamy & sprtizy. That sour tangy Brett flavor pulls and puckers the palate then lasts long after it's gone. So what does it really feel like? It feels like it is messing with my mind and I love it.

Drinkability: Everything beautiful and wonderful about creativity and the world brewing is exemplified in this beer. Belgium has Westvleteren 12 and they can boast; but guess what... America has Temptation from Russian River Brewing Company!!!

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers! (2,496 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +12.1%

Another beer via trade with deepsouth. Awesome man!

Batch 003

First things first, Smell that Brett!

Pale gold yellow cloud with a 2" head. Leaves a nice coat on the sides but that fades too.

This beer reeks of Brett and Oak! The sirens are going off for the sour smell.

This beer is sour as a MF'er! Tart, smooth and sour like a good belgian! Seriously this beer can hang with all the #1s out there! Little fruit, saison like spice but always sour and tart from start to finish. So Smooth! The tartness sticks around a while and refuses to leave the back of your throat. Mmmmm thank you! So Tart and so so yummy!

It's smooth with a bubbly complexity. The carbonation is very light. Tangy and zesty with a nice strong zap of oak near the end of each mouthful.

This beer is so so drinkable. Did a belgian brewery brew this? This can't be from America. O wait it is. Finally a brewery worth the same praise as say, De Dolle...Yummm

Ok I no longer want to review this beer...I need to focus on drinking and enjoying it! Wow this is a delicious brew! (1,055 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +12.1%

Thanks to fbm115 for sharing this one.

A - Soft yellow with a nice head and lots of carbonation

S - Funky, sour, fruity.

T - This is such an elegant beer. Perfectly balanced in sour, mild fruit flavors with a wood taste. Not much hop presence, but I couldn't think of a way to improve the flavor.

M - High carbonation and light in body.

D - Unbelievably drinkable. Not too sour, very refreshing and mind blowingly balanced. (428 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +12.1%

Temptation Batch 006 pours a hazy, straw color and is capped by a white, quickly disappearing head that leaves a light amount of lace. A rich bouquet of aromas burst out of the tulip including hints of oak, chardonnay, green apple and brettanomyces funk. The brew starts out with a fruitiness reminiscent of pears before a quaint oakiness leads other flavors like vanilla and chardonnay grapes into a tart and funky finish. A high level of carbonation dances across the tongue in this medium bodied ale. Maybe our new favorite sour, and that says a lot!

Cheers! (562 characters)