Red Brick Strong Brown Ale - Red Brick Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Red Brick Brewing Company visit their website
Georgia, United States

American Brown Ale |  8.30% ABV

(Beer added by: ChainGangGuy on 01-31-2012)

All I can remember about this beer is that it was ok, I enjoyed it but it was not my favorite beer out their. I was only able to have it on draft, I would have liked to try it in a bottle as well as the draft that I tried. This beer was worth trying, If they ever bring it back, I more than likely will try it again considering how long it has been since I have had this beer.

jaredtp, Jun 04, 2014

OldTime, Feb 01, 2013
3.65/5  rDev +2.8%

Available at the 8th annual Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting this past Saturday. According to the issued handout, this is the base beer for the upcoming, presumably barrel-aged Red Brick 17th anniversary release.

Appearance: Passed to me a hazed, medium brown body. It’s kind of muddled, but let’s just stick with hazed for now. Nil head.

Smell: Treacle-soaked stiff barley grains with some caramel, bready notes, incredibly faintly nutty, and hints of near-dehydrated fruits and alcohol.

Taste: Firmly sweet maltiness, with lowly nutty caramel and a noted breadiness registering. Fruity accents of cherry, golden raisin, though none of it unduly pronounced. Earthy, faintly resinous hops with some underlying bitterness. Drying, malty finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied. Lightly carbonated.

Overall: It’s fine, really, I guess I’ll have to come check this out to see where it went post-barrel aging. As it is now, it sorta reminds me of a Lagunitas release, bringing to mind Hairy Eyeball or We’re Only In It For The Money. But only sorta!

ChainGangGuy, Jan 31, 2012
Red Brick Strong Brown Ale from Red Brick Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.