Sonderberg - Oriental Brewery Co., Ltd

SonderbergSonderberg

Oriental Brewery Co., Ltd visit their website
Korea (South)

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: tone77 on 06-16-2013)
View: Beers (9) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by tone77:
tone77

2.73/5  rDev +0.7%

Trying this beer back in my room in Hong Kong. Poured from a 16.9 oz. can. Has a light golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is mild, some corn and grains. Taste is light, a good bit of corn, some malts, a bit of an unusual aftertaste, nothing special here. Feels light in the mouth and overall not terrible, but there are better cheap lagers out there.

Serving type: can

06-16-2013 07:44:32 | More by tone77
woodychandler

2.68/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

This is another of my local, in-person trader, tone77's, haul for The CANQuest (TM) from his far out trip to the Far East. Groovy, man! I CAN totally dig it.

From the CAN: "Imported Quality Beer"; "Pilsener Lager Beer"; S"Brewed With Finest Ingredients"; "Sonderberg is an imported premium beer brewed according to a proprietary recipe with the finest ingredients under the supervision of Jebsen Beverage Co., Ltd. - Hong Kong"; "Ingredients: Premium Quality Malt, Hops, Corn Starch, Yeast and Water. Net Contents: 500ml Alc. 4.5% Vol. Country of Origin: S. Korea".

Well, when you openly cop to using corn starch as an adjunct, I CANnot give you the benefit of the doubt. Instead, I did the Crack & Glug and hoped for the best. My now-practiced hand created two-plus fingers of dense, foamy, bone-white head that held up pretty well. Color was a pale lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity and loads of CO2 bubbles in evidence. Nose was light with corn, but it was definitely present. Mouthfeel was bubbly and effervescent which would have been nice if it didn't scrub open my taste buds and really allow me to get the brunt of the corn starch. Woof! Man, I have not been subjected to a CANned AAL in a while and I had begun to forget their deadly taste. This just filled my mouth and sinus cavity with a taste of silage. I have had far worse, but by dint of not having drank one for a while, I had begun to forget. Finish was semi-dry and refreshing or would have been if I could have gotten past the taste.

Well, they didn't lie, there was no sex and videotape is a relic of the past, but Laura San Giacomo is still a hot number and let me know if you CAN decipher that cryptic allusion. The CAN is beautiful and will be going to Jeff Lebo for inclusion in his Brewhouse Mountain Inn.

Serving type: can

07-08-2013 17:50:54 | More by woodychandler
Sonderberg from Oriental Brewery Co., Ltd
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.