Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Esquire Extra Premium - Jones Brewing Company

Esquire Extra Premium
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Jones Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  ABV ?

Beer added by: WVbeergeek on 10-14-2003

1.3/5  rDev n/a

I don't know if it is fair to review a beer that I haven't had in years...But, this is probably the worst beer of all time that I've had. My buddy came back from PA and brought this with him. It tasted like he found it on the side of the road. I think it came from squeezed road-kill. If I am remembering correctly, one of us left this on the side of the road. If it was me, I unfortunately had the chance to sample it twice, once down and once up. My recollections lead me to say it was probably better the second time, only because now you were left with more room for a decent beer. This beer was so bad we still joke about it.If it is still made, it's all yours, but I warned you! (684 characters)

2.22/5  rDev n/a

Dirty straw colored beer takes the "1-800-Safe Auto" appraoch to a head: It covers the beer, but just barely. Then it quickly fades away. Aroma has a slightly sweet malt aroma, and in this respect it is better than many macros, but nothing like the better micro lagers. The taste? Well, um, it's tough to describe. As opposed to being so complex, this one is so simple. Very bland, slightly sweet on the finish with a metallic aftertaste. Carbonation is rough, especially when combined with the thin mouthfeel. As far drinkability, this is one of those "Yeah, it's drinkable (sort of)" beers. Stoney's missed the mark on this one. Perhaps Bill S. Preston would say "This Esquire is definitely not a most excellent adventure." (725 characters)

2.37/5  rDev n/a

Label says All Grain Beer - Olde World Taste attempting to go all grain here Jones brewing lands in mediocrity. Everything here is cheesy from the beer to the label Esquire shut the hell up what is this bullshit. That was a shot at the marketing behind this beer not the beer. Now harvest gold and the black and tan were honest shots at better beer, but I don't know what this is. Appearance: Pours golden with a white short lived head, hmmm yellow fizzy not much difference so far woops no lacing. Aroma: Grainy sweetness is bland not much here but I can detect some mild hopping not horrible decent clean aroma, nothing outstanding. Taste: Sharp sweet slightly acidic tone with barely noticeable amount of hop bitterness to balance very sweet I believe they do use all grain here but it's no different then anyother Stoney's Beer, which is a great regional beer in the area if your looking for an American light lager. Mouthfeel: Slightly more body than the typical light lager but this one has some sweet syrupy honey like texture to it just barely giving this light bodied beer a tad more something. Drinkability: Not bad I hate the label and the idea at making a macro trying to say it's so much better b/c it's all grain when it's basically the same shit pass on it if you find I think it's rare. Doesn't taste old or stale but the bottle looked a bit banged up, no freshness dates here folks. (1,399 characters)

Esquire Extra Premium from Jones Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.