Lost Lake - Camo Brewing Company

Lost LakeLost Lake

awful

Camo Brewing Company
Nevada, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 07-27-2003)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

Marshall_ofmcap, Nov 14, 2013
2.25/5  rDev +17.2%

LXIXME, Oct 09, 2013

Carl_R, Jul 20, 2013

Kaars, Jan 12, 2013

SammyD, Oct 23, 2012
1.93/5  rDev +0.5%

I dunno about being out of production because these have recently come to the local Colorado liquor store. Very cheap, cheapest tall-boy in the store at 1.19 per 24 oz. As a fan of the cheaper domestic beers, due to my poorness, i have to say this is not as bad as could be. As it stands, cheaper than keystone and (possibly) more alcoholic this is pretty good. As my first review, it can only get better from here (Natty Ice excluded).

TroyMcClure, Apr 25, 2012

Joeyuwp, Feb 26, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -21.9%

Cramerican, Feb 16, 2012
1.98/5  rDev +3.1%

I have had 5 cases of this beer and have decided to review it.

C: (Context) I drink this to excess usually when family is gone and I am watching football, this fall and winter (Minnesota).
A: Don't know - I slam them right from the can.
S: Grainy, no hop effervescence, phenol, sometimes soapy - yes soapy. I'll get to that.
T: Great for slamming after snow blowing, yard work, or for getting drunk during and after another dismal 2011 - 2012 Viking's season. BUT I will say this, and I hope another reviewer will commiserate with me on this sometime - every case I have bought, there seems to be 3 or 4 cans that taste soapy, like dish soap. I hope that I am not imagining this, but there it is. I get a couple every case that taste revolting. The rest are fine and better tasting than other macros. (take it for what it is, I guess).
M: Fine, and absolutely nothing spectacular. Aftertaste is nonexistent.
O: A great beer to get hammered on. At 5.5 as some websites say it is (not the LL website itself), drink up. One suggestion: Pour into a Pilsner glass and then add a few sprinkles of salt. It is better tasting that way.

gjek44, Jan 21, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -21.9%

dragomni, Jan 02, 2012
2.88/5  rDev +50%

Appearance: A light golden tan with carbonation and typical white head.

Smell: Smells like a typical lager. Nothing overpowering the another ingredient. Maybe a hint of corn comes through.

Taste: Not bad, not great. A little stronger taste too it than I expected, but pretty watery over all.

Mouthfeel: Carbonated and a lighter feel to it.

Overall: Overall about an average lager. I knew what to expect when buying it. I can get 2 24packs for around $20 around here, so I kinda knew what I was getting. It is a drinkable lager that is perfect for those party nights or whatever occasion you need to fill you cooler with something to drink.

scanny79, May 09, 2011
2.28/5  rDev +18.8%

A - Light fizzy, clear yellow - what you expect from the style. Somewhat large foamy, bubbly, sticky white head. Disappears pretty fast leaving no lace.

S - Sweet cereal and corn aroma. Maybe a very little grassy hop aroma, but not much if there is some.

T - Yep confirms the nose with a lot of sweet cereal and corn flavor. Fairly sweet flavor. Hints of grassy hop and apple fruitiness, but they are mostly dominated by the sweet cereal/corn.

M - Very light body with a lot of carbonation. Pretty thin and watery.

D - A little too sweet to really be drinkable. Not enough hop flavor to balance out the sweet cereal.

Notes: It is what it is, a cheap adjunct lager. A little too sweet to really enjoy, but it isn't horrible. Overall it isn't bad for what it is, especially for the $14-15 for a 24 pack. If you are drinking cheap, you could do worse.

FreshHawk, Apr 06, 2011
3.08/5  rDev +60.4%

Been seeing this advertised lately on TV...it's cheap....been waiting to find a single to try and now I have..says naturally brewed on the can...what the hell does that mean? I guess that shows all those artificial brewing fuckers out there huh?

Looks ok...yellow colored...minimal head...some cooked corn on the aroma..smells malty for a an adjunct lager...

On first taste I'm initially struck with how sweet this is for the style...but it is kind of a cheap malt liqourish sweetness...has a sweet apple like fruitiness too...certainly not a clean tasting beer...but never the less the taste is more assertive than most in this style..

Body is on the light side of medium...maybe I'm just thirsty but it's going down fast....lacks any real harsh taste...the sweetness could get to you if you are kicking back 13...or 14 or so but for one beer it is fine....I could see buying this if I was back in college..until I drank 13...14 or so and figured out this is too sweet to session with (as we boys used to call it back in the day)...

ZAP, Sep 29, 2010
2.6/5  rDev +35.4%

I picked this one up in what had to be one of the shittiest liquor stores I have ever been in. This place was so crappy, they didn't even have singles of Bud or Miller Lite. But they had this one available. $0.92 for a 24oz can. I couldn't resist.

A: Very light pale yellow with a fizzy white head. Little retention. Exceedingly clear.

S: Sweet corn malt, reminiscent of Capt'n Crunch. Rice and a bit of perfumed hops.

T: Very mild flavor of slightly sweet graininess. Corn. A slightly off-putting acrid aftertaste.

M: Light in body with heavier carbonation. Clean and almost crisp.

D: Considering how close this one is to drinking straight tap water, I don't see how this couldn't be an easy drinker. And while I wouldn't go so far as to consider this anything coming close to a pilsner (as the label would suggest), this beer is surprisingly drinkable.

Florida9, Jul 21, 2010
2.03/5  rDev +5.7%

Huge thanks to swalden28 for sharing this great canned beverage.

The beer pours a clear light yellow color with a white head. The aroma is grainy with some grassy hops. The flavor is grain and corn with not too much else. The mouthfeel is pretty watery and the carbonation is about medium. A standard adjunct-laden lager with nothing good going on.

Mora2000, Jun 22, 2010
2.13/5  rDev +10.9%

Lost Lake, found in a liquor store in OKC, was pretty darn cheap. I was hoping for a nice substitute for my cheap chuggin favorite, Old Milwaukee.... It wasn't.

It poured a pale gold, clarity was good. Lots of bubbles ran up to a quickly fading head.

The nose did have flavor, controversial though. Honey, cereal grains, almost rotting fruit, and a musty funk did what they could to impress me.

The flavor was better out of the glass than the can. But really, I just smuggled em into my golf bag for refreshment on the course, and it never did start to taste any better. Honey, corn flakes, and sourness was the verdict.

The mouthfeel wasn't too watery or dull actually. Light and fizzy was a given, yet there was a slippery yet syrupy texture to it.

It should be easy to drink, given it's purpose, but it's just not even good enough to do that. I'll be glad when this 12 pack is gone.

climax, Apr 08, 2010
2.1/5  rDev +9.4%

I screwed up and added this under City Brewing, LaCrosse, WI. I am now trying to correct my error. My original review follows in its entirety.

I CAN hardly believe that I am adding this beer. It seemed to be widely available during my recent road trip. My problem with it was that it only came in a 24-oz. CAN and I had better things to drink, so it got shipped east.

This was definitely a fizzy, yellow beer judging by its behavior when poured. I got a finger-plus of fizzy, bone-white head with really low retention. Color was a pale lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose was slightly sweet with a cereal quality that screamed adjuncts. More bad news in a CAN, although not as raucous as some. Mouthfeel was effervescent, fizzy, slightly palate-cleansing, but without much flavor. Boy, was this ho hum. Finish left me with a light sweetness, but nothing more.

woodychandler, Sep 01, 2009
2.3/5  rDev +19.8%

Now I normally don't buy the cheapie beers, but in this case, I was short on cash and was curious.
When poured into the glass, the foam was very light wheat almost white in color, 1finger length and bubbly. The color was a light watered down yellow and very carbonated. The smell was a light typical pils of hops. The taste was crisp clean, not too much taste and no aftertaste. Mouthfeel - light-bodied, crisp. Drinkability - even though it's a cheapie beer, most of them have a bad aftertaste, but not this one. Good session.

Monsteruss, Jun 11, 2009

My old roommate came over last night, bringing one of his buddies from home. His buddy brought a case of Lost Lake over. I've never heard of it before, and was actually eager to try it. I knew it was going to be bad, but why not. In good company, bad beer often seems better.

I didn't want to make my glassware angry at me for putting such a sub par beer into it, so I drank it straight from the can. It comes on way to sweet, and very strong on the corn. It finishes dry, with a metallic aftertaste. Very light and watery. My friend and his buddy where commenting on how they liked it (ugh...) and also at how it was half way between a "normal" beer and a light beer. I sort of laughed at that, but kept my mouth shut.

Overall, this beer is by no means a winner. I asked how much he paid for it, and he told me it was very cheap. He got a case, and a 24 oz can (of Lost Lake) for under 10 bucks, after tax. So I guess this could be a decent substitute for all the BMC drinkers out there who are strapped for cash. I would never buy this, but I know there are those that would.

Mistofminn, Feb 08, 2009
2.1/5  rDev +9.4%

Look: Poured 12 oz can into pint glass. Medium head which hangs around for a while. The residue gets left on the glass for the full drink. Typical yellow-straw-corn color.

Smell: Sugar, corn, and water not much else.

Taste: Just like the smell, sugar, corn, and waterand not much else.

Mouthfeel: Goes in wet and comes out with a sugary and dry aftertaste.

Drinkability: Nothing special, it almost has a "light" beer drinkability to it, but not worth trying again!

NOOGIE, Jan 08, 2009
1.6/5  rDev -16.7%

pours very clear gold color with a little white head. the nose is grains and alcohol baby! not very pleasant. the taste is grains again, a lemon zest, subtle malts, slight slight hops. light bodied, slight sweet finish. I think I may have very well found my new favorite beer!

stumac, Sep 03, 2008
1.4/5  rDev -27.1%

Ok, this is just about as bad as they get.

Smell is immediately way too sweet with lots of corn.

Taste is horribly sweet with lots of sweet grains and absolutely no hops to redeem itself with.
It's pretty much like drinking a beer flavored soda pop.
Nasty.

$5 a 12 pack and I will gladly dump it out.

IntriqKen, Jul 31, 2008
1.53/5  rDev -20.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The night was young, I was catching a good performance by a band called Sleepytime Gorilla Museum at the Conservatory. I had already finished about 5 Hineys and was working on a good buzz, when alas, my wallet laid bare. I scrounged around in my pocket for some spare change and lo, I found 75 cents. Thinking that I could only purchase a soda pop with my meager funds, I discovered this thing known as urine in a can, or as some may call it, Lost Lake. It is an okay beer if you are wasted, and don't remember how it tastes.

skeetermoses, Nov 10, 2007
1.8/5  rDev -6.3%

Awful... I had this beer when I was in college, and lets be honest... I had quite a few crappy beers while I was in college, but this takes the cake. No taste, very watery, no hops, no redeeming factor... I actually drank two of these one night and woke up with a hangover... will someone please explain to me how this happens... quite possibly one of the worst beers I have ever tasted.

For the price I would rather drink selzter water... I might as well, because this beer if very reminicent of that liquid...

kguyty, Oct 05, 2007
1.73/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

10 bucks for a case...why not?

A - Very pale orange color, some bubbles float up to the top. Head was white, faded quickly to a sparse film. No lace to speak of.

S - Sweet grain, corn smell mostly with a little earthiness. Smell is pretty faint overall.

T - Very faint taste, some sugary sweetness, some corn, other bland tastes. The faint sweetness is what sets this just above Budweiser.

M - Carbonation is high as you would guess it to be, so there is a nice bite.

D - It's not good, it's not bad...well it is bad compared to almost every other beer. Whatever.

umustdrink, Mar 05, 2007