Camo Black Ice - Camo Brewing Company

awful

Camo Brewing Company
Nevada, United States

American Malt Liquor |  10.50% ABV

(Beer added by: bditty187 on 12-29-2006)

Julienbrim, Sep 04, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -33.2%

I've tasted a lot of beers in my time, but this has to be among the worst. I know some people mentioning a head, but it had very little for me. The smell was okay, but the taste was like pure alcohol with a hint of apple to it. If there were any hops in it, they must have floated to the top and been scraped off because I could taste none. The ONLY reason I gave it more than a 1.0 is because you could easily hold your breath and guzzle the stuff down---little carbonation or aftertaste. Skip it!

Uinta, Aug 29, 2014
2.08/5  rDev +11.2%

Lovethemhopps, Aug 27, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -33.2%

This very harsh brew gets tastier as one drinks more of it. It has a strong alcohol smell and a golden appearance with a tolerable head. The flavor is strongly alcoholic and harsh. Camo Black Ice is stinging in the mouth and tough to take at first. However, by the time I was about half way through the 24 oz. can (poured in a pint glass), I began to enjoy it. I prefer milder beers for daily drinking, but this would be something to have from time to time. I felt woozy for about three to four hours after drinking this. It’s rough.

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Aug 16, 2014

ChugMan, Aug 10, 2014

I'm sorry, I haven't even wrote a review in a long time but I just had to log in to write this.
This is with out a doubt the WORST BEER I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. Its even an insult to call it beer or malt liquor because it is not in the same league as any other one I've tried.
Imagine taking old dirty wet socks and a bunch of leaves that you raked up, putting them together and adding lake water and letting it ferment and soak up all the flavor. Thats what this tastes like. It looks horrible, smells horrible, tastes, mouthfeel overall horrible.
Now for all the winos out there. This stuff is potent and will get you drunk very quickly so if thats your main goal and you can tolerate the taste, more power to you.
Note that Camo Silver Ice is 10.6% so just a bit stronger if your looking for that bang for your buck.
All in all awful beverage. You've been warned.

TooManyShots, Jul 07, 2014

brewlover517, Jun 30, 2014
1.59/5  rDev -15%

If you like blowing shit flakes out of your ass every hour for a few days, give Camo BI a try.

It's good times.

Looks like piss.

Tastes like sweat.

Feels like dirty bath water

Overall- highly recommended. Make sure to drink outside while walking where people can see you. This is a beer that give you INSTANT cred' and says, "FUCK EVERYONE!"

OldRickSputin, Jun 25, 2014

SteveJeremy, May 15, 2014
2.34/5  rDev +25.1%

one of those beers that was given to me as a gag gift awhile back, sat in my fridge for some time, and finally got opened out of curiosity. the looks of it are really nice actually, clear golden in color with an inch of reasonably well lasting head, pure white, and leaving lacing as i swirl it. the nose isn't bad either, not at all. slightly stale and rather sweet barley and dextrose aromas, and some slight metallic oddness, but nothing way off, and not at all super boozy. the flavor is another story. the first sip is rather pleasant, i surprisingly taste grain first. it gets worse from their though. the second sip reveals a ton of sweetness, unnatural and very dense, while the third sip shows just how alcoholic it is. its a mess, and downright revolting by the third sip, more can than beer at this point. honestly on the whole its better than anticipated for so long, but the huge can and huge booze makes me timid. this would be warm by the end of it, which totally turns my guts around.carbonation is fine though the body is sweet and big. lager yeast flashes in, an odd appearance, and I'm wondering why so much residual sugar, just sloppy technique by whatever factory produced this thing. serves a purpose i guess, but not a purpose i hope to ever have...

StonedTrippin, May 11, 2014
1.75/5  rDev -6.4%

BreweryRun, May 04, 2014

anon, Feb 08, 2014
1.35/5  rDev -27.8%

Picked up in Wyoming mostly for morbid curiosity. How good can it be? Got to see some bad countries on the Earth to appreciate how great most of North America and Europe are compared to most of Africa.

But I have had Super Brew 15 in my mouth so I know bad when I put it in my mouth.

Poured in a glass just to be fair and like most malt liquor it does a passable job at looking like a lager. Clear gold with a small momentary white colored head.

Smells fruity as in fusel alcohol from beer fermented hot and fast. Malty and toffee candy. It is a bit spicy and I got the smell nailed. This smells like spiced caramel apple. There is a strong apple butter scent to this. Might actually give this some credit except I know what Fusel Alcohol does for hangovers. But to be honest doesn't smell that bad.

Moment of truth the taste.

Starts of thin and boozy. Tastes a lot like apple cider. And that is about it, tastes like Vodka and apple juice.

Mouthfeel is thin and the carbonation boils off pretty quick.

Overall this is a beer meant for hardcore alcoholics and college dorm parties.

But you already knew what you were buying a bad beer when you purchased it.

6 OZ drank 18 OZ to clean out the drain.

Zorro, Jan 30, 2014

dubmax, Nov 21, 2012

shinerod, Oct 29, 2012
3.4/5  rDev +81.8%

Subjective tastes:
Wife: tastes like bourbon...hates!
Me: Tastes like bourbon...loves!

My wife says this beer taste like bourbon...and says she hates it.
I say it taste likes bourbon...and I say I love it!
Draw your own conclusions from this highly "scientific" taste test.
Cheers!