Gluek Golden Light - Cold Spring Brewing Co.

Gluek Golden LightGluek Golden Light

poor

Cold Spring Brewing Co. visit their website
Minnesota, United States

Light Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: TastyTaste on 02-19-2005)
Reviews by happygnome:
happygnome

2.68/5  rDev +48.1%

reviewing from notes:

a: pours a light golden color with about a half inch of head. The head disappeared quickly leaving no lacing. there are a lot of carbonation bubbles rising to the top of the beer.

s: sweet adjunct malts, aluminum aroma. no hop bitterness to balance

t: sweet adjunct malts, no hop bitterness to balance. there is a little cheap can taste

m: light bodied beer with a lot of carbonation

overall, this is a decent cheap light beer but i would not get it again

12-19-2010 20:13:07 | More by happygnome
schoon

Iowa

2.25/5  rDev +24.3%

08-31-2013 21:00:28 | More by schoon
rdub

2.2/5  rDev +21.5%

Looked like your normal macro light lager. Smelled not much like anything. Maybe like water. Taste was what you'd expect from such a cheap beer. Did I mention cheap? Reminded me of college beer. Reminded me of a bad Coors Light. Had one then switched to rum and cokes.

01-13-2008 02:33:56 | More by rdub
Doyle

08-05-2012 03:22:15 | More by Doyle
fizzy

1.55/5  rDev -14.4%

Well, I was suckered by the $3.99/12 pk. I blew more on gas driving to an account today that didn't buy anything so I guess that the universe remains intact. I would say, "stay away", but that will not stop anybody when the price is right. Now, I must say, that the Cold Spring craft beers are really pretty good.

08-11-2008 23:25:59 | More by fizzy
TastyTaste

1.13/5  rDev -37.6%

It's about 10:42 in the morning here, and my head is still pounding from this crap. Another light adjuncty lager, that proudly proclaims "Low Carb" right below the rim of the can. Light yellow in color, fizzy, yellow, not there. Taste isn't much but adjunct nastiness. Not worth it, even at $9.99 a case.

02-19-2005 16:45:16 | More by TastyTaste
nmann08

District of Columbia

05-25-2014 02:56:25 | More by nmann08
mothman

United Kingdom (Wales)

Poured into Bud American Ale glass

Pours a thin fizzy white head. No retention or lace. Color is a an incredibly clear light pale straw yellow.

Aroma: Corn and grain. I also get a banana flavor as well, which I find incredibly odd, but I like it.

Taste: Very subtle banana flavor mixed in with the corn and grain. Not a lot going on here.
Mouthfeel: crisp and bland. Extremely light bodied with a fairly low amount of carbonation. Ends with a very sticky grain flavored aftertaste.

Overall, nothing impressive. Just another cheap college beer. At the price it costs, I will probably buy more of this, as some of my buddies enjoy this light flavorless stuff. Very drinkable (bud-light version).

08-26-2009 04:57:27 | More by mothman
kjyost

Manitoba (Canada)

Perhaps the worst beer I have ever had. Drank straight out of the can at a boys weekend. We bought it due to its price (25 cents / can) and paid the price. The beer had an awful tinny taste to it and had no beer taste.

We drank 5 of the 30 cans and left the rest for the poor maid.

07-11-2008 23:15:20 | More by kjyost
feloniousmonk

1.33/5  rDev -26.5%

Aren't I the luckiest fella? Another night at work, another confiscated can for some cheap bastard....and this time it's Gluek Golden Light!

Transparent and minimally yellow...no head...

sweet syrupy nose...unappealing....empty.

Taste: none. watery. no flavor, no feeling, no nothing. Zilch, zero, nada. Whoever buys this has been bamboozled, no doubt about it.
Utterly pointless. For suckers only.

You're going down the drain, buddy.

I did this for you, fellas, don't let my efforts be in vain.

05-15-2008 07:49:22 | More by feloniousmonk
Gluek Golden Light from Cold Spring Brewing Co.