Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Quake Chocolate Cream Ale - Cold Spring Brewing Co.

Quake Chocolate Cream Ale

American Double / Imperial Stout |  8.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-28-2002

Reviews by JayDub667:
4.07/5  rDev +26.4%

I had this at least 5 years ago so forgive me if I don't remember everything about this brew. What I DO remember was a very sweet, drinkable beer. The Grocery Outlet in my town had it for a buck for a 22 oz bottle. They occasionally have some really good beers I've never heard of cheap so I bought 2 cases on a whim to take to a party with me... Quite potent and good buzz... I really wish it was still around...

3.54/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4.5

A very light translucent color for a double stout, but what do you expect from Glueks? Almost no head, just little wisps of bubble on the top of the beer. Smell is undobtedly chocolatey, sweet, and frosting-like. Taste is rather indescript, slightly skunky malt flavors with undeniable chocolate flavors. Alcohol is extremely well hidden, if i didn't know, you couldn't convince me this was 8.2% ABV. Mouthfeel is too thin, but this is well worth the $1.59 i paid for a bomber.

2.63/5  rDev -18.3%

It's hard to believe this is 8.2%. It is pretty thin, and easy to drink....no bitterness at all...sweetish with those same vanilla notes I cited in their Red Ale........I prefer the Red to this...this has a bit of a chocolate milk taste to it...maybe skim chocolate milk...I could see some bad things happening if a guy pounded 3 or 4 of these things..

2.85/5  rDev -11.5%

Very little head. Clear, burgandy tone. Cocoa is very evident in the aroma. This beer is truly chocolate all the way through. It doesn't taste really bad, but it doesn't taste like a real beer to me. The bottle says it was produced with darkened chocolate malts. It taste more to me like they made a cream ale and dumped a bunch of chocolate syrup in at the end.

Quake Chocolate Cream Ale from Cold Spring Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.