Joseph Haslinger Lager - Cold Spring Brewing Co.

Joseph Haslinger LagerJoseph Haslinger Lager

Cold Spring Brewing Co. visit their website
Minnesota, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: Mistofminn on 01-08-2009)
Reviews by Mistofminn:
Mistofminn

2.4/5  rDev +15.4%

Ok, first of all, I was scared to drink this. My father found this in the basement. GOD KNOWS how old it is! I've never heard of it, and my father said he hasn't seen it in stores in years. I can only imagine this beer doesn't cellar well, but I'll give it a try anyways...dear god spare me!

Golden in color with a short lived white head. Smells like grains and alcohol, not too pleasant. Unimpressive taste, but surprisingly....not skunky! How? I have no idea. Easy to drink it though, considering it tasted remarkably (surprise!) like water.

Man I hope I don't get sick from this. My dad thought I was crazy for drinking it (I only drank a few ounces and drain poured the rest). I offered a sip to him and he refused. The nerve!

01-08-2009 03:41:08 | More by Mistofminn
ZAP

1.75/5  rDev -15.9%

Pale golden color....begins with rich aromas of caramel apple pie, roasted nuts, brown sugar, and indian spices..then deeper in delicate aromas of orange honey, and a herbed flat bread-like malt which is followed by aroma's of burning cigar embers, peat, and honey roasted nuts....provides a bold round entry to a dryish full body and lingering tobacco, herbal moss, and a honeyed cracker fade with a deft touch of astringent citrus hops.

The taste is rich, velvety and smooth..mildly sweet with chocolate covered espresso accents..Also smoked pepper, baked cherry and rye toast notes evident in abundance with smaller notes of soda noodles, lime starfruit candy, light mollasses, and dried citrus.

Finishes with a prickly pepper and roasted grain-accented fade.

Otherwise pretty unmemorable.

12-02-2009 06:13:34 | More by ZAP
Joseph Haslinger Lager from Cold Spring Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.