Follow our progress ...

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Added by thagr81us on 02-05-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 11
3.96/5  rDev -1.7%

"Siren Noire Imperial Stout brewed with Cocoa Nibs aged in Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrels with Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans served in an English Oak Cask."

Served from English Oak cask (badass!) into a Raleigh Rare & Vintage Beer Tasting snifter. Poured dark brown with a minimal light tan head. There was no lacing evident throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, vanilla, caramel, wood, chocolate, dark fruit, and graham cracker. The flavor was of sweet malt, vanilla, spice, chocolate, pepper, wood, earth, and graham cracker. It had a light feel on the palate with mild carbonation. Overall this was a fairly good brew. I really liked what I found going on in this one. This may have been the biggest surprise that I came across during this festival. It was really well balanced and despite the ABV, very easy to drink. In a way it kind of reminded me of Hunahpu. A well done brew by Heavy Seas and I hope to get to try more varieties of their specialty brews in the future as this one was definitely quite good. Tick.

Heavy Seas - Barrel Aged Siren Noire W/ Vanilla Beans & Oak from Heavy Seas Beer
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.