2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Heavy Seas - Barrel Aged Siren Noire W/ Vanilla Beans & Oak - Heavy Seas Beer

Heavy Seas - Barrel Aged Siren Noire W/ Vanilla Beans & Oak
No picture uploaded.

Heavy Seas Beer visit their website
Maryland, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: thagr81us on 02-05-2013)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 6 | Reviews: 1 | Show All Ratings:
thagr81us

South Carolina

3.96/5  rDev -7.7%

"Siren Noire Imperial Stout brewed with Cocoa Nibs aged in Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrels with Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans served in an English Oak Cask."

Served from English Oak cask (badass!) into a Raleigh Rare & Vintage Beer Tasting snifter. Poured dark brown with a minimal light tan head. There was no lacing evident throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, vanilla, caramel, wood, chocolate, dark fruit, and graham cracker. The flavor was of sweet malt, vanilla, spice, chocolate, pepper, wood, earth, and graham cracker. It had a light feel on the palate with mild carbonation. Overall this was a fairly good brew. I really liked what I found going on in this one. This may have been the biggest surprise that I came across during this festival. It was really well balanced and despite the ABV, very easy to drink. In a way it kind of reminded me of Hunahpu. A well done brew by Heavy Seas and I hope to get to try more varieties of their specialty brews in the future as this one was definitely quite good. Tick.

Serving type: cask

02-05-2013 18:16:49 | More by thagr81us
Heavy Seas - Barrel Aged Siren Noire W/ Vanilla Beans & Oak from Heavy Seas Beer
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.