Red - Buffalo Brewpub

Red
No picture uploaded.

Buffalo Brewpub visit their website
New York, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: wailingwench on 10-03-2004)
Reviews by HopDerek:
3.73/5  rDev +42.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured a deep amber with red hues in the light. A small cream colored head upon arrival left little lacing. Smells of caramel and citrus. Tastes of honey, caramel, a touch of cut grass, and roasted malt, with a grapefruit finish. Medium in body with low carbonation, smooth with a crisp tingling citrus finish. A good red ale with lots of sweet malt character and a nice citrus finish though a little unbalanced and with a lack of carbonation that makes it syrupy towards the end.

HopDerek, Mar 24, 2008
1.5/5  rDev -42.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I'm going to be harsh on NY's oldest brewpub.

Eye Candy: The Amber, Red, and Oktoberfest are exactly the same color and clarity. Resembles a colored glass of water. No head to speak of, no lacing, nothing. Not even carbonation bubbles.

The Nose Knows: Sweet malts upfront with a nice roasted finish.

Tongueland: Initially, Red holds it own. It has excellent clarity and is very clean tasting. After 15 minutes, the malt sweetness morphed into a syrupy sweetness that made me think that I was drinking beer flavored water. The Red is the same as the Amber. I couldn't tell the difference. I would venture that the Red is the Amber with some food coloring added to it.

Bender Factor: Buffalo Brewpub is rumored to be an extract brewery. I went there with an open mind and was looking forward to purchasing their Oktoberfest, as I had sampled it at the Buffalo Brewfest. I began to get suspicious of their beers, which led me to try most of them before I gave up and went down the road to Pizza Plant.

I can honestly say that I will never purchase their house beers again. They have recieved subpar ratings on other sites and there have been similar complaints. Buffalo Brewpub should let Custom Brewcrafters brew their house beers.

wailingwench, Oct 03, 2004
Red from Buffalo Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.