Oktoberfest - Buffalo Brewpub

Oktoberfest
No picture uploaded.

Buffalo Brewpub visit their website
New York, United States

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  ABV ?

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: wailingwench on 10-03-2004)
Reviews by WesWes:
3.18/5  rDev +35.9%

The beer pours a golden/amber color with a thin offwhite head that fades to lacing. The aroma is decent. It has a dry, yet malty scent that boasts of light caramel and Munich malts. The taste is average. It has a pretty nice malt bill that consists of pale, Munich, and crystal malts. The problem however is the off flavor in the finish. Again, I'd have to say it's a yeast issue, but I'm not sure. The mouthfeel is fine. It is a medium/full bodied beer with adequate carbonation. This is a pretty nice seasonal minus the yeast issue. It's dry, but just malty enough.

WesWes, Nov 05, 2008
1.5/5  rDev -35.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I'm going to be harsh on NY's oldest brewpub.

Eye Candy: The Amber, Red, and Oktoberfest are exactly the same color and clarity. Resembles a colored glass of water. No head to speak of, no lacing, nothing. Not even carbonation bubbles.

The Nose Knows: Roasted malts with a medium spice: allspice/ nutmeg.

Tongueland: Initially, Oktoberfest holds it own. It has excellent clarity and is very clean tasting. After 15 minutes, the roasted malts and spices morphed into a syrupy sweetness that made me think that I was drinking beer flavored water. The Oktoberfest is the same as the Amber, which is the same as the Red. I couldn't tell the difference. I would venture that the Oktoberfest is the Amber with some food coloring and spices added to it.

Bender Factor: Buffalo Brewpub is rumored to be an extract brewery. I went there with an open mind and was looking forward to purchasing their Oktoberfest, as I had sampled it at the Buffalo Brewfest. I began to get suspicious of their beers, which led me to try most of them before I gave up and went down the road to Pizza Plant.

I can honestly say that I will never purchase their house beers again. They have recieved subpar ratings on other sites and there have been similar complaints. Buffalo Brewpub should let Custom Brewcrafters brew their house beers.

wailingwench, Oct 03, 2004
Oktoberfest from Buffalo Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.