Porter - High Street Brewery & Cafe (McMenamins)

No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

High Street Brewery & Cafe (McMenamins) visit their website
Oregon, United States

American Porter |  ABV ?

Beer added by: kdoc8 on 03-13-2007

Reviews by kdoc8:
1.85/5  rDev -20.6%

I had this on tap at the McMenamin's on High St. in Eugene, OR. It was a deep brown-red-black color with a thin creamy head. It had a very strong and unique smell - almost like metal...kind of odd. The taste was strangely bitter and lots of citrus for a porter, and I didn't get any coffee or chocolate flavors that they claim it should have. Mostly just a bitter citrus flavor. Maybe the hops overwhelmed the malt in this batch?

2.22/5  rDev -4.7%

I had a glass of this during my visit to the brewpub. It is dark brown with a beige head.

The nose is of roasted malts, dark fruit and an unfortunate funk that reminds me of dirty lines.

Unfortunately, the taste followed the smell. The bones of the beer seemed in place, but I was distracted by a sour almost metallic background taste. It really made me glad I ordered the 7 oz glass instead of the pint.

The mouth was average almost bordering on thin. Drinkablity suffers from the taste and smell..

3.5/5  rDev +50.2%

Porter from High Street Brewery & Cafe (McMenamins)
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.