Hop Project #47 | Yazoo Brewing Company

Hop Project #47Hop Project #47

Yazoo Brewing Company
Tennessee, United States | website

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Citra and Columbus and Nugget for bittering; Citra and Columbus at 30 min; Columbus and Magnum for aroma.

Added by kaips1 on 04-23-2011

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 5
3.67/5  rDev +1.9%

Review from notes. Thanks to THECPJ for splitting it with me.

A: Poured a clear amber/orange with a tight, off-white, one finger head with nice retention and moderate lacing.

S: Light citrus aromas, some orange and grapefruit as well as a little bit of lemon. Subtle caramel and grainy malt on the backend.

T: Similar to the aroma with some light citrus, some pineapple, orange peel, and a hint of pine. A bit heavier on the malt than I was expecting, almost like an ESB in a way, caramel and a little bit of toffee.

M: Medium bodied with some prickly carbonation. Very smooth.

O: My first beer from Yazoo, and certainly want some more! A solid IPA, and I think its really cool how they continually change their IPA. Very fun.

3.3/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Reviewed from notes thanks goes out to Bmoyer0301 for sending this one my way and one step closer to finishing the final 5 states.

appearance: copper orange with a 1 finger head

smell: caramel, sweet, malty, little hop presence

taste: sweet, caramel, malts

mouthfeel: mild carbonation, medium body

overall: wish the hop presence was a little bit more profound. other then that it was a pretty decent ipa.

cheers,
The CPJ

3.91/5  rDev +8.6%

12oz bottle from a trade with haddon into a sam a pint glass, thanks man. I assume this is hop project #47 cause I'm pretty sure it's the 4 on the week thing marked.

A-a nice solid paleish amber color that resulted in a nice 2 finger frothy white head. A very clear beer.
S- a nice amount of citrus in this, I suppose it's from the citra hops according to yazoo's blog
T- it's a straight up great ipa, lots of bitter hops up from and through to almost end, I'm getting a taste I can't place but I like
M- lots of tingle, this a lively fresh ipa that bites almost to the end, I like it
O/D- it's a great beer Im wondering what the abv is but it's definitly a very drinkable beer of more than one or two, I want more so I can test this therory.

Great beer good job yazoo I'd like to try more hop projects

Hop Project #47 from Yazoo Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.