Onward Stout - Cherry - Yazoo Brewing Company

Tennessee, United States

Irish Dry Stout |  3.80% ABV

Beer added by: Nashvillain on 09-03-2011

2.48/5  rDev n/a

Pours pitch black, no bubbles, no head. This is about the fourth pour. Brooding and lifeless.

Smell is somewhat empty. Dark malts. I thought I got a little cherries, but that could be my brain's power of suggestion over my nose.

Taste is a lot like regular Onward but without any cherries anything that makes Onward palatable. I have no idea why I thought a Dry Irish Stout in a cask would ever work. Take all of the creamy carbonation iconic to the style (especially if on nitro) and throw it in the trash, then add a weird light tart/sour that's either bad cherries or the beginnings of an infection reminiscent of the 8/2010 batch of Sue. Love that these guys are sticking their necks out a bit but this just did not work. Brett Favre IPA please.

Onward Stout - Cherry from Yazoo Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.