Hop Project #67 - Yazoo Brewing Company

American IPA |  ABV ?

Beer added by: FosterJM on 09-14-2012

3.95/5  rDev n/a

12oz bottle into nonic

A: slightly clouded honey orange with 1 inch of off-white head that disappeared relatively quickly but left a solid line of lace around the edge, no significant carbonation visible

S: hops! smells very green like opening a bag of hops and sticking your head inside. white pepper notes, a little citrus rind, lemon and mint

T: grapefruit rind, apricot, mint-like astringency, lemony brightness and then the caramel malts come out in the end but don't really stay around too long.

M: medium body with just enough carbonation to clean it all up and leave a semi-dry finish

O: I like this beer. If you told me this was a beer's name had the words "hop harvest" in it then I would not be surprised. It really captures that moment after you open a bag of hops and your whole body jumps and your mouth salivates, just a little. Good work. (861 characters)

4.05/5  rDev n/a

To start: I am a huge fan of the folks at Yazoo. I love the hop project with all my heart. An IPA that changes from month to month is a great thing for a Southern hophead. However, this one was not even close to my favorite. My high numbers reflect my love of IPAs and the project as a whole. The beer is better than some homebrew I have made but in no way reflects the quality that something made by such a wonderful brewery in my favorite style should possess. Looking forward to #68. (486 characters)

3.36/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

1513th Review on BA
Bottle to Piraat Tulip
12oz

Bottled 08/21/12
Thanks to BrandonBrew for this

App- A very good looking beer. Huge sunset and orange colors. A good two finger tannish/white head with amazing cling. A good density behind it and a bit of a glower in the center of the glass.

Smell- I've decided that I dont like munich malts. They just dont do it for me and when I smell it's too lagerish for me. This beer was good after some hop notes behind it popped and its quite malty. A little spicy and balanced.

Taste- I hate to say this but I am really not feeling this. The beer itself is just average and seems like it didnt turn out right. Its hoppy and semi citrus but a bit too thick and has this lager malt thing I am not digging on. Its pretty average for me.

Mouth- A lighter medium body with a lighter creamy medium carbonation. A large amount of lager and caramel malts and a bit of sweetness are the residual flavors.

Drink- Its semi-tasty IMO, but just too much of a lager/ipa blend for me. Might be a good intro beer for someone trying to jumping from lagers to ales as a good gateway beer. (1,134 characters)

Hop Project #67 from Yazoo Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.