Victoria Frost - Industrial Cervecera S.A. / Compañía Cervecera De Nicaragua

Beer added by: puboflyons on 11-21-2009

to view more.
Ratings: 10 | Reviews: 4
3.53/5  rDev +40.1%

Yo, it's a CANtastic day for yours truly and between Chaz and Tone77 (who brought this one back for me), I am a CANquistador! In fact, given this one's origin, I am a CANdinista! I mean no ill will to the Nicaraguans plus I got the police on my back.

From the CAN (translated from the Spanish): "Cold Filtered"; "Quality That Refreshes".

The Crack & Glug came off without a hitch, producing nearly two fingers of rocky, bone-white head with low retention. Color was a light lemon-yellow with NE-plus quality clarity, allowing me to see into the future. Nose had a slight sourness to it, but no vegetable qualities. An actual APL?!? Mouthfeel was on the thin side, but the taste was clean, if not terribly fulfilling. It was like what I imagine a cheap lager was like before Prohibition. The finish was semi-dry and pleasant. I would have it again if it were the local beer of choice, but I would not seek it out.

3.09/5  rDev +22.6%

After a hot day in Granada I am back at the hostel and ready for a cold beer. Pourd from a 12 oz. can. Has a pale yellow color with a one half inch head. Smell is of malts, a touch of grain. Taste is crisp, malts, refreshing but nothing special. Feels light in the mouth and overall is a decent beer.

2.13/5  rDev -15.5%

When visiting Nicaragua this is the third most available beer after Tona and Victoria. This is probably a good thing.

A_Clear bottled, straw colored with really no head to speak of. If you like the looks of Corona, you would like this.

S_Glass bottled skunk.

T_On all three times I tried this it was unmistakably skunky.

M_Typical light bodied lager, good for the warm weather.

D_Really skunked, the glass bottle in a warm environment makes for a pretty bad beer

2.95/5  rDev +17.1%

From the 355 ml.clear bottle numbered 030310-1453A6. Sampled on November 20, 2009. This was given to me by a friend whose homeland is Nicaragua. I do not know if you can get this in the USA. The pour is golden-yellow with no head to speak of. The aroma tends to be malty and slightly sweet. The mouthfeel is thin and a bit watered down and nothing to write home about. The taste tends to be corny but also vaguely hopped. Overall this was a medicore experience. It tasted like a malted Corona.

to view more.