India Pale Ale - Ice Harbor Brewing Company

Ice Harbor Brewing Company visit their website
Washington, United States

Beer added by: woemad on 09-27-2005

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last

I previously sampled this beer in a 12 ounce bottle so I resampled from the tap at the brewery pub in Kennewick, WA.

A: It poured rich golden color with an orange tint and white head. The head had good retention and produced a consistent lacing.

S: It had fresh herbal aromas that included spicy earthy aromas with a touch of lightly toasted malts. The aroma of hops is so dominant.

T: It began with a massive hop assault that was bitter and tangy. There are sharp spice flavors that are followed by a soothing and sweet malts. There was a slight but not distasteful bitter aftertaste.

M: Light to medium body with a bitter front, malty sweet middle and spicy end.

D: I am not a IPA fan but this one is very drinkable. I enjoyed the keg variation more than the bottle.

Purchased a 6-pk for $7.89 at Yoke's in Kennewick. I've since discovered a sixer at the brewery is about a buck cheaper, so I'd reccomend picking it up there instead.

Poured a hazy orange/amber color into a SA BL pintglass (thanks again Bros & SA). Big, thick off-white head that took several minutes to drop and left "neglige" of lace on the sides of the glass.

The nose is tart and citrusy, with a bit of pineyness present as well. This is dryhopped with Amarillo hops, so if you dig that hop, this will please you.

This has a sharp, tart citrusy taste, along with some piney notes. There's a biscuity malt backbone that, while detectable, is properly subordinate to the hops.

Medium bodied, with a prickly and oily mouthfeel.

This, along with Laughing Dog's IPA, is one of my favorite session IPAs. I usually pick up a sixer when I visit the Tri-Cities. I'm deleting my previous review, as it's long since become apparent I had a bad bottle.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last