Karma Chameleon - Feral Brewing Co.

Karma Chameleon
No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Feral Brewing Co. visit their website
Australia

American Black Ale |  10.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Kroehny_Loves_Hops on 07-17-2014)
Reviews by Kroehny_Loves_Hops:
4.75/5  rDev n/a

4.4/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

So guess who did a “tap takeover” at Transit Bar in Canberra? None other than Feral, hands down the best overall craft brewer in Australia! Unfortunately I had to ride my motorcycle in so I was limited to two beers: Watermelon Warhead and Karma Chameleon were my choices. I was not disappointed with this Black IPA. The latest beer trend to hit Aussie craft shores, Black India Pale Ales are a mix of Stout and you guessed it: IPA. Personally I think they rock but IPAs/APAs are still my favourite styles.

Poured from a tap into a 285ml middy (largest size they can legally sell!).

A: Black body, black as a Black IPA on a dark and stormy night, with a tan half centimetre head sticks around well. If Darth Vader ordered a beer it would probably look as menacing as this. 9/10.

S: Hoppy with pine/citric notes and a big roasted espresso malt base, it is Black IPA all the way baby. 8/10.

T: Intense tropical/citric hop notes (like an amped up Hop Hog) mixed with roasted barley and espresso coffee. Finishes with a very even hop bitterness. Damn tasty. The sort of brew that makes you want to say "Sheeit!" in a Samuel L Jackson voice. Pure awesome sauce. 9/10.

M: Mid to heavy bodied with a viscous hop oil feel and a light carbonation. The mouthfeel and body makes it even more moreish, if that is possible (or grammatically correct). 9/10.

D: Liquid gold, Texas tea, the stars have aligned for Feral and this is hands down the best Black IPA I've had so far, and I don’t think it will be beaten by any of the others I have waiting to be reviewed. It has the perfect balance between a Stout and an IPA (specifically their fine Hop Hog, which is already near the top of my list of favourite beers). Damn Feral, you did good! If I ever see this in bottles = instabuy + 1 case. 9/10.

Food match: Serve with that great American classic: BBQ pork spare ribs. You will not be disappointed.

3.75/5  rDev n/a

Karma Chameleon from Feral Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.