Faust Festbier - Brauhaus Faust-Miltenberger

Faust FestbierFaust Festbier

Brauhaus Faust-Miltenberger visit their website
Germany

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: paterlodie on 05-18-2005)
Reviews by fdrich29:
3.65/5  rDev -6.2%

Another Faust offering from Beeradvocate.com's German Beer Festival in 2007. As always, I feel fortunate to have been able to bring some of these home after the Fest.

I'm continuing my Sunset Grill mood by enjoying this beer from their "Life is too short to drink cheap beer" glass that has the skeleton on the front and states "111 Taps" and "400 Micros". I wish I had a plate of their nachos right now. Mmmm....nachos.

Appearance: Quite Kolsch-like, which strikes me as odd. Ample, rich, white head that fizzled to nearly nothing rather quickly. Could be the age of the beer, or perhaps my glass wasn't spic and span. Faust has been making amazing beers for centuries, I'm not about to place the blame on them.

Smell: Straw, slight hops (I think) and wee bit of malt. Perhaps some fruit?

Taste: Slight hop bitterness, malt

Mouthfeel: sticky, but not in a bad way

I had a hard time really nailing down my impression of this beer. I think the style threw me for a loop a bit. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to try it, and enjoyed the beer, but I probably wouldn't seek it out again. This doesn't diminish the respect I have for Faust, just a reflection of this offering.

fdrich29, Feb 17, 2008
3.68/5  rDev -5.4%

Half-litre flip-top bottle (BBD 24 Jan 2013) poured into an Abbot Ale glass tankard @ home on 12 Nov 2012. The bottle was one of many different beers picked up at the excellent beer shop called 'Bier und Weinbrand Ecke' in Wuerselen: a kind of suburb of Aachen.

Bright, light amber body with a full head of white foaming bubbles on top: plenty of carbonisation bubbles rising through the body, looked good.

The nose isn't strong: mild notes of sweet molasses, hop fruitiness and traces of honey, the latter only as the beer warms a little in the glass.

The taste is semi-malt sweet, again with honey arriving as the beer warmed. This is just about the sweetest Marzen I've ever tasted, but I liked it.

Might be a bit thin body wise but it is easy to drink and I would have happily had another and another if I'd bought more than one bottle.

BlackHaddock, Nov 12, 2012
3.83/5  rDev -1.5%

A rather odd scoring, but let me explain.

In terms of color, a very light pale gold. Not what I like in Marzens, but not terribly wrong for the style. It is rather widespread.

Smell is hoppy.

Taste is also hoppy with crisp clean malt flavor as well. The ale is very smooth yet crisp. Goes down very easy. I can see why it is considered a festbier.

Finishes very clean.

Freshie, Oct 18, 2007
4.38/5  rDev +12.6%

BB 23-09-05 Great poorout and wonderfull presentation with forever lasting head. Thick laces when going down litle. Nose is as wonderfull and nicely balanced. Fresh and fruity, full malty for a blonde and good hopnose. Taste is as great also being full malty, litle maltsweet, and fruity with good and very fine bitterness following. This is making love with my tasting buds and hell yes: the ideal festbeer IMHO.

paterlodie, May 18, 2005
Faust Festbier from Brauhaus Faust-Miltenberger
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.