Faust Hefeweizen Dunkel - Brauhaus Faust-Miltenberger

Faust Hefeweizen DunkelFaust Hefeweizen Dunkel

Brauhaus Faust-Miltenberger visit their website
Germany

Dunkelweizen |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: Jason on 08-11-2007)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Faust Hefeweizen Dunkel Alström Bros
DrunkinYogi

Connecticut

02-06-2014 04:55:21 | More by DrunkinYogi
beerbuddy11735

4.86/5  rDev +12.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I found this new at my local beer store and tried the dunkel before trying the hefe and dopplebock which were in the same case. Swing top bottle and poured nicely with a dark creamy head. Slight notes of banana and creamy mouthfeel with mild carbonation. Would rate Miltenberger dunkel as one of my favorites.

09-20-2013 09:39:22 | More by beerbuddy11735

4.25/5  rDev -1.4%

11-13-2012 03:37:25 | More by damngoode
BeerAdvocate

4.22/5  rDev -2.1%

Beer review from BA Mag Dec 2007.

Germany is so much more than mass-produced pilsners and Oktoberfest. Why focus on only a handful when there are over 1,200 German breweries to explore? Faust is one of those breweries that should be explored.

Mild haze in a brownish amber-colored brew. Good foaming from a stiff pour, head retention is remarkable. A whole nose full of bready aromas, toasted grain, fresh-cut hay and some stock feed with a very slight ripe banana and even fainter clove note. Medium body with a sublime crispness. A tad fruity with pear and very faint banana flavors. Nutty yeast and watery clove have a very thin layer of complexity over the stodgy bready malt character. Sizeable twang of fermented wheat hits right in the middle and wakes up the palate. Minimal hops, nutty yeast. The finish drops in at semidry with a long path of dry malt flavor and slightly expressive fruitiness.

This beer is so damn pleasing, complex but easy on the palate. Drinkable as well. An amazing beer all around, just goes to show you that not every hefeweizen has to be a clove and banana bomb.

08-01-2010 13:49:47 | More by BeerAdvocate
fdrich29

4.55/5  rDev +5.6%

Received this swing-top bottle following Beeradvocate.com's German Beer Festival. I poured this for the Speaker Session and loved it. I was very lucky to score a few bottles after the Fest. Shared one with my Father-in-law, who is of German descent and I'm drinking this one on my own.

"Brauhaus Faust Zu Miltenberg 1654 Weizen Dunken" 1654, man the US is so young.

Enjoyed this brew from the oldest Sunset Grill Glass in my collection, "So many beers, so little time" in small, red lettering boasting "115 Taps" on the back.

Appearance: Frothy, bubbly white head. We hardly knew ye, it didn't last very long. Apple cider hued body

Smell: I'm a huge fan of Hefe Weizen, and when I poured this beauty I was immediately knocked over by the aroma, fruity, malt...quite enticing.

Taste: Malt, banana, clove, fruity goodness

Mouthfeel: Full and clean

Drinkability: A very special beer to be savored and drank on special occaisions.

Can't say enough about how much I enjoy this beer. Absolutely fantastic.

02-17-2008 22:38:51 | More by fdrich29
JohnGalt1

Idaho

4.03/5  rDev -6.5%

Cool flip-top from PEBKAC ... sent as part of a 14 bottle Christmas present!! Poured into my smaller weizen glass.

Big 2" head... atop a hazy chesnut brew.. not much light escaping through the yeast haze... head drops pretty quickly for a weizen.

Aroma is lite caramel bananas and some pink bubblegum... spicy yeast notes... Man I wish I knew more about German weizens.. this one is complex for sure.

Flavor is creamy bananas and significant cloves ... earthy hop notes with more bubblegum and bananas on the close.. more than enough caramel sweetness to keep everything cohesive... low cocoa.. and an interesting and unexpected dry wheat finish.

Very drinkable and bursting lite/medium viscosity... pretty creamy.

Crap, I corked this one not knowing how rare it was!! Now I wish I would have saved it to share with some friends that really appreciate German wheats; that being said, I am also very happy that I savored this one by myself... HUGE props to Adam... we will do business again.

01-07-2008 09:54:53 | More by JohnGalt1
Freshie

4.33/5  rDev +0.5%

Very dark and murky brown, with thin wispy head.

Smell is clove, and dark fruit. Bit of yeast.

The taste is malty sweet. Hop bite is slight. Fruit flavor, banana is present, and gets stronger as you drink, and let sit.

Finishes very clean, and doesn't stick in the mouth. This makes the ale very drinkable.

Mt favorite thus far from Faust.

10-03-2007 01:58:44 | More by Freshie
Faust Hefeweizen Dunkel from Brauhaus Faust-Miltenberger
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.