Cerveza Caguama - Cerveceria La Constancia S.A. / BevCo Ltd

awful

Cerveceria La Constancia S.A. / BevCo Ltd visit their website
El Salvador

Light Lager |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-20-2002)

jwg782, Dec 06, 2013
1.5/5  rDev -32.4%

BWH999, Dec 01, 2013

beerrat, Nov 30, 2013

KevinDanger23, Nov 08, 2013
2.36/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Aroma: one word, very grassy, ... Ok that was two words.

Taste: Grassy, very slight, almost unnoticeable nutty taste.

Feel: okay carbonation, really coats the mouth.

Look: it's all about taste in my book, but here we go... Very thin head, half a finger thick, clear, sorry but only color I can compare it to is a pee like gold like yellow.

Overall, it's an okay beer, cheap and drinkable. Very strong grassy note, not really an impressive beer. This one is forgettable.

Xalkalinex, Oct 13, 2013

ImperatorScab, Oct 05, 2013
2.5/5  rDev +12.6%

TheAmazingRand0970, Aug 12, 2013

TwoTrees, Aug 06, 2013
2.58/5  rDev +16.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

A - pale, see through yellow with a ton of carbonation bubbles but with a short, soapy head that disappears as fast as it forms

S - grainy, musty, grassy

T - grassy, cereal grains, mild bitter finish; the flavor is incredibly light

M - light bodied, crisp, well carbonated

This is your typical Mexican style lager. The flavor is so light that it borders on nonexistent. It's refreshing, but besides that this is completely forgettable. I'll pass in the future.

tdm168, Jul 29, 2013
2.75/5  rDev +23.9%

khargro2, Jul 21, 2013
2.75/5  rDev +23.9%

slimpickens101, Jun 29, 2013

joebedford, Jun 22, 2013
4.78/5  rDev +115.3%

If you enjoy a beer that does not leave a after tast in your mouth. That does not give you a headache, and is tolerable at room temperature.

The price has gone up 5.00 in the past couple years. I guess there are more people enjoying it everyday.

Considering I live in Tucson, AZ. That might have something to do with the growing demand.

The stores can't seem to keep it on the shelf here.

thank you, always make it a great day.

juZzdOiT, Jun 18, 2013

kjkinsey, Jun 15, 2013
4.8/5  rDev +116.2%

Cheap, decent, Caguama

At this price point it is by far the best lager on the market imo.

Pale yellow, pleasant smell of pale malt with almost no hops. It's slightly citrusy on the nose. Taste follows the nose to a T and that is fantastic. Mouthfeel is very smooth. Perfect amount of carbonation.

Overall, grab this if you want something cheap. Forget the domestic cheap stuff cuz Caguama destroys them.

TheFlern, May 05, 2013
1.45/5  rDev -34.7%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Seen this at my local Kroger and thought I would give it a shot.

As someone who prefers micro-brews but is not a snob to the macros, I was severely disappointed with this one.

Out of all the beers I have had in my life this one definitely has to take the cake as one of the worst.

Upon opening of the large 32 oz bottle, an awful aroma filled the air and quickly diminished. It appears like a light refreshing Sol or Corona, but I was soon to be disappointed.

Taste directly from the bottle tastes of a poor malt liquor. No notes of anything except for high malt. The aftertaste is definitely that nasty malty/metallic that you get toward the end of a 40 oz.

I may have just had a skunked version of this beer, but I am not even close to half and it is barely sippable.

importedfromdet, Apr 19, 2013
2.25/5  rDev +1.4%

harpus, Apr 02, 2013
1.75/5  rDev -21.2%

valkyre65, Mar 31, 2013
3.75/5  rDev +68.9%

RedOdin, Jan 22, 2013
2.03/5  rDev -8.6%

Picked this up in bottle form from the local Kroger since they have begun carrying it and allowing sample packs.

Looks very pale

The smell instantly turned my nose up and made my house stink.

The taste was just average and nothing to right home about, it just tasted like alcohol no real flavor.

This is just an ok beer over all, glad I only bought the single bottle. I could drink it but won't be buying it again.

hdf561, Dec 30, 2012

1.75/5  rDev -21.2%

beerpadawan, Aug 27, 2012
2.53/5  rDev +14%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This came to me courtesy of KevSal and the early goings of New CANned Beer Sunday are centering around lagers, blonde ales, golden lagers, and the ilk. If I CAN hang in, IPAs, DIPAs and bigger beers will get their due later in the day. In the meantime, low and slow is the way to go!

Hey, don't tell me that The CANQuest (TM) isn't making me smarter! That isn't just any old garden variety turtle on the CAN/label, that is a Loggerhead (Lagerhead) and given its average lifespan, they may outlive me at the rate that I am going. Not to be morbid, but given my imbibing, I am probably foreshortening my lifespan. That is OK, since I would prefer a well-lived life than a long-lived life. Life fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse. At 47 y/o, I am no longer young and nobody ever referred to me as "pretty". Oh well. Here's to my new-found terrapin buddy!

From the CAN(!): "Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the Great Loggerhead Turtle in warm tropical waters. It was tribal belief that this powerful turtle, also known as the 'Caguama', symbolized good fortune for the fisherman's village. It's our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the 'Caguama'. Salud!" Does that appear on the label of your bottle? Hmmm.

I was anxious to greet El Caguama and went to a quick Crack followed by an inverted Glug, resulting in a finger of fizzy, bone-white foam that quickly dissipated. Color was a pale lemon-yellow with a good bit of carbonation in evidence. A Greg Koch Special and if that marks me as a "sissy", so be it. Until Stone begins to CAN their beers, I will CANtinue to comment on Mr. Koch's comments on my drinking habits. Nose actually had a soft Saaz hops grassiness and my hopes were raised as a result. Mouthfeel was medium and the taste was rather bland, taken as a whole. There was a slight tang, like lemon citrusiness, to accompany the grassy hoppiness. Finish was likewise kind of bland and watery. Perhaps this is just the way that the loggerhead turtle likes it. I CAN only tell you that I was pretty much underwhelmed.

woodychandler, Aug 05, 2012
2.95/5  rDev +32.9%

A thank you to woodychandler for another canned beer. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a very pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is a bit of corn and grains. Taste is heavy on the corn side, nothing great but considering the style any flavor is a good thing. Feels light in the mouth and overall is a mediocre beer.

tone77, Jul 20, 2012