Cerveza Caguama - Cerveceria La Constancia S.A. / BevCo Ltd

awful

Cerveceria La Constancia S.A. / BevCo Ltd visit their website
El Salvador

Light Lager |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-20-2002)
scottblaze

2.5/5  rDev +14.7%

Not much here to say except CHEAP. Local Kroger had it on sale for $12.99/30 pack. In the can, there is no clear bottle skunkiness, smell or taste. Decant with a slice of lime and this is decent cheap sub for Corona on hot day. Or hell, just grab a can, slam it down and go get another one.

Caguama Update: My GF bought some Caguama in the bottle yesterday (8/3/06), I had just opened a New Belgium Blue Paddle and was sipping it. Sitting down wind from her about 3 feet I thought I detected a whiff of skunkiness in the air as she popped the cap on a Caguama, I picked it up and sniffed it....yep....skunk. I didn't say anything to her as she was happily drinking the hell out it, if she is happy I am tickled to death. At least she is experimenting with something besides BMC.

07-30-2006 19:22:19 | More by scottblaze
67cuda

Colorado

1.6/5  rDev -26.6%

I have to say this beer is really probably one of the worst I've ever had... It has no head, an awful smell, and it looks disturbingly similar to horse urine. The clear bottle makes sure that the oddly sweet corn taste has a healthy dose of skunk to go along with it. I would say if you have to have a beer from El Salvador, go with the Pilsener beer from this brewery... it's MUCH MUCH MUCH better!

01-04-2005 01:55:31 | More by 67cuda
Shiloh

Ontario (Canada)

2.13/5  rDev -2.3%

I found this brew to be well below average.
Appearance was a light golden hue with a very slight lace. Carbonation is medium, the bubbles huge. The body is a medium/light at best, leaning towards the light.
Aroma was that of the skunk.
The taste was fairly well balanced with an edge to the malt.
Not an exciting addition to my stable of samples...I think I may have dozed off a few times while tasting but the smell woke me back up.

01-04-2004 22:50:43 | More by Shiloh
RoyalT

Appearance – This was the lightest-colored beer that I have ever seen. It was almost the color of water, except that it had a slight shade of yellow. It was actually lighter than urine.

Smell – This was the stinkiest beer I have ever opened as well. It filled the room with dead skunk. The aroma was absolutely disgusting.

Taste – Oh, God. This was just horrible. Besides the strong skunk flavor, there was a putrid sweetness of sticky candy growing mold underneath a bench seat at a local high school track field.

Mouthfeel – A slight carbonation was all that was offered to distract the drinker from the horrendous flavor.

Drinkability – I couldn’t possibly get through the entire bottle. I swore I would never “one” a bottle, but this is it.

09-18-2003 01:20:59 | More by RoyalT
WVbeergeek

West Virginia

Appears pale golden piss like with a thin highly carbonated head, I suggest a lime or some fruit to do justice to this god awful beer. Aromatics are harsh malts with a tad of sweetness and not really much of anything worth ever trying again. Flavor is just sub Corona in my level one of the worst beers I have ever come across, in my opinion this style of beer has to be the most unpalatable just a harsh unpleasant flavor that needs to be covered up. Clear bottle and thin body plus high carbonation equal nasty beer farts and all the belching you can deliver. Drinkability again well not if this was the last beer on earth, I truly hated this one.

09-01-2003 06:37:08 | More by WVbeergeek
JISurfer

South Carolina

1.65/5  rDev -24.3%

This shtuff was NASTY! I got it, cause I like turtles and I enjoyed the little story on the bottle. Well, I am glad that it was piss cheap, cause it tasted like piss. Skunky smell +skunky taste + wateriness = I am never getting this stuff again. I have had better from that area, so I am not going back. Sorry mr. turtle, "no soup for you!"

08-10-2003 07:58:32 | More by JISurfer
Reidrover

Oregon

1.65/5  rDev -24.3%

Ok wife bought some beer for an upcoming BBQ, unfortunatly i spied a case of this stuff..tried one tonight.
12 oz clear glass bottle with painted label with a turtle on it.
The appearance is pretty bad..urine looking..with a rather bubble head..real unattractive.
This beer smelled awful..as soon as i opened the cap..it just stank bad..not appetizing.
taste is weak but i was releaved it was not as abad as the stench this gives off...just the tatse of cheap corn syrup really.
Not too great in the mouth weak and watery at best disturbingly cloying at worst.
not drinkable at all for me down their with its mentor Corona..now how can i persuade the wife to not give this crap out at the BBQ..mmm

07-10-2003 19:09:43 | More by Reidrover
bditty187

Nebraska

2.35/5  rDev +7.8%

Big, clear 32oz. bottle with a small mouth (very annoying pouring it into a glass). I’d expect this beer to 1) have more reviews and 2) be really popular with the macro-swillers. The macro crowd has to be the target audience for Cerveza Caguama, why? First of all, the nose is muted sweet adjuncts, maybe some kind of malt, and really faint metal. The taste is very bland. Not much hops, plenty of grain, and plenty of sweetness (sugar, corn?). But, in reality, it is not offensive but that doesn’t mean I’d want to drink it. It could make a good session beer for “poor/cheap” people (I snagged the 32oz for under $2.00). The beer poured very pale yellow, white head, good retention, very carbonated.

A thirst quenching beer, awfully light, it is not for me… is it for you?

10-20-2002 15:56:19 | More by bditty187
BeerBob

Nebraska

2.15/5  rDev -1.4%

Cerveza Caguama, The importer is G.K. SKAGGS, INC.

Looks like beer, bubbles like beer and pours like beer and if I use my imagination hard enough it might even taste like beer. This new Cerveza Caguama is the first 3.2% alcohol beer I’ve had since... well, let’s just say since... If there were a category for yellow fizz water, I’d give Cerveza Caguama all fives, but alas, not. Some where, some one (not me) will take Cerveza Caguama home and fall in love with it. Cerveza Caguama is not offensive and has some slight, very slight taste, mostly from the carbonation. The carbonation taste is really not a taste at all, but a sensation of pain, and I’m not into pain. For those you who don’t like the taste of beer, you might actually like this brew.

Light, very light and there is a light version of Cerveza Caguama (unbelievable) that will quench your thirst, as long as that thirst is not for beer.

06-20-2002 22:49:29 | More by BeerBob