Pocket Protector Porter 2.0 - Ska Brewing Co.

Pocket Protector Porter 2.0
No picture uploaded.

Ska Brewing Co. visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Porter |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: mactrail on 06-26-2013)
View: Beers (26) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
WickedSluggy

4.43/5  rDev +11%

Porters are one of my favorite styles, and I loved this one. Good availability in Durango around new years 2013, but I haven't managed to locate this beer elsewhere. I have looked for it and inquired on BeerAdvocate, but no luck. After my first 22 ounce bottle, I came back twice for more, bringing some back to Texas. My review is based on memories because the beer made an impact, but I'm not claiming to recall highly specific characteristics. Hopefully I will have a chance to revise my review with these.

08-07-2013 14:23:42 | More by WickedSluggy
mactrail

Washington

3.55/5  rDev -11%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A guest tap at Flagstaff Brewing Company. This one is brewed with vanilla-beans. Dark brown in the pint shaker. Modest foam that doesn't linger especially long, but the is at least average carbonation in the mouth. The aroma is more of cocoa than vanilla.

A big dose of vanilla is the highlight. It's like chocolate candy with the white creamy center, without the sugar. The base flavor is a warm, roasted grain with lots of dark malt. Some of the charred taste, and a little burnt sugar, though the brew is not especially sweet. An interesting dark brew, though I much prefer the Vinifera stout. The ladies, however, liked this one. I see this came out last Dec. 28, so they must have decided to brew up some more.

06-26-2013 05:11:10 | More by mactrail
Pocket Protector Porter 2.0 from Ska Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.