Ring Of Fire Pepper Ale - Pacific Rim Brewing Co.

Ring Of Fire Pepper Ale
No picture uploaded.

Pacific Rim Brewing Co. visit their website
Washington, United States

Chile Beer |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 07-14-2004)
Reviews by Longstaff:
3.95/5  rDev +11.9%

Holy shit this was THE hottest beer I have ever drank. Tried the 2006 batch which the pepper profile was ramped up compared to previous years. Three kinds of peppers were used including jalepeno and two other red small peppers that I forgot.

Cloudy reddish color with a thin off white head (alki ale is the base). Aromas of strong jalepeno and other hot peppers. Medium mouthfeel and slight sweetness from caramel malt do nothing to balance the heat in this mother f'er. In the words of Raph Wiggum "Tastes like burning!!" - well not really, but the heat is similar to eating really hot peppers that make you sweat and numb your mouth. Very expressive chile pepper aroma and flavor are enticing, but the extreme heat makes it challanging to drink. Took me over 2 hours to drink a 4 oz sample. If I drank a whole pint, I think I would just stand there hallucinating in a puddle of sweat - and then later I would find out what ring of fire really means. They will also mix it down with 75% stout, and even that is over the top.

The most extreme chile beer ever.

Longstaff, May 26, 2006
2.7/5  rDev -23.5%

This is a hard beer to review, pours a very nice amber orange with a light head and not much lacing. The smell is strong of jalapeno pepper, so strong in fact, had to strain to detect hints of fruity esters. The taste is at first very sweet, caramel malts and light orange hit the lips, then the aftertaste you get the peppers, spicy but not overly bad, a weird experience. Feels a little dull and flat in the mouth. The drinkability is just horrible however, I couldn't finish the glass, even though the taste was good, it was one of those things where you can't drink in quanity. I will say this however, the cookability on this beer is excellent. I get a growler of this to cook brats in and also use it as spice in soups, excellent in that regard. Interesting to try.

beertaster13, Jul 14, 2004
3.95/5  rDev +11.9%

Cloudy with a red tint. It ws spiecy for sure and had some nice malt and hops. It was not for me but it was different and I am openminded. The day we were there they were marinating brats in this ber and we hd 4 of them each. They were so good and the beer itself, eventhough not my type, was really good. The aromaand nose was NICe!!!

barleywinefiend, Dec 28, 2007
Ring Of Fire Pepper Ale from Pacific Rim Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.