Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Silent Treatment Pale Ale - No-Li Brewhouse

Silent Treatment Pale AleSilent Treatment Pale Ale

No-Li Brewhouse visit their website
Washington, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.75% ABV

Beer added by: woemad on 09-28-2003

If a tall pine falls in the Palouse and no one is there to hear it… Quietly brewed since 1993 and renamed in 2012 after another brewery gave us the silent treatment over a trademark issue with “Northern Lights,” this Spokane-style Pale lets its generous malt base and imposing use of Cluster and Cascade hops do the talking… No-Lie.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Silent Treatment Pale Ale Alström Bros
firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.77/5  rDev +28.2%

I just have to say I love this beer. This is the first Northern Lights beer I have had and It is great.

I think it could be a bit less cloudy. But the hops really come through in the smell.

The taste is a bit more hoppy than I would have guessed. But being from eastern Washington it should be a bit more hoppy. ( right? ) It is very fresh and light. This is a great beer for a hot day.

I think the mouth feel is right on for a lighter beer like this one.

Drinkability? I wish I had bought more than one that is for sure!!

3.02/5  rDev -18.8%

A: Had this in a bomber I brought back from a trip to Washington. Pours an orangish color with very good sized foamy white head. Good lacing down the glass
S: This was kind of interesting, not sure if it was just me but the smell kind of came and went as I was drinking it. Not too overpowering. Smells of biscut, with citrusy hop scent
T: Malt is overpowered by very bitter hoppiness. Malt kind of comes and goes as well.
M: Slightly dry finish, medium bodied beer
D: Could have a little more maltiness to it, malt is most of the time drounded out by bitter hoppiness.

3.51/5  rDev -5.6%

I picked up a bomber of Northern Lights Pale Ale at a grocery store to taste, review and enjoy. I poured this beer in to a pint tumbler.

Pours a rich gold color and is slightly hazy. A rich foamy white head forms, and is extremely resilient.

The smell is fairly weak but it has a hop aroma, and a bit of a fruity smell.

The taste is well balance between hops and malt, with a little citrus (grapefruit) flavor on the side.

The mouth feel is clean crisp and refreshing.

This is a very drinkable beer. It’s light and refreshing with a nice flavor. I would definitely have Northern Lights Pale Ale again. I’ll probably visit the brew pub soon as well.

3.65/5  rDev -1.9%

The beer was served in a standard pint glass. It was clear copper with an off-white head.

The nose was fresh and was bursting with cascade hops and a nice biscuit smell.

The taste was not quite as good as the smell. It was pleasantly bitter with slight piney taste. It may be a smidgen out of balance, as the malts seemed to go MIA at times.

Nice low levels of carbonation, but the mouth could be a bit creamier. Still a mildly sessionable ale.

3.83/5  rDev +3%

This is an odd brew. It pours a hazy orange with a moderate white head that quickly dissipates, yet leaves behind a tiny layer of foam at the top. There is a strong hop presence in the scent. One gets notes of citrus fruits and juniper.
The taste is dominated by hops. My brother, who hates IPAs and big hoppyness in general (yet loves Sierra Nevada's Pale - go figure) thought this was an IPA due to the level of hoppines. While I think its quite hoppy for something labeled as just a Pale Ale, the citrusy zing of an IPA would last longer than it does with this beer. Perhaps this could be called an "IPA Lite." While this beer's style stradling makes me scratch my head, it is refreshing. I am grading it down a little due to the fact that it just doesn't seem like a true Pale Ale. My bottle was a bomber purchased at Jim's Homebrew in Spokane. It is also on tap at Mootsy's (a local bar) and at Northern Light's brewpub, located on Trent Avenue.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last