Hibernator - Long Trail Brewing Co.

HibernatorHibernator

good

Long Trail Brewing Co. visit their website
Vermont, United States

Scottish Ale |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-06-2001

This robust, malty brew will take the bite from a cold winter night.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hibernator Alström Bros

2.25/5  rDev -38.4%

3.73/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I am stunned at just how many and of what kinds of beers are in my backlog. I bought these with every intention of drinking them in season and then things seemed to get away from me. At least, I am catching up at this point.

From the bottle: "HIBERNATOR This robust and malty brew will take the bite from a cold winter night. ENJOY!"; "UNFILTERED WINTER BREW"; "TAKE A HIKE!"

I popped the cap and let fly, watching breathlessly as the pseudo-cascade took place, slowly morphing into two-plus fingers of dense, tawny head with great retention. Color was a brownish-copper (SRM = > 13, < 17) with NE-quality clarity. Nose was rich and sweet with malt - caramel, cocoa, toffee. Oh my. There are times that I question my buying habits because as a hophead, this is not in my wheelhouse. The head fell in an unusual way, collapsing down and in on itself. Mouthfeel was medium and the richness of the malt almost threw me into diabetic shock! It was tasty, though, more like toffee than caramel. Finish was sweet, but not cloying, so I did not have any problem drinking all of it. This is one that would be more suited for the Winter season, if I were to get it again.

3.75/5  rDev +2.7%

Hibernator from Long Trail Brewing Co.