Sleepy Hollow Pumpkin Ale - Smoky Mountain Brewery & Restaurant

Smoky Mountain Brewery & Restaurant visit their website
Tennessee, United States

Pumpkin Ale |  ABV ?

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: FtownThrowDown on 11-07-2006)
Reviews by FtownThrowDown:
4.47/5  rDev +17%

I feel very fortunate to have tried this one. I've been searching and trying many Pumpkin Beers and I'm not hesitant in saying that this is the best that I've ever had.
Tried it on draft at the Smoky Mountain Brewery in Pigeon Forge. Poured in a one liter mug.
Served in a ice cold mug that I had to let "warm-up" a little. Appears a dark orange/brownish color with slight head.
The taste is pumpkin pie in a glass. They really nailed this one for me. Other pumpkin ales are too spicy, or based off a really bad brown ale to start with. It's hard to explain, but if you've ever smelled a Pumpkin Spice Yankee Candle, this is what it tastes like. Truly incredible.
Even the help at SMB said that this years formula was the best ever. Truly a treat. Finished well, full of complexity and flavors all over the tongue. Didn't coat your mouth or make you tire of drinking it.
My only complaint is that the tap blew when I was trying to get a growler full to bring home. I felt I had to share this one, but there was none left.
Hopefully they brew with the same formula again next year. If so, I'll plan my next trip around this beer being served.

FtownThrowDown, Nov 07, 2006

khargro2, Jan 11, 2012

OtisCampbell007, Nov 27, 2013
Sleepy Hollow Pumpkin Ale from Smoky Mountain Brewery & Restaurant
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.