Tallship IPA - Smoky Mountain Brewery & Restaurant

to view more.
Ratings: 11 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by DeltaGolfSierra:
2.48/5  rDev -22%

Since Smoky Mountain Brewery is a local brewery, and I love IPAs, I thought I'd pick up a bottle and give this a try.

The appearance is a clear dark amber, with a down-the-center pour yielding a very puny head. There is some lacing on the glass though. The smell is primarily malt, with a slight floral scent. Not the big citrus scent I look for in a good IPA. The taste is also malt-forward, with a bitter herbal taste that isn't particularly pleasant to me. It is really lacking in hops flavor - it's closer to an amber ale than an IPA. Mouthfeel is quite thin. I won't be picking this one up again.

3.03/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Served into an Pint glass.

A- Amber Orange color, looks a little hazy. I missed the pour a bit, so the head was only about a finger, off white in color and dissipated quickly. Some film hangs around the glass.

S- Citrusy, some floral hops, sweet and malty at the end.

T- Citrus, and floral hops, weak bitter after-taste. Faint malty hint adding just a little complexity. A fairly weak IPA.

M- Moderate Carbonation, kind of oily.

O- Really a weak IPA. I expected something much more hop-heavy. I probably won't get it again if I'm looking for an IPA.

to view more.