Parker's American Pale Ale - Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Downtown)

Parker's American Pale Ale
No picture uploaded.

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Downtown) visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: DaPeculierDane on 09-21-2005)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

DaPeculierDane

Wisconsin

3.25/5  rDev 0%

I've never had a bartender try as aggressively and consistently to talk me out of anything as the bartender at the Dane tried to talk me out of ordering this beer. He must have had some bad experiences with amateurs ordering casks and spitting up the warm brew all over the bar or something.

After thoroughly explaining to him that I understood what a cask was and that I wouldn't mind if it was warm, he served up an imperial pint of beautiful orange-amber brew.

The carbonation was very mild and almost not there at all but it didn't bother me one bit. I was focused on the spectacular color and clarity of my glowing beer.

The smell was mild and made up primarily of rotten fruit, mostly rotten apples.

The taste was all rotten apples with very little hops. I thought I was drinking a cider. I even compared it to my friend's Strongbow and thought that this APA was more appley than it. The Strongbow had the carbonation and ultra sweetness but this beer had a much bigger, deep earthy, apples fallen from the tree and rotting on the ground feel to it.

I honestly liked the taste very much, however, not as an APA. If I had been reviewing it as a cider I would have given it a 4 or maybe even a 4.5 but as an APA it gets a 3 and maybe it should get lower.

The mouthfeel on the other hand is very good, smooth and creamy and this beer is easy to drink. There's no doubt about that.

Serving type: cask

09-21-2005 17:07:48 | More by DaPeculierDane
Parker's American Pale Ale from Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Downtown)
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.