O'Junior's Nitro Irish Ale - Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Downtown)

O'Junior's Nitro Irish Ale
No picture uploaded.

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Downtown) visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Irish Red Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: DaPeculierDane on 03-16-2006)
DaPeculierDane

Wisconsin

3.58/5  rDev 0%

The Great Dane has a special treat for this St. Patty’s day in the form of O’Junior’s Nitro Irish Ale. Comparable to Caffrey’s, this one is spot on with the look and feel but a little lacking in terms of flavor. Pours as expected, a bright and translucent red copper with a brilliant, dense, and everlasting dollop of beige cream. The waitress told me that this has become her favorite beer so I’m anxious to give it a go. Initially, I don’t smell a thing in the nose and after clearing my sinuses I can just faintly make out a touch of something floral and a bit of caramel. Still, I’m wanting more. The first sip is wonderfully creamy, slightly toasty, and just ever so subtly sour. It seems to have some of the characteristics and feel of an English Bitter. It does however leave an unappreciated Carnation nondairy creamer like powder on the palate in the after taste. Drinkability is this beer’s top aspect. It is one of the smoothest beers I’ve had at the Dane. I am immensely impressed with the overall feel and ease of drinking. It coats the throat marvelously on the way down and an assumed low ABV makes it quite sessionable. While, I would like a bit more flavor, I can’t help but admire the Dane for the parts of the beer that they got right.

Serving type: nitro-tap

03-16-2006 16:50:20 | More by DaPeculierDane
O'Junior's Nitro Irish Ale from Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Downtown)
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.