Catch Lager - Mountain Crest Liquors

Catch LagerCatch Lager

Mountain Crest Liquors visit their website
Alberta, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: woodychandler on 01-18-2011)
View: Beers (11) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
biboergosum

Alberta (Canada)

1.63/5  rDev +10.9%
look: 4 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Hmmmm...I've never seen this anywhere other than at the main Willow Park store in Calgary, which is a straight-up dichotomy in my beer-lovin' psyche...

This beer pours a hazy pale straw colour, with two fingers of chunky, foamy (I know!) white head, which leaves a crazily perfect array of webbed lace around the glass after its equally inattributablly fast-paced departure. It smells of sweet, sweet rice/corn malt, and nail polish. The taste is sickly saccharine 'malt', corn and rice pudding to the hilt, and a not so subtle alcohol sweetness. The carbonation is average, the body cloying beyond a reasonable doubt. It finishes with barely a drop in the overly mentioned sugary nature of everything that has come before.

I bought this on a whim (5 bucks for a sixer, you know the score), and drank the majority as a precursor to attending my girlfriend's family affair - not a particularly bad use for this dreck.

05-29-2011 04:13:59 | More by biboergosum
BigBry

Alberta (Canada)

1.48/5  rDev +0.7%

A 6 pack of new cans purchased specifically for my can trading partners.
Another Mountain Crest beer, I believe is made and packaged spefically for the Willow Park Liquor Store chain. A quick peek at the Alberta Liquor Guide has it listed as 'not available'...

Golden yellow color, with a good sized head of bright white foam. Odd aroma, like sour bubble gum. Sticky, artificial sweetness, sour finish. No discernable malt or hops. When people ask what is and adjunct - this is it. Mouthfeel was medium, but very sugary. In the spirit of Woody's CANquest, I finished the whole glass.

I have traded away a couple, had pushed these to the back of the fridge, and was trying to forget about them.

01-31-2011 01:12:37 | More by BigBry
woodychandler

1.3/5  rDev -11.6%

Ha ha ha! I have finally cracked the code. MC Brewing Corporation = Mountain Crest BC = Minhas' CANadian arm. CAN you believe how sneaky they must be?!? The CANQuest (TM) is always wary of these types of things and at last, the truth as I understand it, is revealed! CAN you dig it? Onward!

The Crack & Glug went off as planned and there appeared a finger of fluffy bone-white head with moderate retention. Color was a deep golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose had the Minhas scent of plastics and bubble gum. Aha! I keep wanting to visit the brewery just to see what actually transpires there. I imagine that it will be run by an army of Cybermen from Doctor Who, former human beings whose humanity has been stripped away, enabling them to foist this swill on an unsuspecting public. Mouthfeel was medium with a sugary sweetness that made me wonder if it is possible to develop diabetes from a single CAN of beer. Phew! The Catch is that it might happen. Catch-22: If you review this, nobody will care, so why bother? "Catch me if you CAN," said the Gingerbread Man. What a Catch! The CANQuest (TM) had devolved into Catch as Catch CAN status. I'd keep going, but I've got to Catch a bus, a buzz, and a ride, in no particular order. The finish had the now-familiar grape bubble gum flavor. I need some mouthwash. Gag!

01-18-2011 19:25:58 | More by woodychandler
Catch Lager from Mountain Crest Liquors
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.