Vintage Pilsner | Rockslide Brewery & Pub

Added by Jason on 03-07-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
4.16/5  rDev n/a

Rockslide Vintage Americal Pilsner (2015 version)– ABV 4.9%

Poured from a new tap on the patio of the Rockslide the Vintage's third release is as clean and clear as beer gets. The head is rocky and white, more so than I expected. and as long as I keep it out of the rain the head stays around for a minute or two.

There was a break in the weather long enough for me to enjoy my first pint. All afternoon the rain fell on and off, as it does here in The Valley. This wasn't going to stop me from getting out to the release party, though Thursday afternoon seemed like maybe it was a second choice, I didn't ask. As I started my second pint the nose really hit me; Floral and slightly fruity with little in the way of malty sweetness, and nothing like the piney hops that are the trademark of beers like IPAs. The rain began again, well, the drizzle.

As the sky fell slowly the feel and finish of the beer impacted my memory. It was clean. It was like the rain, light. While this beer is no Coors Light (thankfully for my own sensibilities) its emphasis is strongly on drinkability and a fresh, crisp finish. Even in the rain it reminds me of Summertime.

As the lager washed away from my palate so did the clouds break one again. I think the new outdoor bar at the Rockslide has great potential. After all so many more of our days are sunny than are grey. As those sunny days manifest more and more The Vintage Lager will be welcomed for its ability to quench when quaffed. Sllainte!

2.96/5  rDev n/a
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Served on-draught into a pilsner glass at Rockslide Brewing in Grand Junction. Reviewed from notes. Cost was $3.00.

A: Pours no head at all, just a beige floater. Body colour is a clear yellow-copper. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show.

Sm: Clean malts, full barley, and hints of cream. Light. No alcohol or yeast comes through.

T: Surprisingly full-bodied and pleasantly crisp for a pilsner. No alcohol or yeast comes through. Not horribly complex, but very enjoyable. I like it, but there's nothing unique or special here. Lacks subtlety.

Mf: Crisp, clean, and slightly overcarbaonted. Somewhat coarse. Wet.

Dr: Drinkable but unremarkable. Meh. I wouldn't get it again, but it's not bad.

High C

Vintage Pilsner from Rockslide Brewery & Pub
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.