Weiss Bier - Craft Microbrewery

No picture uploaded.

Craft Microbrewery
Greece

Hefeweizen |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BlackHaddock on 09-26-2008)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by rowyn:
rowyn

3.25/5  rDev -10.2%

11-11-2012 16:57:37 | More by rowyn
rarbring

Sweden

3.43/5  rDev -5.2%

The beer is very clouded, murky brown, an off-white head that leaves some lacing.

The smell is spicy pepper and cardamom , sweet citric/fruity and yeast.

The taste was less spicy, rather sweet with lots of fruit and yeast ingredients.

Medium carbonation, rather light body and a slightly gritty feeling at the end.

Possibly a bit to sweet and slightly over-the-top hefe.

11-09-2010 20:40:57 | More by rarbring
Argion

4.28/5  rDev +18.2%

Drank it at the same place I had the Pilsner (mentioned in separate review). When I had originally asked the waiter for the beer list, he didn't mention that they also had the weis, dark lager and a few other selections as well. I discovered it by accident when I went inside the restaurant itself. If I were to compare this beer with an American equivalent I would say it is a much much better version of a Blue Moon (and I like Blue Moon). The color was good, a bit darker and more orangy than Blue Moon (would equate it to what I see in Grand Cru beer). The flavor was very good and refreshing, with an overall good balance between the spices, bitterness and orange flavor. The only problem I had was the Craft glass supplied. Their glass is not made to fit the contents of the whole bottle, thus I couldnt get the yeast sediment in on the first pass... had to drink a bit and then take care of that detail. Again, overall a good beer and I would drink it again.

09-18-2010 08:33:27 | More by Argion
BlackHaddock

United Kingdom (England)

3.5/5  rDev -3.3%

A Greek Hefeweizen, it had to be tried.

Poured into the breweries glassware it looked the part. A huge head sat on top of a moody looking cloudy, creamy orange body of beer.

The aromas were citrus fruits, mostly lemon and grapefruits, I also found cloves in the mix. I like to pick up vanilla and banana esters in a Hefeweizen, but that's just me! There were none in this beer (I had two, just to make sure).

The taste followed the aromas almost to the letter although I thought some vanilla did come into the flavours I picked up.

The depth of body just let this beer down a little. Refreshing it was, but I wanted more crispness and sharpness to it.

A fine attempt at a Hefeweizen, but just failing to 'float my boat' enough for me to endorse it fully.

09-26-2008 14:31:25 | More by BlackHaddock
Weiss Bier from Craft Microbrewery
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.