Sasquatch Stout - Silver City Brewing Co.

Sasquatch Stout
No picture uploaded.

rAvg: 4
pDev: 3%
Silver City Brewing Co. visit their website
Washington, United States

American Stout |  6.60% ABV

(Beer added by: Knuckles on 05-12-2006)
Reviews by mnapier:
4.03/5  rDev +0.8%

Service Temperature, 45 degrees farenheit. Service Glassware, 12 ounce tulip.

Appearance, is a dark & dense with a salt & pepper accented, mild to medium, khaki foamy head, that leaves no lace behind.

Aroma, is a waft of roasted-ness and some mocha, and an air of subtle nuttiness.
A sip later, and I am recalling licorice, minor mocha, and some roasted, biscuit like quality.
Mouthfeel is overall, mild to medium, with no cloying.

Cheers

mnapier, May 15, 2008
3.85/5  rDev -3.8%

22oz botttle acquired in trade with riversideak (thanks!).

Poured a dark brown color with an averaged sized off white head. Aromas of roast, chocolate, earthy and some pine. Tastes of chocolate, roast, some coffee, and a lighter earthiness.

Notes from 5/14/08

hopdog, Nov 17, 2008
4.13/5  rDev +3.3%

This beer made a brief appearance at the brewery approximately three years ago or so. It was a very pleasant surprise for me, as I'm a year round stout drinker, and Silver City actually released it in July (a rathery atypical month for a stout seasonal). It hasn't been seen since.

I ran into Don Spencer back at the Cask Festival in November, and began harassing him about the Sasquatch at that time. I remembered it fondly from that summer a few years back, and had been longing for its return. He looked at me, scratched his chin and said, "Oh yeah! I liked that stout. Maybe I'll brew it in the spring." And every time I've run into him since, I felt the obligation to annoy the shit out of him by requesting it again (ok, I actually only did it about two or three times, but it felt like more). About a week ago, he sends me an email telling me he'd brewed it, and it might be on by Friday the 5th. My youngest son was in the hospital for an extended stay after he had his appendix removed, so I had no chance to get up there. However, this past Tuesday, I happened to be in Kitsap County, so I ran up there for lunch. Lo and behold, they had just put it on that very day.

Appearance: As dark and impenetrable as my wife's thought processes, but with the espresso creme head that she never seems to want to wear. The head doesn't stick around long, but that really doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the beer. Great lacing down the sides of the glass as it slowly (or rapidly) disappears.

Smell: Sweet and roasty. Unfortunately, they keep their lines at Budweiser drinker temps (Navy town, folks are used to cold, cold beer), so you need to let it rest for a bit, but when it comes up to temp it smells great.

Taste: Really, my only gripe with this beer is that the roasted barley doesn't have a more prominent place in the finish. It's there, but not as strong as I like. However, in this beers defense, it's still pretty young. It will be interesting to see how it ages over a couple of weeks, and maybe allows those malts to back off just a bit.

Mouthfeel: It isn't the velvet hammer that is Fat Bastard or the Imperial Stout, but it's damn fine.

Drinkability: Hell, I requested the beer, I should be able to drink the shit out of it (and I am). Damn fine stuff, and if you're a stout lover, I highly recommend you get up to SC and get a few pints of this in you before it's gone.

Knuckles, May 12, 2006
Sasquatch Stout from Silver City Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.