Circus Boy - Magic Hat Brewing Company

Magic Hat Brewing Company visit their website
Vermont, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 02-03-2006

Unfiltered and unfettered, Circus Boy is a unique and refreshing American-style Hefeweizen. Is he a who? Or a what? Or perhaps some of both? Be amazed by the flavorful haze of this wonderful wheat beer.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,573 | Reviews: 654

Upon drinking this beer I was dissapointed there was only one in my Make your own six pack. A six mind you that up until this was very poor.

First off. I cannot even describe how drinkable this beer is, its the perfect mix of light and flavorful. I could have finished this beer in ten seconds had I not wanted to savour it.

I dream of the day I can have this on tap.

Excellent for what it is -- a gateway/session beer. I generally like extreme beers with huge hops, but now and then crave a nice refreshing hefeweizen, and Circus Boy fits the bill. (Almost a pun there.) Creamy mouthfeel, taste is lemony with a touch of apricot. Toned down but not as pallid as many American wheats. A good companion to Magic Hat's terrific flagship brew Number 9. Extremely drinkable. Bizarro (and appealing) name and label.

4.65/5  rDev +37.6%

This beer is awsome. The brew has a golden, cloudy appearance but you do not see the yeast floating in the beer like you do with other Hefe Weizens; in fact even though Magic Hat calls this beer a Hefe Weizen it is classified as an American Pale Wheat Ale.

The Beer is a golden yellow with a minimal head. The smell is like, well, have you ever smelled a vat of warm yeast at a brewery, now imagine the same smell but the vat is full of cold brew; (this beer is best served cold), Some might find this smell unpleasant; I do not. I can not smell any spices in this beer and I don't think Magic Hat put any in there; it works for me.

The main reason I love this beer is that it goes down SMOOTHLY with no aftertaste.
From what I have read people either love or hate this beer. Well I LOVE it. This is my favorite beer from Magic Hat.

4.64/5  rDev +37.3%

A - Golden yellow and cloudy. Head stays around for awhile and leaves some splotchy lacing.

S - Mainly grains in the nose. I'm picking up wheat bread and lots of black pepper. Smells fantastic. Black pepper replaces the traditional clove spice on this one. Also picking up lemon and some sweet orange.

T - Very earthy. Wheat, lemongrass, green tea bitterness and again I'm getting a black pepper spicy character.

M - Almost medium bodied with crisp carbonation. Very light and clean.

D/N - This is the best offering I have had from Magic Hat. the other beers I have had from them were sub-par. This only comes in the mixed 12 pack where I am. That sucks.

4.64/5  rDev +37.3%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Circus Boy from Magic Hat Brewing Company