2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Pistil - Magic Hat Brewing Company

PistilPistil

Magic Hat Brewing Company visit their website
Vermont, United States

Herbed / Spiced Beer |  4.50% ABV

Availability: Spring

Stop and smell the petals Pistil is a summer beer unlike any other, brewed with a combination of dandelion petals, Pale and Acidulated malts, flaked oats, and Apollo and Northern Brewer hops that results in a one-of-a-kind beer with a slightly sour acidity and a smooth malt body. Perfect for taking down deep thirst.

(Beer added by: shand on 04-16-2012)
View: Beers (36) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pistil Alström Bros
Ratings: 548 | Reviews: 115 | Show All Ratings:
GilGarp

Colorado

3.59/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3/4 pint bottle served cold into a shaker pint glass.

Pistil is a slightly hazy golden yellow with about an inch of white head. It has good retention and nice lacing as it settles.

Aroma is mildly hoppy is a floral slash grassy kind of way. Not much in the way of citrus or pine.

Flavor is sweet like honey up front but bitter like dandelions from middle to end. I think we've established that hops are the best way to bitter a beer and I'm all for experimentation but, if you've tasted the foul white liquid from this weed, you know it has no place in beer.

Mouthfeel is light in body and nicely carbonated. Well balanced but rather unpleasant to drink.

Overall it's a swing and a miss.

04-26-2013 00:09:06 | More by GilGarp
RickS95

Indiana

2.7/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

12-ounce bottle

It's a nice looking beer, looking more like a wit than anything. Golden straw color with a haziness to it. The head is brilliant white, a finger and a half thick, and has great retention. As it finally falls, it leaves a nice, sticky lace behind.

The smell is nothing more than a bit player as it's anything but overwhelming. What's there is slightly acidic and faintly herbal...Earthy.

A swing and a miss in taste. Very spicy, though I can't pinpoint which spices. Pale malts dominate with the spices, and it tastes very pils-like. I don't know what dandelions taste like, but I can see it in this beer. A little bit of mint in the finish.

It's bitter from beginning to end. The herbal spiciness lasts the whole sip as well. It's light bodied and has almost no alcohol presence at all. Moderate carbonation produces a fairly dry, crisp finish.

I've had this beer in the fridge for a couple months now, a bit scared to drink it. Unfortunately, it's about what I expected. It's bitter like an IPA, just not in a good way. Not sure how I'm going to get through five more to finish the sixer.

04-21-2013 03:16:23 | More by RickS95
cjgator3

3.39/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

12oz bottle

A- Pours a slightly hazed golden yellow/orange color with an off-white head.

S- The aroma is very floral and citrusy, it feels like I should be drinking this outside in a meadow under a tree in the spring time.

T- The taste starts out with some malts with some citrusy acidity and peppery spiciness in the finish.

M- The mouthfeel is light bodied with a good amount of carbonation.

O- Overall, Pistil was a unique beer that I'm glad I tried but it is not something that I would purchase again.

04-14-2013 02:28:41 | More by cjgator3
Neorebel

3.2/5  rDev -1.2%

Pours a slightly orange tinged yellow. It's not exactly clear, and has a fizzy white head. There is next to no lacing following the rapid depletion of the foam. The aroma is quite good, mostly consisting of citrus esters, as well as herbs, honey, and yeast. For the flavor, bready grains dominate, with buttery hazelnut, tea leaves, and some subtle hops. There's a very bitter backbone and sour, dry finish. Definitely a bit of a grassy, vegetal aftertaste. This is very easy to drink however and none of the flavors are very loud. Average beer - more of a novelty but not a very bold one at that.

04-12-2013 01:11:49 | More by Neorebel
AlexFields

Tennessee

2.93/5  rDev -9.6%

Pours a bright, thick orange, looks like orange marmalade or something, has almost a pinkish tint as it pours, small to moderate sized head.

First thing in the nose is a bready malt character with a hint of bitterness, followed by very light hops and some odd plant like scent that I assume is the dandelions.

Taste is a fairly sweet, crisp, simple malt character that fades into that odd slightly bitter plant taste again, not much of a hop character at all.

Mouthfeel is odd, a bit watery, moderate carbonation but not particularly refreshing. Not terrible but weak.

I like this, more or less, or at least I don't really mind drinking it, but it's not very impressive.

5.9/10

04-05-2013 22:58:28 | More by AlexFields
TeamMathis

West Virginia

2.78/5  rDev -14.2%

Appearance: Cloudy gold.
Smell: Flowery and wheatish. Maybe a touch of citrus.
Taste: Tart and tart aftertaste. Some spice.
Mouthfeel: Light carbonation.

There is a somewhat clear smell of flower. My grandmother used to cook dandelions and I tried to link the taste, but it was a stretch. In fact it doesn't seem to have much flavor at all other than a slightly sour carbonation with a hint of citrus. I do appreciate the use of dandelions though. I think that's pretty neat. It's certainly drinkable, especially on a summer day. However, I wouldn't get this again.

04-05-2013 00:23:35 | More by TeamMathis
Lemke10

Wisconsin

3.35/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

This pours a semi-clear, golden yellow color with a thin, white head. The aroma has a lot of lemon citrus to it. The taste is thin, light, and very floral/fruity. Overall it’s not the greatest beer Magic Hat makes, but at least this will be an easy drinking beer for those hot summer days.

04-02-2013 04:47:43 | More by Lemke10
MikePags

2.7/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Bottle poured a pint glass.

A: hazy golden color

S: slightly harsh smell of citrus and flowers

T: could not get to the flower taste over the taste of citrus. Absent these flavors this beer tastes like a slightly sour wheat beer with a rotten lemon in it.

M: smooth, highly carbonated, light to medium body.

O: MH missed the mark with this one and I will be struggling to finish the 6pack.

04-01-2013 01:44:55 | More by MikePags
rhoadsrage

3.03/5  rDev -6.5%

(Served in a bowtie glass)
A- This beer pours a slightly hazy lemon yellow with strands of tiny bubbles gliding to a snow white film that last a few sips.

S- The faint dry papery note has a herbaceous hint to it but is pretty clean.

T- The floral nectar hint has a slight sweetness of pale malt and a soft dandelion flower taste in the aftertaste. There is a soft dry green note of hops that starts to come through as it opens.

M- The light mouthfeel has a scrubbing fizz in the finish.

O- This beer is light, delicate and clean. I really could get a character of fresh dandelion flowers however there wasn’t much else in there which just left it a bit drab after the first few sips. I’m glad to dry it but also glad I don’t have a whole 6 pack of it.

03-28-2013 14:15:25 | More by rhoadsrage
MichaelJosephB

Kentucky

2.96/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

S: Poured from a bottle into a bell shaped coke glass.

A: Bright, golden yellow that mimics a dandelion, with two fingers of white, soapy head.

S: Subtle sent of a fresh cut spring lawn, with no hint of hops.

T: Clean, slightly sour pilsner flavor with subtle overtones of grass. Simple and balanced. Spices? Hops? I didn't find any.

M: Lots of carbonation and kind of watery.

O: Likely very refreshing on a hot summer day, I would not drink this on any other occasion. The artwork is cool, although I wish Magic Hat would spend as much time making their brews as interesting as their bottles.

03-25-2013 18:33:05 | More by MichaelJosephB
circus_cat

4.49/5  rDev +38.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A: Cloudy golden hay body with a bright white, soapy head. Looks like a summer beer! Reminds me of a belgian white. Streaming, lively bubbles.

S: Lemon and orange zest, floral hops, very floral in general, lemon grass, wet hay, grass.

T: Lots of lemon grass, green tea, lemon peel.

M: Wow, so refreshing. Very light, crisp, and lively on the tongue.

O: I always hate to give a "crafty" beer a great score but I really can't understand how anyone justifies giving this "average." I don't think I've ever had a beer more refreshing than this and that is clearly what the bottle says they're going for. It is so refreshing and still tastes good with the summery notes like lemon grass, even as it warms. I'm sorry, but I'm a fan.

03-24-2013 00:28:06 | More by circus_cat
rlee1390

Indiana

3.58/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A-Cloudy yellow, nicely carbonated, one finger head.

S-Very grassy and floral, some wheat, tad spice and lemons.

T-Very grassy, earthy and floral. Almost like eating a flower. Some wheat and spices. As it warms the floral/grass notes get worse.

M-Light to medium bodied, nicely carbonated and a tad dry.

O-Another boring, experiment beer from Magic Hat that isn't worth buying multiples of.

03-23-2013 01:49:26 | More by rlee1390
Brad007

Vermont

3.33/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

I rarely buy Magic Hat but I became nostalgic after seeing the spring variety pack.

Pistil pours a cloudy whitish-blond with a nice white head into my glass. The label doesn't divulge much, except that this ale was brewed with dandelions.

Light, fluffy and flowery aroma greets the nose. A touch of citrus peeks out too. Apollo and Northern Brewer hops add some, if not much depth to the malt bill.

It's very flowery. The flaked and acidulated malts add a fluff, buttery texture. The house yeast is too obvious and immediately, my palate screams "No.9!" I wouldn't call that a good thing.

Lingering floweriness and buttery texture from the malts. Again, the house yeast rears its' head at the back of the tongue.

A bit of a suggestion: Don't use the same yeast for every single beer. It ruins what could otherwise be a well down spring seasonal. It's still perfectly drinkable but if you're not a fan of "sameness", steer clear.

03-21-2013 11:03:44 | More by Brad007
wingman14

3.88/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Pours a hazy yellow with a frothy white head that sticks around for awhile. The smell is sweet, malty, with some yeast and floral notes. It has a nice sweet background that is harder to describe but like the smell of a nice summer night. Taste is not nearly as sweet as the smell would have indicated, the flavor starts malty but moves into a unique bitterness, that does not taste like hops. I can only assume this is from the dandelion as this is my first dandelion beer. The bitter sticks around through the aftertaste, and gets stronger, almost to the point of a lip smacking bitter. The mouthfeel is nice a crisp light beer, smooth and easy to drink. If the bottle didn't display the dandelion I would have had a hard time guessing that one. No overpowering flavors, a nice enjoyable beer, overall it is well done.

03-18-2013 23:34:32 | More by wingman14
TheManiacalOne

Rhode Island

3.79/5  rDev +17%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

On-tap 3/15/2013 at Doherty’s East Ave Irish Pub in Pawtucket, RI, served in a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a light gold color, with a large foamy white head that fades slowly and leaves a thick lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is faint but contains citrus, hops and light caramelized malts.

T: The taste starts out bready with a hearty but not too heavy malt character. Then some mild citrus and caramel sweetness comes in. The hops presence is mild but complementary but brings some balance. The after-taste is slightly bready and slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, medium body, medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

O: Tasty, goes down ok, not too filling, mild kick, decent representation of style, for a beer that is supposed to be different it seemed pretty average to me and there wasn’t anything that really stood out.

03-18-2013 16:57:25 | More by TheManiacalOne
raznug

3.68/5  rDev +13.6%

Appearance: Pistil pours a slightly hazy pale golden color and is topped with ½” of white colored head.
Smell: This beer smells of malt aroma and yeast not sure of the style but an interesting aroma.
Taste: The taste of this beer is a little interesting it has a bitterness to it that I don’t think comes from the hops, but otherwise is a very tasty brew.
Mouthfeel: Pistil is a medium bodied beer that is still easy to drink with good taste.

03-16-2013 17:53:48 | More by raznug
woodychandler

3.68/5  rDev +13.6%

My local, in-person trader, tone77, dropped this off as part of a big box o' beer recently and I have been having a good time sifting through them and trying to theme styles and tastes rather than just pulling bottles out randomly and opening them. Rest assured, I will open and review all of them and then The CANQuest (TM) will get back on its feet toot sweet.

From the trippy, groovy label, man: "stop and smell the petals"; "The ancient ritual of brewing a distinctly rich and flavorful beer is a performance to behold. Our mysterious melange of time-honored ingredients harmonize with chaotic chemistry, humble patience and blind faith to create this unique beer to share in the rousing company of kindred spirits. Cheers!"; "a performance in every bottle". Dig it, baby!

My pour blossomed into a fluffy finger of bone-white pollen until it was borne away on the wind. Color was dandy, lion-yellow with a haze of suspended particulate in evidence. Nose had an earthy, grassy smell and I began to consider boiling it down into something that I could put in a pipe and smoke. Mouthfeel was medium and it had an initial, unexpected tartness that gave way to a grassy flavor, like freshly-mown grass. Interesting. Unibroue makes "Ephemere", pronounced "Ay-fem-er-ay" and the finish on this one was ephemeral. I found myself wondering if I had even had a sip until I saw the lacing in the glass. Just like for the lotus-eaters, time was passing me by like nothing. There may be a subtle message in there - stay away from some types of plant matter, man. Wow, this was such a smooth drink that it seemed to evaporate out of my glass as I simply could not have drank it that quickly. I am definitely buying some more for use this summer. Next up in the series of nine beers: Peduncle; Receptacle; Sepal; Petal; Stamen; Anther; Stigma & Ovary (the last one subject to FDA approval).

03-16-2013 17:10:06 | More by woodychandler
dogfishandi

3.39/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

12 oz bottle at fridge temp poured into a snifter.

Pours a hazy light golden - straw yellow color, a bit of fine sediment. A good looking tight white head with good retention, and decent lacing. A good amount of rising carbonation bubbles.

Familiar aromas of basic pale grain, almost macro lager like with maybe a hint of minerals. Just the slightest floral/ herbal thing going on, possibly from the hops and as it warms a fresh cut grass aroma is apparent.

The taste is slightly better than the aroma suggests. Sweet bready pale grain gives way to a kind of sweet tart hop, reminds me of some sort of old candy I can't quite name. A bit of lemongrass, fresh cut grass. A slight, but noticeable tartness. Finishes with a bit of hop bitterness as well.

Refreshing and light bodied. Maybe a touch on the bland but still somewhat enjoyable.

Really just another non offensive beer that any kind of beer drinker will be able to put down. Not something I'd ever buy, but I see how a few of these would work on a hot day.

03-14-2013 19:18:52 | More by dogfishandi
NeroFiddled

3.88/5  rDev +19.8%

Magic Hat Pistil
12 oz. bottle, coded "AO3361 1304 1651"

So what is Magic Hat's Pistil? I thought it was just a floral IPA, but it's certainly not hoppy or bitter enough. It is quite floral though, clearly reflecting the name. Ah, the label reads "ALE BREWED WITH DANDELION". Well that's fairly unique. I'd heard of dandelion wine as a kid (it was something my older neighbors made at home), but I've never heard of it in a beer. Or have I? Let me look it up. Ah, yes. Apparently it's not that unique, but it's still interesting. I also note that it's just 4.5% ABV. Perhaps this is a spring beer. Check, the Magic Hat website confirms it. OK, let's take a closer look: Hazy yellow-gold body beneath a pillowy white head. Slightly better than average retention and lacing. Floral nose as mentioned. A little bit of golden malt sneaks through as well. Nice. In the mouth it's light bodied and moderately crisp. Appropriate for what they're doing here. The flavor is not as floral as the aroma suggests, implying to me that it's actual dandelions and not just hops giving it that brightness in the nose (I also get an occasional light note of chlorophyll as well, which backs that up). There's a light tartness to it, which is refreshing; and which also seems to give me more of a floral impression (unless I'm just succumbing to the power of suggestion). It's not very bitter... maybe in the 20's, and it finishes quite dry with the flavor almost vanishing. That's OK though, that works. It's a light bodied and lower alcohol spring beer that's very refreshing, and I don't really need it to linger in the mouth. There's enough charm to the floral / dandelion aspect of it that it's interesting, and thankfully not overdone. I can imagine drinking a few of these in a row. Would I buy it again? Sure. I'd enjoy a pint of this at the pub as my first beer, and I think it would be a good beer to take to a party (I'm pretty sure women would like it). Would I recommend it? Certainly to try. It may not be the only dandelion beer available (does Fantome still brew Pissenlit?), but it's still unique.

03-13-2013 22:00:20 | More by NeroFiddled
KTCamm

3.46/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Served on tap in a shaker pint glass at Bobby Qs in westport CT.

Clear light gold, some white foam. Transparent for sure, and not much lacing. Light floral aroma, pleasing, but not in a significant kind of way. Just good. Taste is a clean crisp, very light blonde ale taste, small fruitiness. Simple and subdued. Goes down smoothly. Sounds like they did a lot of tinkering here, but the end result is something mellow and lighter flavor.

03-10-2013 22:10:42 | More by KTCamm
mattkoon

South Carolina

3.4/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

dandelion beer... i had to try this. its light and slightly cloudy, white head. smell is ok, i cant smell anything odd or cool or unusual. it tastes crisp and bitter... there is an odd bitterness.. that i can only assume is the dandelions... i havnt ever eatin dandelions so i cant be sure... i do like the willingness to experiment. and over all this isnt a bad beer. i applaud the efforts. i think this beer is ok. nothing really out of the park but the effort to do something unusual gets a lot of points.

03-07-2013 05:22:00 | More by mattkoon
StoutHunter

3.6/5  rDev +11.1%

I picked up a six pack of Magic Hat's Pistil a couple weeks ago for $8.69 at Meijers. I find Magic Hat to be pretty hit or miss, but dandelions seems like such an odd ingredient to brew a beer with that I just had to give it a try to see how it turns out, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date, but I think it's fairly fresh. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into an imperial pint glass.

A- The label looks very nice, it has a cool late 60's psychedelic look to it and it's pretty eye catching. It poured a fairly hazy yellow color that took on a golden hue when held to the light with three and a half fingers worth of fluffy white head that died down to a thick ring with some lumps in the middle that stayed till the end and left lots of sticky rings of lacing behind. This is a good looking beer, I have no complaints

S- The aroma starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness that had a slight floral honey aroma to it and was followed by some bready and grainy malt aromas. After that comes a slight yeast aroma followed by an earthy and pretty big floral aromas along with some lemon grass aromas really sticking out and mixing well with the floral aromas. This beer had a nice aroma, I didn't get any straight up dandelion aromas but the floral and lemon grass aromas were a little similar to that, I liked how floral it is, it almost smells like a really floral Saison.

T- The taste seems to be fairly similar to the aroma but also lighter. It started off with a lower amount of medium sweetness followed by some grainy and bready malts that are on the lighter side along with some peppery yeast. Up next comes some big grassy and floral flavors with a nice lemon rind flavors to round things off. On the finish there's a lower amount of bitterness with a bready, grassy, and floral aftertaste. This beer had a nice taste to it, the taste didn't scream dandelions, but the grassy and floral flavors seems to be somewhat similar to the aroma of a dandelion, I like it.

M- Smooth, creamy, refreshing, dry finish, on the lighter side of being medium bodied with a nice amount of slightly lighter medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was ok, but I could have gone without out the creaminess.

Overall I thought this was nice beer and a good example of the style, it wasn't full of dead on dandelion flavors but the earthy, floral, and lemongrass aspects reminded me of them. This beer had good drinkability, it was smooth, refreshing, and the flavors held my attention nicely, this would be a great warm weather beer and I could see drinking a few of these while enjoying a warm day in late spring, the refreshing flavors would really work nicely during the warmer months. What I liked the most about this beer was the aroma and appearance they were both good and I like the complexity in the aroma. What I liked the least about this beer was the creaminess in the mouthfeel, it just seemed unnecessary and out of place. I would buy a six pack of this beer again when it starts to get warmer outside, I think it would make for a nice beer to enjoy while playing some disc golf. and I would recommend this to anyone who likes floral beers. All in all I liked this beer, but I didn't love it, the dandelions worked out better than I thought they would and while they didn't provide any exact dandelion flavors, it did impart some flavors that reminded me of smelling the dandelions bloom in the spring time. Magic Hat seems to be stepping their game up, Heart of Darkness and this beer have both been better than I expected and they give me hope that one day I will find a Magic Hat beer that I really like. Good work guys, I would have never thought to brew a beer with dandelions, and while this wasn't a smash hit it sure wasn't a failure by any means and I enjoyed drinking it, it takes some out of the box thinking and creativity to come up with a beer like this and I applaud that.

03-07-2013 04:51:42 | More by StoutHunter
ajanesz

Kentucky

2.75/5  rDev -15.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass...

Appearance - golden yellow with nice carbonation. A finger of white head that dissipates quickly. Would like to have seen more lacing. Looks light and airy, refreshing.

Smell - Scent of clover and grass with some subtle hoppiness. Does not have an overly strong aroma. Smells how it looks. Very light and summery.

Taste - Not really too much here. Very light grassy flavor. finishes dry with some bitterness. Tastes like there is some rice adjunct and possibly corn. Not sure I taste the dandelion, but there is definitely something unique about the flavor.

Mouthfeel - Dry with a very light body. Tastes similar to an Asian lager (think Kirin or Tsingtao) due to the dry finish and rice adjuncts.

Overall - Not a bad beer, but not as refreshing as many other beers this light. I dig what they tried to do with the dandelion, but I think the execution is a bit off.

03-07-2013 01:39:51 | More by ajanesz
metter98

3.3/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

A: The beer is slightly hazy light yellow in color (like a witbier) and has a moderate amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a finger high dense white head that died down leaving a thin head covering the surface and lots of lacing down the sides of the glass.
S: There are light aromas of floral and citrus hops in the nose—marigolds and lemons seem to stand out in particular.
T: Like the smell, the taste has flavors of floral hops along with notes of lemon and orange citrus and a slight amount of bitterness.
M: It feels rather light-bodied (but not watery) on the palate and has a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: While this beer has muted aromas and flavors, it is very easy to drink. I wouldn't mind having one of these again on a summer day.

03-07-2013 00:10:37 | More by metter98
brother_rat

2.58/5  rDev -20.4%

A: Poured a nice translucent golden hay, with a mammoth (two-finger) white head with adequate retention, with uneven bubbles. Pronounced lacing. A pretty, appealing look. 3/5

S: Not a great burst when popping the bottle. Not a great burst of scent when poured. Not a whole lot of smell halfway through! You get the picture--not a lot of aroma, but there are faint traces of hops and wet hay. After drinking a bunch and allowing the beer to warm up a bit, you can detect some sweet fruitiness. Subtle, but not subtle as in complex. 2/5

T: Interesting--moderately tart and astringent, with a faint sweetness, with moderate hop detection. I can detect some citrus up front, and some sweet malts lingering in the aftertaste. Actually tastes like you crushed up some dandelion flowers between your fingers and gave it a whiff, but that's not entirely a pleasurable taste. 2.5/5

M: Rather refreshing, with moderate carbonation. Very drinkable, and perhaps more refreshing on a hot day (in other words, not in cold March). 3/5

O: I'm glad I tried this, although I won't reach for it again. Interesting flavors and an ambitious attempt at incorporating dandelions, but beyond the dandelion flavor there wasn't a whole lot of depth or scintillating aroma. My grandpa used to make dandelion wine, as I've been told, so I can only wonder if his brews shared any characteristics with this one. 3/5

03-03-2013 20:42:18 | More by brother_rat