Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Bourbon Barrel Aged "Old Man Winter" - Cape Cod Beer

Bourbon Barrel Aged "Old Man Winter"
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Cape Cod Beer visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Winter Warmer |  7.50% ABV

Beer added by: FLAbeergutinMASS on 04-05-2007

4.12/5  rDev n/a

Very limited release 200 750ml bottles! This should be good.

Pours nicely, very balanced, not much of a head, but mild carbonation underneath. I immediately notice spiciness that generally accompanies a Winter Warmer, but this one has more, sweet cherries, and smoky chocolate. I am a little disappointed there are not more Jack Daniels characteristics. If you like Jack and Coke, this is it. Finishes with a slightly oak-vanilla bite, with malts all over the place.

A nice bottle of beer, although it was a bit pricey, I do recommend it. I'd like to see the brewery get a little more adventurous, hell, put everything in that barrel. (641 characters)

4.63/5  rDev n/a

This is a seasonal beer (obviously) and I couldn't wait to try it. There's just something about the words bourbon-aged: if you stored Bud in bourbon barrels it would be worth a shot.

Poured this nectar from a Growler into a 16 oz. Glass. Nice, creamy head that stayed around like it didn't want me to sip it yet (and I'm glad I waited).

The first sip imploded in my mouth, I took another one right away! The mouth feel is like an explosive sip off of a fountain in heaven. The alcohol content makes it a little hot on the toungue, but is that not what we're after?

Figs were at the fore-front, but not too overpowering and the aging process gave OMW its definitive bite: almost licoricey, but really just bourbony. (Remember this is Cape Cod beer's most potent type @ only a 7.5 ABV).

Very nice lacing lingered along the sides of the glass the entire time.
I had two glasses of this wintry juice only because It's still technically winter here on ole Cape Cod, and it was a reasonably frosty evening.

The OMW sure did the trick. This is a beer you want to just hold and have it warm in your hands, to prolong it and enjoy with friends.

This is probably CCD Beer's finest selection, which is why they reserve it for our shortest, most dreary days here. Even though I will I get it again, I'm not sure I want to to take my own advice and share it.

Happy wintering !! (1,377 characters)

Bourbon Barrel Aged "Old Man Winter" from Cape Cod Beer
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.