Short's Soft Parade - Short's Brewing Company

Short's Soft ParadeShort's Soft Parade

good

Short's Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  7.50% ABV

Simply put: Fruit Rye Ale. A bountiful blend of toasted rye flakes and two row malted barley make wort fermented with 200 pounds of pureed strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries resulting in a sweet fruity delicacy. Intoxicatingly refreshing and brewed special for those ladies who enjoy their wine.

(Beer added by: fantome on 06-18-2004)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Short's Soft Parade Alström Bros

1.06/5  rDev -71%

In no way you could call this beer, the closet thing to that is a product that was put out by Oliver wine in Indiana. That product was never labeled a beer, but a wine. If you are a fan of a very dry wine you might like this, but I did not. I thought it might at least a little sweet, nope.

1.1/5  rDev -69.9%

1.25/5  rDev -65.8%

1.43/5  rDev -60.9%

Got this a long time ago, I forget from whom, but thank you trading partner!

Started off promisingly, pours with a rich, luxurious 4+ finger head. Served chilled and early aromas are mixed fruit. Hazy a cloudy straw in appearance. Great lacing.

That said... after this warmed up, just slightly, the solvent notes started to sneak out. Before long, it was somewhere between paint thinner and gasoline. This was literally impossible to take a smell of. I bravely took a few sips anyway (well, more than a few, as my first couple it was still too cold to get much out of it, but those weren't "brave"). What was underlying was not quite as noxious as the fumes emanating off of this. But they weren't great, either.

I've had this in my fridge basically since the day I got it, so whatever happened happened before it got to me. But this beer was literally undrinkable. I've had very few drain pours in my life, this was unequivocally one of them.

1.45/5  rDev -60.4%

schro126 was kind enough to throw this in as an extra. Thanks, man! Unfortunately, it was pretty disgusting.

Mildly murky and hazy strawberry pink with a pinkish white head with good retention and a little lace, this is OK

God, this is putrid. Vegetal and fruity with a harsh and rubbery solvent character and some alcohol heat. Cooked fruit and jammy, this is disgusting.

The palate isn't as awful as the nose, but that isn't saying much. Harsh solvents, alcohol, and cooked fruit before a grassy and vegetal finish, and if that isn't enough, there's some rubber in the middle. Light in body with a medium-high level of carbonation, the awful finish just reemphasizes the trainwreck that this beer is.

1.45/5  rDev -60.4%

Short's Soft Parade came courtesy of my good sister (I only have one, but she's my bad sister when she doesn't bring me beer), and I sampled it on a random evening with my good girlfriend.

This baby pours out sexy like the relaxing woman on the label. A deep red body leaves lace all over the glass and reminds me immediately of strawberry. I'm totally down to enjoy this one.

And that's where the fun ends, because I sniff and **zap** my parade is over. Parade to alcohol maybe, or slimy berries and skunk. This smelled like Bud and strawberry Four Loko (I've had Four Loko). It tastes the same way. Alcohol and badness. And faint berries, I give it that, but not much else. An overwhelmingly unbalanced sweetness comes in the middle to tweak the alcohol and cough syrup medicinal feel. It's like cherry chloroseptic.

Overall this light body beer isn't very drinkable, and wound up a drain pour or me. I let it warm and there was no difference to the taste. Sad. Such high expectations.

But despite the beer, she's still my good sister.

1.5/5  rDev -59%

2.03/5  rDev -44.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

12 oz bottle. Pours neon pinkish red with nearly no head. Wheaty aroma with big time strawberry wine brings me back to trying to score in the woods freshman year of college with a bottle of Boon’s Farm. Tastes like watered down strawberry juice with blueberry vomit. Dirty dirty wheat finish. Tastes just like when I "scored", too (well, she scored at least). Wtf is this? Light bodied with low carbonation. This is gross, bro.

2.13/5  rDev -41.8%

12 oz. Bottle

A: Literally 3 1/2 fingers of head; ruby red squirt color. Foam clings to the glass and very frothy.

S: Sparkling juice smell; berry is noticeable but no specific berry can be distinguished - no beer smell traceable.

T: Tastes like sparkling juice as well - no hops or beer like taste at all; the berries conflict and do not mesh well; I love short's but this did not taste very good.

M/D: Like pop rocks in your mouth. Suffice to say this isn't the most drinkable stuff.

It's hard for me to hate on a Short's brew, but this beer just wasn't good to me.

2.15/5  rDev -41.3%

I am just not a fan of fruit beers at all. Poured from 12 oz bottle into pint glass. Pours a red color with a small pinkish head. Aroma is of quite fruity and fairly tart, the raspberries and strawberries are what I smell the most along with some sugary notes. The flavor is slightly tart and very fruity with alot of raspberry along with some sugary notes and the 9% ABV is really well hidden. The body is light with a slightly dry mouthfeel. Overall a pretty solid Fruit Beer, but fruit beers like this arent really my style, this was more fruit than beer IMO.

2.25/5  rDev -38.5%

Color is a strange reddish-taupe, almost murky. Minimal head, no lacing.

The smell is like a pomegranite and red berry fruit punch.

It tastes like fruit punch of young unripe berries. It's tart and not sweet at all. If you're going to give me fruit in a beer, at least make it sweet.

Mouthfeel is light and fizzy, like a flavored seltzer water.

I disliked every moment of drinking this one. Never again. No way.

Short's Soft Parade from Short's Brewing Company