Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Peaches & Cream - Short's Brewing Company

Peaches & CreamPeaches & Cream

Short's Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.30% ABV

Beer added by: hoppymeal on 06-11-2007

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Peaches & Cream Alström Bros
4.38/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Bottle #12 of 820, from the label it is a high gravity golden ale brewed with lactose and fresh peaches. Pours peach in color, nice and murky, with a decent sized off white to very light tan head that slowly recedes. Aroma is spot on sweet peaches, there is some citrusiness as well, or perhaps the peach aroma is somewhat citrus like. The milk sugariness is evident in the aroma with a soft cream aroma. Taste is peaches, like eating the fruit, the taste has crossed into the beer very well, the cream is also very evident in the taste as a nice balancer to the peaches. Citrus in the flavor as well. Mouthfeel is where this beer really shines, the peach flavor is accentuated very nicely by an effervescence of carbonation while the milk sugars make for a very soft balance to this effervescence before a somewhat dry and refreshing finish. The sugars also help to contribute to the medium to heavy rich body which does not come across as overly heavy for the fruit keeps it 'light'. This beer is an incredible fruit beer, the peaches and cream come thru very well, almost like eating straight from the bowl. The 9.5% is not evident except for a warmth in the finish. I wouldn't usu age a fruit beer but I am curious as to what a little time will do with this one. Well my third taste of the imperial series and I am very impressed. This is a beer to share with others, for one 750mls of strong peach flavor is difficult and second because it is an extraordinary beer. (1,470 characters)

3.28/5  rDev -18.4%

Thanks for sharing this one, Chris!

Lots of head after an aggressive pour atop a hazy peachy-orange brew.

Sweet canned peaches aroma, some spice and just general creamsicle sweetness. Same kind of flavors going on in the taste. The first sip or two, I thought I really liked this, but as time went on and my glass warmed, it became a bit of a chore. A little tangy-ness in the taste. Fanta? Sweet and creamy mouthfeel, it's like peach cobbler but without the crust. Kind of too sweet and a bit much after a while. Medium carbonation and decent substance of the mouthfeel try to help, but this would be best shared in 4oz servings or less. Alcohol is well integrated, though. (678 characters)

4.08/5  rDev +1.5%

Thanks for the bottle steebo777, this was poured into HF glass, no freshness date on the 12 oz bottle

Fairly clear copper pour with a cream-colored head of half an inch thickness, small and medium bubbles, good retention

Not a lot on the aroma, cream is the main flavor I get, some very subtle peach notes, some butterscotch, candied malts, other than that not a lot going on.

Taste is incredibly unique. This tastes quite literally like a bowl of peaches and cream. It is way too sweet to drink more than several ounces of it, but the flavors burst off the palate. Flavor profile of peaches and cream lingers. Not much bitterness. No alcohol burn.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied, soft, smooth, sticky finish, low carbonation.

Overall this was one of the more unique beers I've ever tried. Too sweet and cloying for everyday consumption, but split between a couple people this is a tasty summer dessert beer. (909 characters)

4.15/5  rDev +3.2%

I should have saved this for a hot summer day, instead of a spring day filled with thunderstorms...Oh well, still quite delicious. Pours hazy golden orange with massive white head. Smell and taste are dominated by sweet peaches. Definitely some lactose sugar character in here that creates a nice creamy mouthfeel to compliment all those peaches. Fairly sweet flavor, slightly tart but from the fruit rather than bugs (unlike the unintended flavors of some more recent Shorts vintages). Medium bodied with a shitload of carbonation. My only ding is this is a little high on the alcohol for the flavor profile, preventing it from qualifying as a "refreshing peach beverage." But I guess I should buy some Riunite if that's what I was looking for. Overall, quite good, Wish I opened this on a sunny hot summer day. Wish I had more. (829 characters)

4.32/5  rDev +7.5%

A huge thanks goes out to my man Derek for this beer. I've been eying this beer up for two years and finally got to try it! Much appreciated!

A: Pours a hazy brick orange with a large, creamy and frothy orange tinted head. The head was rather large in the glass with an aggressive pour. Two glasses yielded a two finger head, the other yielded a four finger head.

S: The smell was absolute bliss with sweet, peach jam/jelly, fresh peach puree, candied peaches with sugar, and a nice caramel/toffee back. The smell was like no other beer I have encountered and was delightful.

T: One of the most interesting and different beers I have ever had. Sweet peach jelly, candied/dried peaches and a great caramel back. On the end some alcohol creeps through but doesn't distract from the amazing flavors of the beer.

M/D: The carbonation I thought was a touch high, but by no means displeasing. The flavors are so strong, unique and fruity that I drank this slow and cherished it. I think this would be just as good, if not better in a few years.

Thanks again Derek! (1,063 characters)

3.95/5  rDev -1.7%

Clear amber color with a white head that had decent lacing and some retention. Peaches, oranges, various tropical aromas, and a little bit of earthy hops in the aroma. Peaches jump out at the tongue first, but hops come into play shortly thereafter. Also had some other citrus/tropical flavors (mango), with a slightly tart finish. Medium carbonation and body, but something just seemed a little missing. Good beer, glad I tried it, but not worth the price tag. (461 characters)

4.37/5  rDev +8.7%

12 oz. bottle poured into a short stemmed tulip/snifter. Thanks to Czar_chasm for this brew.

Pours a deep gold with heavy amber highlights capped with a one finger fizzy head that dissipates fairly quickly. The aroma of this brew smells as though your nose is hovering over freshly cut peaches. Wow. Some mild yeast and biscuity/bready aroma. From the first sip the juicy flavor of peaches fills the mouth, joined by creamy accents created by the lactose sugar--there is a real marriage of the two flavors midpalate that does provide a peaches and creme flavor. Biscuity malt and a touch of yeast. Some very mild hop bitterness does break through on the fairly dry finish. Although at times it does seem a bit heavier, this brew is mainly medium bodied, lightly carbonated, and is slick and creamy. This was really tasty and served as a wonderful dessert brew. (861 characters)

3.81/5  rDev -5.2%

Bottle #163/820....thanks to hoppymeal!

A: pours a deep amber color with a big pillowy staying off-white head.

S: very dissapointing here, not much going on. a little sweet malt with a touch of the citrus from the peaches...very faint aromas.

T/M: first is a touch of sweet malts followed with a bitter twang and smack in the face from the peaches. the lactose seems to make this beer a nice silky smooth medium body. the carbonation is light and works well with the beer.

D: smooth beer, alcohol is hidden making it easy to drink. this is easier to drink as it warms however the malt and peach sweetness becomes cloying. i like the beer and its great but glad i split this one. (684 characters)

3.91/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 4

Review is from notes.

After the pour it appears under-carbonated, with only a small off-white head on top of a rich golden-orange colored body that possesses a decent clarity, though somewhat dull looking. The head dissipates to a thin layer of foam after a short amount of time.

The smell is amazing! Peaches and Creme smells just like...peaches and cream. Peach aroma that smells dulled from milky cream. I'm really impressed with the great clarity of this beer's aroma. A little alcohol is present in the back end.

Has a rich full body. More beery than expected, which is actually nice because I was expecting something more sweet and cloying. It tastes like it has some strength to it, in a sense it is Malt-liquor-like in flavor. The peach flavor is meaty and fresh, but not very intense. I guess that is because it isn't that sweet. Definitely under carbonated but not flat. Good enough to hold this beer up.

Honestly this is a pretty good beer from Shorts. I would drink this again, and I would certainly look to pair this with dessert. Great aroma, and a good mix of peach and beer in the flavor. Thanks to monitorpop for this bottle! (1,148 characters)

4.17/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from 750mL bottle into a Tulip.

Pours a glowing copper orange with ample haze. There is carbonation running wild through the body of this beer. Softly on top sits a light corn yellow, which leaves a slight trail of lacing.

Smells like a bushel of freshly picked Georgia Peaches. Really creamy to, reminds me of one of those creamsavers that Lifesavers used to make. Some acidity to go along with the lemon scent.

Tastes is full blown natural peach, not that artificial kind that some wise guys use in their homebrews, just sayin'... Very sweet and a little bit grainy. There are some orange flavors embedded in the complexion as well. Tons of sweet caramel and the acetic acid really gives it a bite. This beer is over carbonated which gives it an unattractive bite, detracting from some of the creamy flavors. This beer is a little bit too sweet and alcoholic for me which becomes a hinderance in the drinkability section. (934 characters)

4.52/5  rDev +12.4%

Bottle 195/820.

A - 1 finger of off-white suds sit atop a hazy, nectarine colored brew in my snifter. Awesome retention. Decent legs. Huge lacing.

S - Peaches! Peaches! I fucking LOVE Peaches! Booze, awesomeness. PEACHES! Slightly spicy/flowery yeast. PEEEEAAACCCHHHESSS! Did I mention I really like peaches?

T - Holy amazing. Big, fresh, juicy peaches. Peach pit. A little bit of fusel alcohol. Semi-tart on the back on some sips and quite sweet on others. The warmth in the tummy is welcomed. Fruity, boozy... truly wonderful. Lactose manages to add a sweet element to the mix that balances what would've been a, seemingly, rather tart brew.

M - Creamy carbonation and hugely thick body. Almost syrupy.

D - As wonderful as this is and as peachy as it is, it still suffers from a rather noticeable ABV and the bigness/sweetness can detract at some points as well. Worth every penny, though.

Notes: I love Short's Brews, if you haven't already noticed. When I first heard about this, it was one of those "have-to-try-it" moments. Glad I had the chance. Between this and Abnormal Genius, it's hard to pick a favorite from the Imperial Series. (1,148 characters)

3.74/5  rDev -7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A: Golden to golden-amber in color. Small white head forms for a short time.

S: Fermented peaches and a general fruity aroma smell quite nice.

T: Slightly less than ripe peach, sugary sweetness, and a solid malt backbone. Peach flavor could stand to be more prominent.

M: The high gravity is evident, yet the feel is not heavy. It's quite easy to quaff this one down.

O: A good fruit/dessert beer from Short's. (416 characters)

4.17/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Date: 02/15/2013
Type: 12oz. Bottle
Vintage: 2012
Glass: Southampton Tulip

I just recently completed the 2007 Short's Imperial Series that consists of 13 750ml. limited release bottles (Peaches & Creme is the 12th 750ml. bottle), with a lot of help from the generous hoppymeal. A big thanks goes out to hotpipes29 (eric) for getting me this newly released 12oz. bottle to sample! Now, I don't have to breakup the Imperial Series just yet to taste this long time want.

Poured a burnt orange in color w/ a skim coat white head that left very light lacing. Aromas of peaches, wheat, wood (oak), and vanilla. The taste paralleled the nose starting off w/ big peaches up front, leading into wheat and breadiness, and finishing w/ vanilla, a touch of booze, and mild hop bite. Medium bodied w/ carbonation on the lower side. Very easy to drink w/ great flavors that were well balanced. I drank my 12oz. w/ ease as it never became cloying at any point and the flavors don't taste fresh and not artificial.

Overall, congrats to Short's for this success in a bottle! This brew tastes like what it claims to be, Peaches & Creme in the form of a beer. My only knock on the beer is the low carbonation. If Short's maybe would back off the malts a bit and increase the carbonation this beer could go from very good to amazing. (1,316 characters)

4.32/5  rDev +7.5%

Beautiful golden-amber color with a slight head. When held up to the light, its translucent. Some sediment in the bottom of the glass, but that would be expected. Smells grainy, slightly yeasty and of course peachy. I do get a sense of sweetness on the nose, which I assume is from the lactose used in the brewing process. Taste is loaded with peach followed by sweetness. I do pick up a bit of graininess from the malt and the taste finishes with a bite of bitterness. This is a full bodied beer and well carbonated. Overall, I really like this beer. I am a big fan of peach flavor in beer and this ones got it. It could be a little overwhelming with the flavor and sweetness though, so I think one will do for now. (716 characters)

3.9/5  rDev -3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

750ml capped bottle. Forgot to write down the bottle #. Served in a Bell's tulip. Shared with some fellow BA's.

A: Finger of yellow head. Cloudy orange with ample sediment. Some bubbly lacing.

S: Intense candied peaches. Very sweet and oh so very delicious smelling. I think it made me hungry a little bit.

T: This beer certainly lives up to it's name, big peachy flavor with some lactose sugar sweetness. There's a slight bit of tartness and some nice creamy malt component. Not really all that complex, but it certainly delivers.

M: Thin body with good carbonation. I think the beer overall would be a lot better if the body was thicker.

D: 9.5% ABV is virtually undetectable. I had a decent serving and it was plenty enough. The sharp sweetness would make it hard to drink a lot of this.

Shorts never ceases to amaze me what they can do with fruited beer and odd ingredients. Peaches & Creme is a very interesting beer to say the least, and well worth a try. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to try it again, but I wouldn't turn it down. (1,053 characters)

3.78/5  rDev -6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Reviewed from notes. Enjoyed out of the bottle.

A-Pours a nice golden body with a short and playful white head. Nice sized carbonation, big bubbles. Head retention minimal but leaves the sticky along the sides.

S-Lots of booze here (it is after all "imperial"). You get some sweetness present from the lactose and a faint bit of a peach.

T-A bit to "high gravity" for my liking as the alcohol absolutely dominates this beer. The peach is there but it is reminiscent of an over poured well drink....not quite as balanced as it could/should be. I absolutely love the foundation of the milk sugar and think if they brought this down a bit ABV wise it would be a home run.

M-Nicely carbed for the style and my only complaint remains the intimidatingly high booze blast that really overpowers everything.

O-I know, I know. I'm knocking it for being "too imperial" but feel like Short's has something here if they make it more of a session beer. Peaches aren't often found in many beers and the milk-sugar could really do wonders. (1,034 characters)

4.54/5  rDev +12.9%

shared by bgramer at his epic 40th birthday tasting.

A-Copper colored almost like peach juice that was filterted. with a soft foamy head that slowly dissolves into thick white lacing.

S-Super peachy goodness with a ton of peach smell. I've never smelt a peach beer with anywhere close to this amount of peach pizzaz to it. Followed up with a creamy vanilla type scent. delicious

T-More and more peach. I'm shocked at how much peach flavored was packed into this beer. a creamy flavor follows with a hint of lactic peach kick at the end. delicious

M- nicely bodied with a perfect amount of carbonation. This beer was very drinkable and tasty

O- Overall a great beer that is one of the Short's beers that seems better done. Very delicious. (745 characters)

4.28/5  rDev +6.5%

poured from a bottle I picked up on summer trip to upper Michigan.
A--beautiful orange glow with decent head that settled into a delicate lace.

S--peaches of course, but not overwhelmingly so.

T--dominant peach taste right away slightly tart, hint of creme and sweetness become apparent just before tart reclaims the aftertaste.

M--clean and astringent

D--regret I only grabbed two of these, but he has so many great beers I had to excercise restraint. This is a great desert beer or evening drink on the patio in summer. (526 characters)

1.82/5  rDev -54.7%

I've gotten really big into microbrews the past year and a half. Being that I'm in Michigan I've been focusing on local brews. I've gotten really big into shorts. With that being said I stumbled across a 6er of this one day and was told it was the last one they had. I decided to give it a shot and didn't like it. Generally I like fruity beers but I feel they missed with this one. My buddy and I both tried it and we felt that it just didn't work. I've tried getting my way through the 6 pack and it just hasn't worked. (521 characters)

Peaches & Cream from Short's Brewing Company