2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Peaches & Cream - Short's Brewing Company

Peaches & CreamPeaches & Cream

Short's Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  9.50% ABV

(Beer added by: hoppymeal on 06-11-2007)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Peaches & Cream Alström Bros
Ratings: 248 | Reviews: 79 | Show All Ratings:
chanokokoro

4.38/5  rDev +13.8%

12 oz. bottle poured into a short stemmed tulip/snifter. Thanks to Czar_chasm for this brew.

Pours a deep gold with heavy amber highlights capped with a one finger fizzy head that dissipates fairly quickly. The aroma of this brew smells as though your nose is hovering over freshly cut peaches. Wow. Some mild yeast and biscuity/bready aroma. From the first sip the juicy flavor of peaches fills the mouth, joined by creamy accents created by the lactose sugar--there is a real marriage of the two flavors midpalate that does provide a peaches and creme flavor. Biscuity malt and a touch of yeast. Some very mild hop bitterness does break through on the fairly dry finish. Although at times it does seem a bit heavier, this brew is mainly medium bodied, lightly carbonated, and is slick and creamy. This was really tasty and served as a wonderful dessert brew.

11-29-2012 04:34:27 | More by chanokokoro
Ineedabeerhere

Rhode Island

3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

Thanks for sharing this one, Chris!

Lots of head after an aggressive pour atop a hazy peachy-orange brew.

Sweet canned peaches aroma, some spice and just general creamsicle sweetness. Same kind of flavors going on in the taste. The first sip or two, I thought I really liked this, but as time went on and my glass warmed, it became a bit of a chore. A little tangy-ness in the taste. Fanta? Sweet and creamy mouthfeel, it's like peach cobbler but without the crust. Kind of too sweet and a bit much after a while. Medium carbonation and decent substance of the mouthfeel try to help, but this would be best shared in 4oz servings or less. Alcohol is well integrated, though.

03-03-2010 03:19:55 | More by Ineedabeerhere
MusicaleMike

3.88/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 4

Review is from notes.

After the pour it appears under-carbonated, with only a small off-white head on top of a rich golden-orange colored body that possesses a decent clarity, though somewhat dull looking. The head dissipates to a thin layer of foam after a short amount of time.

The smell is amazing! Peaches and Creme smells just like...peaches and cream. Peach aroma that smells dulled from milky cream. I'm really impressed with the great clarity of this beer's aroma. A little alcohol is present in the back end.

Has a rich full body. More beery than expected, which is actually nice because I was expecting something more sweet and cloying. It tastes like it has some strength to it, in a sense it is Malt-liquor-like in flavor. The peach flavor is meaty and fresh, but not very intense. I guess that is because it isn't that sweet. Definitely under carbonated but not flat. Good enough to hold this beer up.

Honestly this is a pretty good beer from Shorts. I would drink this again, and I would certainly look to pair this with dessert. Great aroma, and a good mix of peach and beer in the flavor. Thanks to monitorpop for this bottle!

05-14-2013 18:34:52 | More by MusicaleMike
CoolJosh

4.18/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from 750mL bottle into a Tulip.

Pours a glowing copper orange with ample haze. There is carbonation running wild through the body of this beer. Softly on top sits a light corn yellow, which leaves a slight trail of lacing.

Smells like a bushel of freshly picked Georgia Peaches. Really creamy to, reminds me of one of those creamsavers that Lifesavers used to make. Some acidity to go along with the lemon scent.

Tastes is full blown natural peach, not that artificial kind that some wise guys use in their homebrews, just sayin'... Very sweet and a little bit grainy. There are some orange flavors embedded in the complexion as well. Tons of sweet caramel and the acetic acid really gives it a bite. This beer is over carbonated which gives it an unattractive bite, detracting from some of the creamy flavors. This beer is a little bit too sweet and alcoholic for me which becomes a hinderance in the drinkability section.

07-10-2009 02:39:45 | More by CoolJosh
SaucyA

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

Bottle 195/820.

A - 1 finger of off-white suds sit atop a hazy, nectarine colored brew in my snifter. Awesome retention. Decent legs. Huge lacing.

S - Peaches! Peaches! I fucking LOVE Peaches! Booze, awesomeness. PEACHES! Slightly spicy/flowery yeast. PEEEEAAACCCHHHESSS! Did I mention I really like peaches?

T - Holy amazing. Big, fresh, juicy peaches. Peach pit. A little bit of fusel alcohol. Semi-tart on the back on some sips and quite sweet on others. The warmth in the tummy is welcomed. Fruity, boozy... truly wonderful. Lactose manages to add a sweet element to the mix that balances what would've been a, seemingly, rather tart brew.

M - Creamy carbonation and hugely thick body. Almost syrupy.

D - As wonderful as this is and as peachy as it is, it still suffers from a rather noticeable ABV and the bigness/sweetness can detract at some points as well. Worth every penny, though.

Notes: I love Short's Brews, if you haven't already noticed. When I first heard about this, it was one of those "have-to-try-it" moments. Glad I had the chance. Between this and Abnormal Genius, it's hard to pick a favorite from the Imperial Series.

12-24-2008 00:31:50 | More by SaucyA
MCain04

4.13/5  rDev +7.3%

Thanks for the bottle steebo777, this was poured into HF glass, no freshness date on the 12 oz bottle

Fairly clear copper pour with a cream-colored head of half an inch thickness, small and medium bubbles, good retention

Not a lot on the aroma, cream is the main flavor I get, some very subtle peach notes, some butterscotch, candied malts, other than that not a lot going on.

Taste is incredibly unique. This tastes quite literally like a bowl of peaches and cream. It is way too sweet to drink more than several ounces of it, but the flavors burst off the palate. Flavor profile of peaches and cream lingers. Not much bitterness. No alcohol burn.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied, soft, smooth, sticky finish, low carbonation.

Overall this was one of the more unique beers I've ever tried. Too sweet and cloying for everyday consumption, but split between a couple people this is a tasty summer dessert beer.

11-07-2013 21:55:06 | More by MCain04
mikeyv35

4.18/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Date: 02/15/2013
Type: 12oz. Bottle
Vintage: 2012
Glass: Southampton Tulip

I just recently completed the 2007 Short's Imperial Series that consists of 13 750ml. limited release bottles (Peaches & Creme is the 12th 750ml. bottle), with a lot of help from the generous hoppymeal. A big thanks goes out to hotpipes29 (eric) for getting me this newly released 12oz. bottle to sample! Now, I don't have to breakup the Imperial Series just yet to taste this long time want.

Poured a burnt orange in color w/ a skim coat white head that left very light lacing. Aromas of peaches, wheat, wood (oak), and vanilla. The taste paralleled the nose starting off w/ big peaches up front, leading into wheat and breadiness, and finishing w/ vanilla, a touch of booze, and mild hop bite. Medium bodied w/ carbonation on the lower side. Very easy to drink w/ great flavors that were well balanced. I drank my 12oz. w/ ease as it never became cloying at any point and the flavors don't taste fresh and not artificial.

Overall, congrats to Short's for this success in a bottle! This brew tastes like what it claims to be, Peaches & Creme in the form of a beer. My only knock on the beer is the low carbonation. If Short's maybe would back off the malts a bit and increase the carbonation this beer could go from very good to amazing.

02-15-2013 10:25:38 | More by mikeyv35
gueuzedreg

Colorado

3.84/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz into a CS snifter.

A- This is definitely the highlight. This beer has a rich apricot look to it. Very little head with thin lacing around.

S- I am getting some funk, but a very good amount of peach. Smelling peach has always been difficult in the peach/apricot sours. I am getting a lot of peach.

T- I get that Short's is doing a sweet take on a peach beer. I would take it down just a notch. I would understand if people disagree with me on this one being that peaches and cream is pretty sweet. I just don't want it this sweet in my beer.

M- Pretty good here. Some carbonation follows down the throat.

O- A good take on a peaches and cream ale. Well done.

01-01-2014 01:11:38 | More by gueuzedreg
TreyIsWilson

3.73/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A - Deep oranger with a thin white head. Nice lacing.

S - Peaches and sweet cream. Some faint spices are present as well.

T - Sweet and tart peaches right up front. Good amount of milk sugar comes through next. Slight alcohol taste in the finish.

M - Heavy mouthfeel with a very smooth finish. Alcohol provides a nice warming feeling.

O - A very unique offering from Short's. Worth trying but can't see myself having more than one.

10-19-2013 01:20:52 | More by TreyIsWilson
CMUbrew

3.74/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A: Golden to golden-amber in color. Small white head forms for a short time.

S: Fermented peaches and a general fruity aroma smell quite nice.

T: Slightly less than ripe peach, sugary sweetness, and a solid malt backbone. Peach flavor could stand to be more prominent.

M: The high gravity is evident, yet the feel is not heavy. It's quite easy to quaff this one down.

O: A good fruit/dessert beer from Short's.

10-05-2013 03:22:27 | More by CMUbrew
PaulyB83

3.59/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

120z bottle into a tulip glass

A- Golden orange, fresh peach color. Medium size cream colored head that took several minutes to dissipate

S- Sweet fresh peach is the dominate aroma with the alcohol coming through. Slight Belgian spice.

T- Sweet natural peach flavor with not too much of the alcohol coming through. A bit too sweet.

M- Creamy lactose, thick viscosity and clean on the palate. Pretty easy drinking for the ABV. Probably the best aspect of the beer.

O- Pleasantly surprised at how fresh the peach taste is. A bit too sugary sweet but appreciate the refresh fruit flavor that I don't always get from fruit beers, be it Belgian or otherwise. Peaches are one of my favorite fruits and of the peach beers I've had, are one of my favorite fruits to put in beer. In fact, stone fruits in general seem to work well in beer. Had a few plum and apricot beers that were pretty good. One of the better more memorable Short's beers I've had and glad I picked it up.

09-16-2013 21:50:52 | More by PaulyB83
33nickadams

4.33/5  rDev +12.5%

Beautiful golden-amber color with a slight head. When held up to the light, its translucent. Some sediment in the bottom of the glass, but that would be expected. Smells grainy, slightly yeasty and of course peachy. I do get a sense of sweetness on the nose, which I assume is from the lactose used in the brewing process. Taste is loaded with peach followed by sweetness. I do pick up a bit of graininess from the malt and the taste finishes with a bite of bitterness. This is a full bodied beer and well carbonated. Overall, I really like this beer. I am a big fan of peach flavor in beer and this ones got it. It could be a little overwhelming with the flavor and sweetness though, so I think one will do for now.

09-08-2012 00:48:06 | More by 33nickadams
heliosphann

Indiana

3.85/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

750ml capped bottle. Forgot to write down the bottle #. Served in a Bell's tulip. Shared with some fellow BA's.

A: Finger of yellow head. Cloudy orange with ample sediment. Some bubbly lacing.

S: Intense candied peaches. Very sweet and oh so very delicious smelling. I think it made me hungry a little bit.

T: This beer certainly lives up to it's name, big peachy flavor with some lactose sugar sweetness. There's a slight bit of tartness and some nice creamy malt component. Not really all that complex, but it certainly delivers.

M: Thin body with good carbonation. I think the beer overall would be a lot better if the body was thicker.

D: 9.5% ABV is virtually undetectable. I had a decent serving and it was plenty enough. The sharp sweetness would make it hard to drink a lot of this.

Shorts never ceases to amaze me what they can do with fruited beer and odd ingredients. Peaches & Creme is a very interesting beer to say the least, and well worth a try. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to try it again, but I wouldn't turn it down.

09-28-2009 21:37:18 | More by heliosphann
dsigmon

3.83/5  rDev -0.5%

Bottle #163/820....thanks to hoppymeal!

A: pours a deep amber color with a big pillowy staying off-white head.

S: very dissapointing here, not much going on. a little sweet malt with a touch of the citrus from the peaches...very faint aromas.

T/M: first is a touch of sweet malts followed with a bitter twang and smack in the face from the peaches. the lactose seems to make this beer a nice silky smooth medium body. the carbonation is light and works well with the beer.

D: smooth beer, alcohol is hidden making it easy to drink. this is easier to drink as it warms however the malt and peach sweetness becomes cloying. i like the beer and its great but glad i split this one.

05-18-2008 01:49:34 | More by dsigmon
psiweaver

Washington

4.53/5  rDev +17.7%

shared by bgramer at his epic 40th birthday tasting.

A-Copper colored almost like peach juice that was filterted. with a soft foamy head that slowly dissolves into thick white lacing.

S-Super peachy goodness with a ton of peach smell. I've never smelt a peach beer with anywhere close to this amount of peach pizzaz to it. Followed up with a creamy vanilla type scent. delicious

T-More and more peach. I'm shocked at how much peach flavored was packed into this beer. a creamy flavor follows with a hint of lactic peach kick at the end. delicious

M- nicely bodied with a perfect amount of carbonation. This beer was very drinkable and tasty

O- Overall a great beer that is one of the Short's beers that seems better done. Very delicious.

05-23-2011 21:48:35 | More by psiweaver
kylelenk

3.78/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Reviewed from notes. Enjoyed out of the bottle.

A-Pours a nice golden body with a short and playful white head. Nice sized carbonation, big bubbles. Head retention minimal but leaves the sticky along the sides.

S-Lots of booze here (it is after all "imperial"). You get some sweetness present from the lactose and a faint bit of a peach.

T-A bit to "high gravity" for my liking as the alcohol absolutely dominates this beer. The peach is there but it is reminiscent of an over poured well drink....not quite as balanced as it could/should be. I absolutely love the foundation of the milk sugar and think if they brought this down a bit ABV wise it would be a home run.

M-Nicely carbed for the style and my only complaint remains the intimidatingly high booze blast that really overpowers everything.

O-I know, I know. I'm knocking it for being "too imperial" but feel like Short's has something here if they make it more of a session beer. Peaches aren't often found in many beers and the milk-sugar could really do wonders.

04-11-2014 21:58:02 | More by kylelenk
Drk93TT

4.94/5  rDev +28.3%

Purchased a couple 6 packs right from Shorts in Bellaire. Also had it on draft while I was there.

A: Pours a Dull-Orangey Yellow color with pretty good head.. leaves a slight sticky lace behind.

S: Sweet and Sugary peaches! Excellent.

T: A peach-puree tasty treat. Absolutely perfect. Finishes with a bitter bite and milk sugar punch in the face. A+

M: Full bodied robust peach goodness. Has a excellent finish that lingers on the pallet for quiet some time, leaving you begging for more

O: I wish this was available everywhere, all the time.. just like Bud Light in any bar. This stuff is absolutely amazing. Perfection in a bottle. People need to try this beer.

09-13-2012 00:33:38 | More by Drk93TT
sailbretthd

4.3/5  rDev +11.7%

poured from a bottle I picked up on summer trip to upper Michigan.
A--beautiful orange glow with decent head that settled into a delicate lace.

S--peaches of course, but not overwhelmingly so.

T--dominant peach taste right away slightly tart, hint of creme and sweetness become apparent just before tart reclaims the aftertaste.

M--clean and astringent

D--regret I only grabbed two of these, but he has so many great beers I had to excercise restraint. This is a great desert beer or evening drink on the patio in summer.

11-13-2008 22:42:05 | More by sailbretthd
YimYoup

1.7/5  rDev -55.8%

I've gotten really big into microbrews the past year and a half. Being that I'm in Michigan I've been focusing on local brews. I've gotten really big into shorts. With that being said I stumbled across a 6er of this one day and was told it was the last one they had. I decided to give it a shot and didn't like it. Generally I like fruity beers but I feel they missed with this one. My buddy and I both tried it and we felt that it just didn't work. I've tried getting my way through the 6 pack and it just hasn't worked.

11-06-2013 03:38:20 | More by YimYoup