Peaches & Cream - Short's Brewing Company

Peaches & CreamPeaches & Cream

Short's Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.30% ABV

Beer added by: hoppymeal on 06-11-2007

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Peaches & Cream Alström Bros
firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
3.9/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

750ml capped bottle. Forgot to write down the bottle #. Served in a Bell's tulip. Shared with some fellow BA's.

A: Finger of yellow head. Cloudy orange with ample sediment. Some bubbly lacing.

S: Intense candied peaches. Very sweet and oh so very delicious smelling. I think it made me hungry a little bit.

T: This beer certainly lives up to it's name, big peachy flavor with some lactose sugar sweetness. There's a slight bit of tartness and some nice creamy malt component. Not really all that complex, but it certainly delivers.

M: Thin body with good carbonation. I think the beer overall would be a lot better if the body was thicker.

D: 9.5% ABV is virtually undetectable. I had a decent serving and it was plenty enough. The sharp sweetness would make it hard to drink a lot of this.

Shorts never ceases to amaze me what they can do with fruited beer and odd ingredients. Peaches & Creme is a very interesting beer to say the least, and well worth a try. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to try it again, but I wouldn't turn it down.

3.78/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Reviewed from notes. Enjoyed out of the bottle.

A-Pours a nice golden body with a short and playful white head. Nice sized carbonation, big bubbles. Head retention minimal but leaves the sticky along the sides.

S-Lots of booze here (it is after all "imperial"). You get some sweetness present from the lactose and a faint bit of a peach.

T-A bit to "high gravity" for my liking as the alcohol absolutely dominates this beer. The peach is there but it is reminiscent of an over poured well drink....not quite as balanced as it could/should be. I absolutely love the foundation of the milk sugar and think if they brought this down a bit ABV wise it would be a home run.

M-Nicely carbed for the style and my only complaint remains the intimidatingly high booze blast that really overpowers everything.

O-I know, I know. I'm knocking it for being "too imperial" but feel like Short's has something here if they make it more of a session beer. Peaches aren't often found in many beers and the milk-sugar could really do wonders.

4.54/5  rDev +13.8%

shared by bgramer at his epic 40th birthday tasting.

A-Copper colored almost like peach juice that was filterted. with a soft foamy head that slowly dissolves into thick white lacing.

S-Super peachy goodness with a ton of peach smell. I've never smelt a peach beer with anywhere close to this amount of peach pizzaz to it. Followed up with a creamy vanilla type scent. delicious

T-More and more peach. I'm shocked at how much peach flavored was packed into this beer. a creamy flavor follows with a hint of lactic peach kick at the end. delicious

M- nicely bodied with a perfect amount of carbonation. This beer was very drinkable and tasty

O- Overall a great beer that is one of the Short's beers that seems better done. Very delicious.

4.28/5  rDev +7.3%

poured from a bottle I picked up on summer trip to upper Michigan.
A--beautiful orange glow with decent head that settled into a delicate lace.

S--peaches of course, but not overwhelmingly so.

T--dominant peach taste right away slightly tart, hint of creme and sweetness become apparent just before tart reclaims the aftertaste.

M--clean and astringent

D--regret I only grabbed two of these, but he has so many great beers I had to excercise restraint. This is a great desert beer or evening drink on the patio in summer.

1.82/5  rDev -54.4%

I've gotten really big into microbrews the past year and a half. Being that I'm in Michigan I've been focusing on local brews. I've gotten really big into shorts. With that being said I stumbled across a 6er of this one day and was told it was the last one they had. I decided to give it a shot and didn't like it. Generally I like fruity beers but I feel they missed with this one. My buddy and I both tried it and we felt that it just didn't work. I've tried getting my way through the 6 pack and it just hasn't worked.

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last