Peaches & Cream - Short's Brewing Company

Peaches & CreamPeaches & Cream

Short's Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.30% ABV

Beer added by: hoppymeal on 06-11-2007

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Peaches & Cream Alström Bros
4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

4.93/5  rDev +28.1%

Purchased a couple 6 packs right from Shorts in Bellaire. Also had it on draft while I was there.

A: Pours a Dull-Orangey Yellow color with pretty good head.. leaves a slight sticky lace behind.

S: Sweet and Sugary peaches! Excellent.

T: A peach-puree tasty treat. Absolutely perfect. Finishes with a bitter bite and milk sugar punch in the face. A+

M: Full bodied robust peach goodness. Has a excellent finish that lingers on the pallet for quiet some time, leaving you begging for more

O: I wish this was available everywhere, all the time.. just like Bud Light in any bar. This stuff is absolutely amazing. Perfection in a bottle. People need to try this beer.

4.32/5  rDev +12.2%

Beautiful golden-amber color with a slight head. When held up to the light, its translucent. Some sediment in the bottom of the glass, but that would be expected. Smells grainy, slightly yeasty and of course peachy. I do get a sense of sweetness on the nose, which I assume is from the lactose used in the brewing process. Taste is loaded with peach followed by sweetness. I do pick up a bit of graininess from the malt and the taste finishes with a bite of bitterness. This is a full bodied beer and well carbonated. Overall, I really like this beer. I am a big fan of peach flavor in beer and this ones got it. It could be a little overwhelming with the flavor and sweetness though, so I think one will do for now.

3.38/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

1497th Review on BA
Bottle to Goblet
12oz

No bottle date- Although I know its 2012 Release

Thanks to ErikKoppin for this one

App- A almost pure liquid gold color on the pour. Maybe at best a 1/2 finger kind of tan/off white head formed and was gone. Creamy sherry/whiskey/cordial coloring to it. No cling. Shimmery.

Smell- For me this was a tad over sweet. I posted on Untappd that this smelled like those liquid peach rings from when we were kids. Was a unique smell, just wasnt for me. A big mix of sugary milk on the aromatics

Taste- I really enjoyed the 1st couple sips on this one. The golden ale with a little bit of yeast shined through when cold. However, when warm it was much more malty, sweet, sugar and milk. It really did assault on taste. I like sweet too as I loved ST Creme Brulee. I could only do 6oz. As I mentioned much better cold.

Mouth- A fairly light medium body with a overall medium light cordial carbonation. The residual booze was there along with a yogurt tinge and of course the peaches.

Drink. Unique, tasty but too sweet for me and thats saying something for me.

4.75/5  rDev +23.4%

4.39/5  rDev +14%

Bottle poured into a Siciliano's pokal.

A- A normal pour created a dense, 1-1/2 finger, khaki head that dropped to a thin film and left great sticky spots on the glass. The body was a deep, dark golden color. Initially a bit hazy, but it cleared up. Moderate carbonation and a little sediment floating around.

S- definitely peachy, without overwhelming the senses. Grassy/herbal hops. The more I smell, the more fresh peaches I perceive. Sugary sweetness as well.

T- Hoppy at first. Then, a solid shot of peaches and sweet cream. I sense higher ABV in the full, sweet, malty flavor, without any harshness. Well balanced. When I say well balanced, I mean EVERYTHING is turned up a couple notches. Relatively sweet, but hints of tart as you might find in a peach.

M- Quite viscus. Moderate carbonation tries to keep up with the full, full body. More suspicions of the well hidden ABV.

O- It really hits the mark, as Short's often does with its experimental beers. Robust, while quite drinkable.

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

3.95/5  rDev +2.6%

A 750 mL bottle from the 2007 run, #431 of 820. Shared with ksak.

A: The peach ale is an amber color, somewhere on the autumnal scale between orange and brown; translucent only if you've got a nearby light source. Off-white, the head is, doesn't lace though.

S: The aromas are peachy, even 5 years in. The sweetness is tempered by the lactose and booziness. Overall the ale still has it going on but the caramel body is slowing creeping up.

T: My first sip revealed more spices than the nose hinted at - cinnamon cones through first, setting up the peaches. Those fruits are juicy, still sugary after all these years. The creamy body is evident, a sweetness that compliments the sweetness of the peaches. Vanilla mixes with the cinnamon, even a woody firmness (thanks vanilla) is hinted at. The strength of the ale is palpable but it doesn't weigh on me. A very thick ale.

M: Yeah, it's held up very nicely over 5+ years, sweet and peachy with a nice cream finish. The spiciness, paired with peaches, is like a flaming peach dessert.

Peaches & Cream from Short's Brewing Company