Peaches & Cream - Short's Brewing Company

Peaches & CreamPeaches & Cream

Short's Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.30% ABV

(Beer added by: hoppymeal on 06-11-2007)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Peaches & Cream Alström Bros

3.78/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Reviewed from notes. Enjoyed out of the bottle.

A-Pours a nice golden body with a short and playful white head. Nice sized carbonation, big bubbles. Head retention minimal but leaves the sticky along the sides.

S-Lots of booze here (it is after all "imperial"). You get some sweetness present from the lactose and a faint bit of a peach.

T-A bit to "high gravity" for my liking as the alcohol absolutely dominates this beer. The peach is there but it is reminiscent of an over poured well drink....not quite as balanced as it could/should be. I absolutely love the foundation of the milk sugar and think if they brought this down a bit ABV wise it would be a home run.

M-Nicely carbed for the style and my only complaint remains the intimidatingly high booze blast that really overpowers everything.

O-I know, I know. I'm knocking it for being "too imperial" but feel like Short's has something here if they make it more of a session beer. Peaches aren't often found in many beers and the milk-sugar could really do wonders.

2.5/5  rDev -35.1%

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

2.5/5  rDev -35.1%

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

3.24/5  rDev -15.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Tasted 15 January 2014, reviewed from notes.

Pours 99% clear orange, with tinges of gold and amber. Almost zero head, just a thin little sizzle of bubbles that are gone in a second. No lacing.

Mostly, this smells like sugar. Okay, it's lots of different kinds of sugar, but it's sugar. After that, it's Belgian golden. After that, some peaches. After that? All those things combining into Short's style weirdness. On the whole, it only kinda works for me.

Taste is big alcohol. I would not say that this tastes like peaches and cream. It tastes like a very strong Belgian golden ale, with dustings of peach and sugar. Cream? Not that I can find. Alcohol is about as front-and-center as it can be for a beer of this ABV. The sugar covers it just enough to make it palatable.

Feel is better than I expected given the appearance. It's actually carbonated! Feels heavy and juicy, but the carb is enough to lighten things.

Not my favorite. Short's has to be one of the oddest breweries around. This one's more of a miss than a hit for me.

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

3.84/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz into a CS snifter.

A- This is definitely the highlight. This beer has a rich apricot look to it. Very little head with thin lacing around.

S- I am getting some funk, but a very good amount of peach. Smelling peach has always been difficult in the peach/apricot sours. I am getting a lot of peach.

T- I get that Short's is doing a sweet take on a peach beer. I would take it down just a notch. I would understand if people disagree with me on this one being that peaches and cream is pretty sweet. I just don't want it this sweet in my beer.

M- Pretty good here. Some carbonation follows down the throat.

O- A good take on a peaches and cream ale. Well done.

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%