1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Peaches & Cream - Short's Brewing Company

Peaches & CreamPeaches & Cream

Short's Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  9.50% ABV

(Beer added by: hoppymeal on 06-11-2007)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Peaches & Cream Alström Bros
Ratings: 248 | Reviews: 79 | Show All Ratings:
kylelenk

3.78/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Reviewed from notes. Enjoyed out of the bottle.

A-Pours a nice golden body with a short and playful white head. Nice sized carbonation, big bubbles. Head retention minimal but leaves the sticky along the sides.

S-Lots of booze here (it is after all "imperial"). You get some sweetness present from the lactose and a faint bit of a peach.

T-A bit to "high gravity" for my liking as the alcohol absolutely dominates this beer. The peach is there but it is reminiscent of an over poured well drink....not quite as balanced as it could/should be. I absolutely love the foundation of the milk sugar and think if they brought this down a bit ABV wise it would be a home run.

M-Nicely carbed for the style and my only complaint remains the intimidatingly high booze blast that really overpowers everything.

O-I know, I know. I'm knocking it for being "too imperial" but feel like Short's has something here if they make it more of a session beer. Peaches aren't often found in many beers and the milk-sugar could really do wonders.

04-11-2014 21:58:02 | More by kylelenk
Drk93TT

4.94/5  rDev +28.3%

Purchased a couple 6 packs right from Shorts in Bellaire. Also had it on draft while I was there.

A: Pours a Dull-Orangey Yellow color with pretty good head.. leaves a slight sticky lace behind.

S: Sweet and Sugary peaches! Excellent.

T: A peach-puree tasty treat. Absolutely perfect. Finishes with a bitter bite and milk sugar punch in the face. A+

M: Full bodied robust peach goodness. Has a excellent finish that lingers on the pallet for quiet some time, leaving you begging for more

O: I wish this was available everywhere, all the time.. just like Bud Light in any bar. This stuff is absolutely amazing. Perfection in a bottle. People need to try this beer.

09-13-2012 00:33:38 | More by Drk93TT
sailbretthd

4.3/5  rDev +11.7%

poured from a bottle I picked up on summer trip to upper Michigan.
A--beautiful orange glow with decent head that settled into a delicate lace.

S--peaches of course, but not overwhelmingly so.

T--dominant peach taste right away slightly tart, hint of creme and sweetness become apparent just before tart reclaims the aftertaste.

M--clean and astringent

D--regret I only grabbed two of these, but he has so many great beers I had to excercise restraint. This is a great desert beer or evening drink on the patio in summer.

11-13-2008 22:42:05 | More by sailbretthd
YimYoup

1.7/5  rDev -55.8%

I've gotten really big into microbrews the past year and a half. Being that I'm in Michigan I've been focusing on local brews. I've gotten really big into shorts. With that being said I stumbled across a 6er of this one day and was told it was the last one they had. I decided to give it a shot and didn't like it. Generally I like fruity beers but I feel they missed with this one. My buddy and I both tried it and we felt that it just didn't work. I've tried getting my way through the 6 pack and it just hasn't worked.

11-06-2013 03:38:20 | More by YimYoup