The Liberator - Short's Brewing Company

The LiberatorThe Liberator

Short's Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: jt31914 on 12-18-2009)

4.88/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Bold clean full tasting beer. This is surely in my top 5 of all Shorts ales and maybe even of all beers. Bam is the taste you'll have once this hop filled tasty hits your mouth. Drink it colder than normal and it seems like the hops are great enhanced.

4.83/5  rDev +21.7%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a hommel bier tulip. Extra special thanks to Randalld for this from our recent trade!

A: Pours a protein hazed tarnished copper color with a damn near perfect cap of light orange foam on top that retained for ages and left a thick sheet of lace coating the inside of the glass.

S: As soon as I popped off the cap, I was greeted with the advertised "Lemon & Orange Zest". I found it to be more of a compliment (than fully realised seperate flavors) to the avalanche of pine in the nose. Unbelievable levels of pine. A bit of sweet caramel adds the perfect amount of harmony.

T: See above. It just doesn't get much better than this. The pine, citrus, and caramel work together in perfect balance. I am awed and humbled!

M: Initial mouthfeel is full and slick and then it turns spicy with a sharp hoppy bitterness. Very sticky and resinous, it stuck itself to every square inch of the inside of my mouth.

D: Oh please, oh please bring Shorts to IL! The few spring/summer/fall weekends we spend in west MI are not nearly enough to satisfy our cravings!

4.83/5  rDev +21.7%

The most pungent, herbal Double IPA that I have ever tasted! Cloudy, light amber color. Medium head and body. Much less malt sweetness than HopSlam. At $13.99 a six pack, it is much more reasonably priced than many DIPAs. I can buy almost every great DIPA here in Michigan, and this is the one I'll pick!

4.75/5  rDev +19.6%

I am really impressed with this beer. I haven't tasted anything like this before. Right when you pop the cap and the citrus hops scrub out your sinus cavities, you know that it means business.

What I love about this beer is the lemony hops mixed with the dank hops. It almost tastes like weed TBH. Being a DIPA brewer, I would really like to clone this beer...that is how impressed I am.

This brew is exactly what I love in a DIPA. It has a nice dark copper-orange color, a potent hop aroma, a thick resiny body that coats your palate, and a hop kick that pulls on the back of your tongue and lingers for several minutes after a drink.

My new brewing quest is to try to clone this bad boy. Mmmm...if you are so lucky to even see this brew, pay the $16 and enjoy it while you can.

P.S. Don't even waste your money on Hopslam...Liberate yourself. You will be much happier.

The Liberator from Short's Brewing Company