Short's Key Lime Pie - Short's Brewing Company

Short's Key Lime PieShort's Key Lime Pie

Short's Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.75% ABV

(Beer added by: jrallen34 on 02-21-2010)
2.25/5  rDev -34.6%

acurtis, Dec 05, 2011
3.85/5  rDev +11.9%

A: Pours a amber orange color with a massive overflowing head into my Captain Lawrence tulip. Appears to have some type of sediment floating on the top which I realize later is lard / butter from the graham cracker crust. I was slightly worried about this at first but then realized it was part of the design of the beer.

S: Sweet funky sour with graham cracker aroma, a heavy dosing of puckering key limes and a healthy bit of malt around.

T: Wow, this is a great beer for what the goal was. It actually tastes just like key lime pie and a pretty good one at that. Cool and refreshing. I recommend drinking this at the temperature that you enjoy eating your pie. In my case, I like eating it really cold so directly out of the fridge this was great.

M: This was definitely overcarbonated, and light in mouthfeel. I had to bump the score down here, although it has probably been in the bottle for a month or so I would guess to reach this carbonation. In any sense, a light body which I had expected, but a tingling carbonation on my tongue.

O: This beat my expectations and came out just how I had thought it should taste. I would probably eliminate the congealed fat but it really does taste like key lime pie. Bravo on another brave attempt at making an interesting beer.

alpinebryant, Dec 04, 2011

jz989, Dec 02, 2011

RudiNicole, Nov 29, 2011
3.8/5  rDev +10.5%

A - Pours a golden amber color. Slightly hazy. Off white head that quickly disappeared.

S - Sweet and tart. I can smell the graham cracker crust and the key lime for sure. Very odd nose. Almost seems like an infection, but when you really think about it, there should be a touch of sourness.

T - Like nothing ever before. Sour, tart lime taste up front. Gives way to a malty sweetness. The aftertaste is the finished product, like key lime pie.

M - Medium body, with nice tight carbonation. Coats the tongue well, almost syrupy.

O - Wow, what a unique experience. This beer is sweet and sour, funky and comforting all at the same time. It really just is not like any other beer I've had before. That being said, I honestly don't see myself being able to drink more than one in a sitting.

Genghis22, Nov 29, 2011

GRG1313, Nov 27, 2011
3.4/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

12oz bottle
Served in a perfect pint glass

A - It pours a hazy orange with amber highlights. Each pour yields a beige head with large bubbles that have about eight seconds of staying power.

S - It smells like a sweet mess. I think I can discern some lime and some marshmallow.

T - As far as taste goes, I can kind of get the key lime pie. It is very sweet without a traditional beer taste.

M - Medium without a lot of carbonation.

O - I had this on tap once and was unimpressed. This serving was slightly better. It is overtly sweet and is more of a novelty than an every day beer.

buschbeer, Nov 26, 2011